Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by webband1 View Post
    I don't think each ballot has all languages on it. There are simply ballots available in each language.
    No, last time I voted, I had to plow through all three languages on the same ballot. I always ask why I can't get a ballot in Tocharian or Samoyed. It always flusters the old women running the precinct.

For those wishing another view in addition to Danny's, Lessenberry says his bit on each proposal in this week's Metro Times.

http://metrotimes.com/columns/those-...rops-1.1382150

Vic, thanks for posting that link. Lessenberry is normally not someone I agree with. He has his politics. And they aren't mine. But even I can see past his pro-Union positions to respect every single word he wrote. Perhaps as he ages he mellows -- realizing his radical past didn't get the job done.

So everyone read Lessenberry and follow his advice. And if you believe Michigan should be a right-to-work state, as I do -- you'll know where to adjust. But you'll still respect Jack here. Quite a bit.

[[A link on the home care 'workers' and how its really a dues-grab can be read at the following right-wing link...http://www.mackinac.org/16241 ... for those who care about liberty and rational application of reasonable union rules.)

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    I don't expect Danny [[or anyone else on this forum) to write an objective piece. The whole point of these discussions is to express an opinion, is it not? If we convince others to our way of thinking, so much the better, but I actually like reading the opinions of those whom I disagree with - it often gives me food for thought.
    Oh, don't get me wrong -- discourse is absolutely essential.

I got slightly irked because I expected the OP to lament on the subject at hand -- a backhanded exasperation of all the proposals we now find on the ballot. Instead, it was utilized as a platform to subversively provide a biased viewpoint on said initiatives.

I have my own person viewpoints on the initiatives as well, and I can fully understand why a citizen would choose not to vote in the same manner. But I was hoping we would be engaging in dialogue that centered around whether or not there truly ARE too many proposals on the ballot [[which, personally, I don't think there is).

Hey michimoy, lighten up on Danny. He didn't mean any harm and I don't think too many folks confused his overview with an objective treatise of Props 1-6. He shaped his post around his political views, but he wasn't aggressive about it or confrontational.

As a fng you'll get to know Danny as a very considerate man who would never intentially hurt anyone's feelings. He also happens to be an expert on population shifts and the movement of different ethnic groups within our region.

In short, give the guy a break. It will do your heart good.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Hey michimoy, lighten up on Danny. He didn't mean any harm and I don't think too many folks confused his overview with an objective treatise of Props 1-6. He shaped his post around his political views, but he wasn't aggressive about it or confrontational.

As a fng you'll get to know Danny as a very considerate man who would never intentially hurt anyone's feelings. He also happens to be an expert on population shifts and the movement of different ethnic groups within our region.

I'll second that motion. I appreciate clear statements of WHY he thinks as he does on the issues. I don't agree with him. But I respect his viewpoint with some explanation.

[[As I posted last night -- read Lessenberry for a good analysis and recommendation as posted by Doucette above.)

No to all of them.

Ditto on that....

I apologize for coming across as being critical, and I think over time I'll glean a better understanding of the nature of the board's contributors. I certainly don't want to suppress any open sharing of perspectives on core issues. So Danny, if you do read this: I'm sorry for my reaction to your post.

"I'm sorry for my reaction to your post."

And maybe a nice box of chocolates?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "I'm sorry for my reaction to your post."

And maybe a nice box of chocolates?
    Well, I'm temporarily living in Italy at the moment...how about a gallon of gelato?

You are a class act michimoby; FYI, you can deliver the gelato in person at our next picnic. Danny is always there and newbies are always welcome.

---

My take of the proposals: 1 is best, NO on the rest.

Wish there was a "proposal" to limit the "proposals" on the ballot.

Will honestly admit that I have a personal interest with #3, family member has property that is ready to have a mixmaster installed, so rather than bail him out on property taxes on a regular basis, hope "our" land can turn a "profit".

Hope everybody studies these measures carefully. It really sucks that some people will fall for a slogan that gets beaten into their head by a well funded pac.

Also wonder when the state will just buy the current bridge back from Manny and end all the nonsense. I can see how improving the traffic could improve the job market in the area.

You are a class act michimoby; FYI, you can deliver the gelato in person at our next picnic. Danny is always there and newbies are always welcome.

---

My take of the proposals: 1 is best, NO on the rest.
    Thanks for the invite, gnome! When I'm back stateside I'd be delighted to stop by!

Now, where do I find some dry ice to keep this gelato chilled on the nine-hour trip back...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2