Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

That doesn't sound like enthusiasm on Meijer's part. I will be surprised if it truly does get built...

But Home Depot has proven that big box retail can survive in the city under dynamic management.

Quote Originally Posted by 2blocksaway View Post
    Don't want to steroetype or anything do we?

I'm actually from the Park. So put that in your pipe and smoke it Royal Oak boy.

I work just off of Woodward around McNichols. I see plenty of bad sh*t everyday.

I wish I had a Bentley, but the Focus will have to do for now. Thats what happens when you don't live with the rents' anymore.

I used to live around your hood' and I too would love to see the Coolidge Meijer go bye-bye. What a dump.
    Why would you say your from GPP? GPP is much better than GPW, that doesn't help your sterotypical image of Grosse Pointer. So you don't have a Bentley, you have an Aston Martin. I'd rather be from Royal Oak than the Grosse Pointes any day. Don't call me boy.

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    ] Third, despite the stereotypes on DYes and in the newspapers, Ferndale, Royal Oak, etc. are NOT filled to the brim with progressive, trendy, supereducated pan-racial folks. The crowd in these cities is most definitely NOT Sex and the City. When I bike up and down Hilton and various sidestreets in Ferndale, I see lots of working class, sometimes redneck whites and the like. I am not feeling like I am strolling down Jane Street in Greenwich Village. I see a lot more pickups than Honda Fits.

Yes, there are some gays, some progressive and the like, but the overwhelming demographic I see is Union Hall and Elks Club. Good luck having them shop in one of the scariest, most devastated neighborhoods in Detroit, whether or not it's within spitting distance of their residence.
    Crawford, I want to thank you for debunking the myth that RO and Ferndale are full of tree-higgung, bike-riding yuppies. I am fortunately, neither. But I don't think that the majority of the residents, who are just the opposite, would be opposed to going barely a block into the city to go shopping. I think this is more about Meijer, but about the entire mall. This mall isn't even in a neighborhood [[in fact is is built upon one). The nearest neighborhood is cut off from Michigan State Fair Grounds and the neighborhoods to the west are established neighborhoods with some money.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; August-13-09 at 08:47 PM.

Default Meijer signs deal for Detroit store

Deal signed:

http://freep.com/article/20090815/BU...ore-in-Detroit

Same article as the above post?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5