Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Now I hear on the evening news Peterson said she rented the woman a room back in '10 but had to evict her.
    The more I hear of the story the more bizarre it seems. Maybe we're not getting the whole story here

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    While many times they do, when DTE finds out [[you can call their theft reporting line) they cut it off at the pole. Sometimes that gets rid of the squatters. Remember, though, that virtually every Detroit home has a fireplace. Between that [[usually burning all the irreplacable woodwork in the house first) and an insanely dangerous kerosene heater, and candles for light, they often STILL stick around. Curl up by the fireplace, burn the banister, poop in your bucket - you're good to go.
    There's guys out there who turn the utilities back on as a type of side job. They'll strap the spikes on their boots and climb up the pole like a Gazelle and re-attach to the house. As far as the gas service goes, just or fun one day I drove up Archdale from Joy road to Fenkell, I lost count of the illegal hook ups, 15- 20%, maybe more then that. I think about it most of the times I take out my checkbook to pay my gas bill.

This is going to be the last I post on the subject. It's all a bit too odd for me&too many missing pieces but I found this statement from the missionary squatter on Fox2's site: "In February 2011, we had to vacate because the boiler was damaged," she continued. "I took all my books and my writings, but my [[furniture was) still left in [[there)."

Now WTH is we?? Did she,Peterson&others live in the house together?Did Peterson lease the house out to a group of people&this presidental candidate was one of them?This is all a bit too strange for me.
    No matter the outcome I hope Ms.Peterson&her little girl remain safe.

How could you tell the gas was hooked up illegally? Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    There's guys out there who turn the utilities back on as a type of side job. They'll strap the spikes on their boots and climb up the pole like a Gazelle and re-attach to the house. As far as the gas service goes, just or fun one day I drove up Archdale from Joy road to Fenkell, I lost count of the illegal hook ups, 15- 20%, maybe more then that. I think about it most of the times I take out my checkbook to pay my gas bill.

Ah yes that hidden 'subsidy' fee... wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Almost all have illegal hook-ups of gas and electric. If you think they sit there and freeze all Winter you're wrong. Think about that the next time you open up your gas bill.

Yeah this is boiling down to a bad 'landlord/ tenant' you-can-have-the-back-bedroom deal gone worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I was under the impression that these two didn't know each other at all, and she just came home to find this nutjob in her house and now she's sleeping in there with her child. Well, only part of that's true - according to this, Peterson and Nutjob did already know each other and were previously landlord/tenant. So did Nutjob get evicted, then decide to come back on her own after she saw the house remained empty? Still not right, but not quite the nightmare that it sounded like at first.

Landlord/ tenant back fire... not much more to it perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Now I hear on the evening news Peterson said she rented the woman a room back in '10 but had to evict her.
    The more I hear of the story the more bizarre it seems. Maybe we're not getting the whole story here

Ah, of course, the dreaded other side of the story. It's hard to discern what the facts are, when both people are kinda strange.

Cuz the lady who owns the house, on camera anyway, didn't seem wrapped too tight either.

GUSHI Guest

Grab a gun and get her the fuk out,

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Maybe you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Ah, of course, the dreaded other side of the story. It's hard to discern what the facts are, when both people are kinda strange.

Cuz the lady who owns the house, on camera anyway, didn't seem wrapped too tight either.
    Yeah the truth does seem a hard nut to ferret here.
    Truth be told I'd have said you were way off about the homeowner and how she looked on camera.........until I heard she was living in the house with the squatter. Once I heard that I started looking at her in a different light[[if that makes any sense?). I'm inclined to agree with Detwa. This is still a bad situation but not quite the horrendous mess I original thought.
    Thanks Detroitsgwenivere&Zacha341 for your time.

Yeah the truth does seem a hard nut to ferret here.
    Truth be told I'd have said you were way off about the homeowner and how she looked on camera.........until I heard she was living in the house with the squatter. Once I heard that I started looking at her in a different light[[if that makes any sense?). I'm inclined to agree with Detwa. This is still a bad situation but not quite the horrendous mess I original thought.
    Thanks Detroitsgwenivere&Zacha341 for your time.
    I agree with Trotwood 100%. We obviously dont have the whole story here...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    So, turns out it's a good thing you, trotwood and Honkey Tonk didn't gather up some "burley family members" to go over there and straighten things out?
    Seemed like such a sensible solution yesterday.

Until the next knee-jerk...

Quote Originally Posted by KOMPOST View Post
    So, turns out it's a good thing you, trotwood and Honkey Tonk didn't gather up some "burley family members" to go over there and straighten things out?

We'll see you then

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Just change the locks and through her out!! What is the squatter going to do, call a cop [[they may get there sometime next year)? I doubt the squatter has the resources to take her to court.
    Can't. She's a legal resident of the property if she's claimed residence for 30 days. If the locks are changed on her she could have the cops come to give her access again. The property owner has to go and get an eviction order, just like if she was a landlord trying to evict a tenant from a property.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post

Yeah, both seemed kinda "cray". They also don't seem to be strangers either.

"So, turns out it's a good thing you, trotwood and Honkey Tonk didn't gather up some "burley family members" to go over there and straighten things out?"

HEY! Let's not get too carried away. I just planned on sitting there in my undies, drinking beer and watching Judge Judy.

OMGoodness! Just jokes ---- No one is sending out their family posse!

Quote Originally Posted by KOMPOST View Post

Quote Originally Posted by honky tonk View Post
    "so, turns out it's a good thing you, trotwood and honkey tonk didn't gather up some "burley family members" to go over there and straighten things out?"

hey! Let's not get too carried away. I just planned on sitting there in my undies, drinking beer and watching judge judy.

lmao!!!GOLDEN!!

There was a point to the a Warner Bros. cartoon starring Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam. Bugs Bunny lives a hole out in Southern Texas desert. Yosemite Sam brought that land and built his ranch under the hole and home where Bugs Bunny lived. Bugs came out and argued with Sam about property rights. Sam kick Bugs out. So he took Sam to court and the courts decide that Bugs must squat in Sam's ranch.

This sounds like a goofy WB cartoon, bus most of them have points.

Squatters have a right to invade your property if you're not living in that property when you have moved out in between sale. Or the property has not been sold for a number of years.
    Last edited by Danny; October-12-12 at 03:15 PM.

I can hear him now.... "Squatters... them ig-gallutin' varmints"....

this thread makes me crave me some dope

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Grab a gun and get her the fuk out,
    That's what I was thinking. If someone was in my house refusing to leave and said that they were going to live there without my permission, that would be the end of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I went back and reread the story and noticed something that I didn't notice earlier:

I was under the impression that these two didn't know each other at all, and she just came home to find this nutjob in her house and now she's sleeping in there with her child. Well, only part of that's true - according to this, Peterson and Nutjob did already know each other and were previously landlord/tenant. So did Nutjob get evicted, then decide to come back on her own after she saw the house remained empty? Still not right, but not quite the nightmare that it sounded like at first.

I don't believe nutjob knew her prior as a tenant because if you listen to the video the newreporter states that they asked nutjob for a copy of the lease to prove her claim and nutjob refused to provide it. If there's any validity, point me to an article proving there was lease.

If someone defamed your reputation publicly by claiming you are a squatter and not a tenant, wouldn't the first you do is bring out a copy of the lease or rental receipts signed by the owner to show it to the reporter to exonerate yourself. Shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to do that. Nutjob is at her house. The reporters waited there all night to speak to nutjob so what's waiting another 15 minutes for her to prove the home owner's allegations are false? How hard is it to go inside and bring out a copy of the lease or even rental receipts? Why refuse to provide it? That's not something a sane person would do.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    That's what I was thinking. If someone was in my house refusing to leave and said that they were going to live there without my permission, that would be the end of them.
    It would be the end of you too - unless you like prison. In all likelihood, that's where you would end up if you shot someone and it wasn't self defense.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast