Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hybrid View

Looks like there's a bit more info on the story... like perhaps the squatter feels JUSTIFIED to live there, per a report this AM. She claims property was ABANDONED in her video interview with reporter! Owner claims otherwise and feels: "She thinks that this is a program in Detroit to take people's homes and fix them up and then she gets to keep them," Peterson said....

Was this part of the original article or truly updated? It's a mess of an article and vid. which in part suggests that the Tracey Blair was a tenant, or broke in? This is gonna be a long court fight! And no I am not writing her in for president on the ballot!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19...use-woman-says

Party's over.Closing time. Missionary woman's moving out.

Someone's going to get hurt over this. Not everybody is going to just call the news and wait it out.

It's not just Detroit though [[in this area), there's a lot of squatters in Pontiac too. I have a relative in Chicago who wants to return to this area and she was being coached on how to squat in a house in Pontiac. She was really considering it, because she's been told - by these other despicable relatives whom I won't break bread with - that she can do it for as long as 2 years because either they have, are, or know someone who is.

What I don't get is how are utilities turned on? Last I heard if there are delinquencies on the water, gas or electric you cannot get these things turned on in your name; squatter or otherwise.

So what are the squatters doing when MICHIGAN WINTER comes, what are they doing for sanitation all year?

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Someone's going to get hurt over this. Not everybody is going to just call the news and wait it out....

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What I don't get is how are utilities turned on? Last I heard if there are delinquencies on the water, gas or electric you cannot get these things turned on in your name; squatter or otherwise.

So what are the squatters doing when MICHIGAN WINTER comes, what are they doing for sanitation all year?
    Almost all have illegal hook-ups of gas and electric. If you think they sit there and freeze all Winter you're wrong. Think about that the next time you open up your gas bill.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Almost all have illegal hook-ups of gas and electric. If you think they sit there and freeze all Winter you're wrong. Think about that the next time you open up your gas bill.
    While many times they do, when DTE finds out [[you can call their theft reporting line) they cut it off at the pole. Sometimes that gets rid of the squatters. Remember, though, that virtually every Detroit home has a fireplace. Between that [[usually burning all the irreplacable woodwork in the house first) and an insanely dangerous kerosene heater, and candles for light, they often STILL stick around. Curl up by the fireplace, burn the banister, poop in your bucket - you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    While many times they do, when DTE finds out [[you can call their theft reporting line) they cut it off at the pole. Sometimes that gets rid of the squatters. Remember, though, that virtually every Detroit home has a fireplace. Between that [[usually burning all the irreplacable woodwork in the house first) and an insanely dangerous kerosene heater, and candles for light, they often STILL stick around. Curl up by the fireplace, burn the banister, poop in your bucket - you're good to go.
    There's guys out there who turn the utilities back on as a type of side job. They'll strap the spikes on their boots and climb up the pole like a Gazelle and re-attach to the house. As far as the gas service goes, just or fun one day I drove up Archdale from Joy road to Fenkell, I lost count of the illegal hook ups, 15- 20%, maybe more then that. I think about it most of the times I take out my checkbook to pay my gas bill.

poop in your bucket - you're good to go That's just what the squatters next door to my house were doing. Bad water thrown out a second floor window every morning. Me with my hose out over the fence as soon as they left.

I was so stunned that I didn't leave right then. The neighbor on the other side immediately put her house up for sale but couldn't find a single buyer three years ago. maybe now if she tries again.

Ah yes that hidden 'subsidy' fee... wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post

"Why would someone buy a home in Boston Edison, and then just leave it for a year, unwatched?
    I wouldn't leave a home in that area unwatched for the weekend. A year is just crazy, and you would expect something bad to happen in that timespan.
    I mean, she paid 23k for what is probably a mini-mansion. Why does she think it's so cheap?"
    "Let's say this squatter never stayed in the house. Wouldn't the owner arguably be worse off?
    What would happen to an unoccupied, unwatched home in this neighborhood in the course of a year? At the least, it would be stripped clean."

You're right. WHAT was the owner thinking! Maybe she could reimburse the squatter for her time and trouble. I mean, after all, she is potential Presidential material.

If there was no outstanding bills then the Missionary just called and turned it on. Every foreclosure wasn't a deadbeat, maybe the previous owners lost the home but moved and transferred their bills honestly, so the new owner didn't have a problem there.

Hey I wasn't even suggesting physical force by loading up the house with big guys, lol, but I figured have them all come and camp out for a long stay! Make Miss Missionary VERY uncomfortable when every room she turns into has a few big guys just hanging out and drinking beers and making themselves at home! After all, its apparently both of their homes now so everything is fair game.

She's only acting like that because Heidi is a tiny little soft spoken white woman.

Yeah, well she best toughin' and 'tighten' up or prepare to be a doormat! Once people perceive weakness and isolation they will bulldoze with impunity - withstanding race!

She's only acting like that because Heidi is a tiny little soft spoken white woman.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-10-12 at 11:46 AM.

Nah. Squatters are pretty non-discriminating. Like anyone, they'll walk all over you if you let them, regardless of race.

I'm not sure Heidi has all her marbles either, though. If you're buying a broken down old BE mini-mansion, in a sketchy part of BE, for $23k and that's all you've got...you're already in trouble, regardless of your strung out ghetto squatter tenant/presidential candidate.

Interestingly the squatter apparently leaves[[ I imagine to hit the campaign trail) since the news caught her pulling up, which would be an ideal time to change all the locks and sit on the porch with a loaded gun and a baseball bat. When squatter returns, inform them you have never seen them before and that they're going to have a bad day if they try to set foot on said property.

A lot of times squatters will squat with a bunch of people and never leave the house empty, just so you couldn't conjur up such a scenario.

Now, really, if I were living in a house with a squatter with my child, I would find a way to end said sqatter really quickly. Don't murders go unsolved like 70% of the time in Detroit? Grind up some glass for her gumbo and you've only got a 30% chance of getting caught.

"She's only acting like that because Heidi is a tiny little soft spoken white woman"

Maybe some of us should volunteer to help Heidi out?

I've already volunteered some of my 'take-care-of-business', albeit somewhat estranged family members! ------

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "She's only acting like that because Heidi is a tiny little soft spoken white woman"

Maybe some of us should volunteer to help Heidi out?
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-10-12 at 11:45 AM.

Just change the locks and through her out!! What is the squatter going to do, call a cop [[they may get there sometime next year)? I doubt the squatter has the resources to take her to court.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Just change the locks and through her out!! What is the squatter going to do, call a cop [[they may get there sometime next year)? I doubt the squatter has the resources to take her to court.
    Can't. She's a legal resident of the property if she's claimed residence for 30 days. If the locks are changed on her she could have the cops come to give her access again. The property owner has to go and get an eviction order, just like if she was a landlord trying to evict a tenant from a property.

Thats not a family friendly area by any means. I certainly would move in there if I had a kid. This woman is basically screwed... whats she gonna do? Kick the nutcase out? Woman will burn that house to the ground.

Sounds like a job for the Detroit 300. They could come to the aid of a tax payer. Anyone want to hold their breath?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Sounds like a job for the Detroit 300. They could come to the aid of a tax payer. Anyone want to hold their breath?
    I hadn't thought of that but good idea.
    When I saw the story I couldn't help but think Maureen Taylor's crew should lend a hand to get the squatter out of Peterson's house.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Detroit 300 can't evict squatters out of the somebody's property unless that squatter[[s) did any illegal activity.

Now I hear on the evening news Peterson said she rented the woman a room back in '10 but had to evict her.
    The more I hear of the story the more bizarre it seems. Maybe we're not getting the whole story here

Landlord/ tenant back fire... not much more to it perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Now I hear on the evening news Peterson said she rented the woman a room back in '10 but had to evict her.
    The more I hear of the story the more bizarre it seems. Maybe we're not getting the whole story here

Maybe you're right.

So, turns out it's a good thing you, trotwood and Honkey Tonk didn't gather up some "burley family members" to go over there and straighten things out?
    Seemed like such a sensible solution yesterday.

Until the next knee-jerk...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast