Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default MooseJaw Store in Downtown Detroit?

I thought I saw a MooseJaw Store opening up in downtown Detroit on Woodward Today. Can anyone confirm this?

Its right next to the House of Blues and Cheesecake factory. Just down from the Timberland store and the Forever 21.

Yes, a MooseJaw Store is opening on Woodward. It's located in the old Avis Rental Car location.

Quote Originally Posted by Detjaymo View Post
    Yes, a MooseJaw Store is opening on Woodward. It's located in the old Avis Rental Car location.
    And exactly where is that?

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    And exactly where is that?
    I remember it to be somewhere around Grand River.

I'm not sure if this is its exact location since ive never seen it/been to it, but here is the address: 1275 Woodward Ave

http://local.yahoo.com/info-31218871...rental-detroit

Quote Originally Posted by I <3 DET View Post
    I'm not sure if this is its exact location since ive never seen it/been to it, but here is the address: 1275 Woodward Ave

http://local.yahoo.com/info-31218871...rental-detroit
    Yeah, that's it. Gilbert is involved. I believe he is leasing the space from the Merchants Row folks. They've been furiously building out the space for the last week or so. The merch is already on the shelves - looks like they will be ready to open soon. Let's hope it's permanent and not just a pop up store for the holidays. Also, the former City Loft space next door is now a Detroit Shoppe in the mold of the one at Somerset. That setup looks more temporary than the Moosejaw next door.

"Its right next to the House of Blues and Cheesecake factory. Just down from the Timberland store and the Forever 21."

REALLY?!?! Cheesecake Factory is moving to Detroit!?!?!

Default Really

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Yeah, that's it. Gilbert is involved. I believe he is leasing the space from the Merchants Row folks. They've been furiously building out the space for the last week or so. The merch is already on the shelves - looks like they will be ready to open soon. Let's hope it's permanent and not just a pop up store for the holidays. Also, the former City Loft space next door is now a Detroit Shoppe in the mold of the one at Somerset. That setup looks more temporary than the Moosejaw next door.
    Really ? I was downtown last weekend for the Tigers game and saw them working inside , I didn't know what it was for ?
    I also saw the Detroit Store , but I thought it was just there for the games ?
    I'll be downtown tomorrow and will check
    anyone else have any info ?

Quote Originally Posted by Detjaymo View Post
    Really ? is this certain ? not just for the Hoildays ?

Sorry for the blurry photos - old [[bad) camera phone

Name:  imagejpeg_2.jpg
Views: 1951
Size:  30.2 KB

Name:  imagejpeg_3.jpg
Views: 1984
Size:  32.8 KB

Name:  imagejpeg_4.jpg
Views: 2187
Size:  30.5 KB

Wow!!! A [[hopefully permanent) national retailer on Woodward Avenue!!! Downtown Detroit is certainly on its way back!!!

Now we have to get a department store that isn't anywhere else in metro-Detroit like Dillards, Bloomingdales etc.

Holy crap ! How did that get past me ???? !!!
    This is awesome news ! I'm hopeing for the best for them !

Who would have thought a Michgian based company would be the first downtown ??? !!!
    If you would have told me I woulnd't have believed it !
    This is awesome news !
    an great and early christmas present !
    I wish the the best !

Great news!!! Hope its permanent, also don't forget Gilberts other 2 dozen retail planned along both side of Woodward. Very exciting..!!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    Who would have thought a Michgian based company would be the first downtown ??? !!!
    Gee whiz like Border's Hudsons, Kressges or Winklmans?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Gee whiz like Border's Hudsons, Kressges or Winklmans?
    Problem is, none of those exist any more.

According to their website they will be open Thursdays-Saturdays.

http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/sho...ind-a-shop____

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Problem is, none of those exist any more.
    Someday Moosejaw won't either. Most retail outlets have a relatively short life-span. In that business, you grow or die. If you grow to fast you will die anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Someday Moosejaw won't either. Most retail outlets have a relatively short life-span. In that business, you grow or die. If you grow to fast you will die anyways.
    I'm pretty sure Detroitdave was referring to Woodward presently, not 10, 20 or even 100 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'm pretty sure Detroitdave was referring to Woodward presently, not 10, 20 or even 100 years ago.
    I was referring to Woodward presently :-)
    Moosejaw has been around for a while , I've shopped at their Woodward and 14 mile location .I think this is a great fit for Downtown Detroit and all the new people moving in, this fits the demographics prefect,Young urban professionals . why didn't I think of this ? ! Damn ! LOL :-)
    all kidding aside I do think this is a good fit , I hope it works out for them .
    I went by today and it's looks like they will be there for a while ?
    all the best !

The website calls it a pop up shop

If it is a pop up shop that leads me to believe that it will be here only through Xmas.

Still great news though!

This is a HUGE deal we all need to patronize them so that they are successful and there for a long time!

11/2 - 11/3 Moosejaw Detroit Pop-up Grand Opening
    We're opening up a pop-up shop downtown Detroit on Woodward Avenue. It's probably the 4th coolest thing we've ever done. There's going to be limited edition Moosejaw Detroit swag, Atwater beer, giveaways and foosball. That's just the first weekend. Check back here for more updates on what's going down in the upcoming weeks.
    Moosejaw Detroit Pop-up on Woodward Ave
    4 - 9pm EST both days
    • Limited edition Moosejaw Detroit swag
    • Atwater beer
    • Decent giveaways and foosball

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast