Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Just out of curiosity, has an ex-governor ever ran for mayor of Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    IMO he is no improvement and has no chance.

I don't want a machine politican from Wayne County who moved into Detroit yesterday from Livonia.

If Bing loses, or doesn't run, I think Hansen Clarke has the best shot, and would be a reasonable improvement.
    Agreeable

I think Hansen Clarke would be a perfect candidate for Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    IMO he is no improvement and has no chance.

I don't want a machine politican from Wayne County who moved into Detroit yesterday from Livonia.

If Bing loses, or doesn't run, I think Hansen Clarke has the best shot, and would be a reasonable improvement.
    What good had the Mayors who had lived in the city before becoming Mayor had done for the city.

"He's pragmatic, yet he's actually in tune with the community he's representing."

Though that's admirable, the question is: Can he get the job done? Everyone seems to have good ideas and intentions for Detroit, but as previous mayors have found out not everyone gets onboard with your ideas. There seem to be a lot of people, elected or not, with their own agendas. The road to ruin is paved with good intentions.

"Just out of curiosity, has an ex-governor ever ran for mayor of Detroit?"

You're not suggesting Jennifer Granholm are you?

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    What good had the Mayors who had lived in the city before becoming Mayor had done for the city.
    I don't see the logical reasoning in this. Since mayors from Detroit have failed in the past, we should look for corrupt outsiders from Livonia as leaders?

Bing, BTW, is an outsider, and has certainly not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Det_ard View Post
    He might be an improvement over Bing, but he's not competent enough to run a distressed city 0f 700K people. I like the guy, but it'd be another case of a guy in over his head.

We can do better, can't we?
    How do you know if he's incapable or competent to run the city? Sounds like that's just your opinion. You never know what a person is capable of doing if they are afforded the opportunity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3