Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Milner Closing

I wonder if there might be a need for a Milner style hotel in downtown? Room rates in Downtown Seattle are very high, but when I had to go to hospital there, I stayed at a place called The Baroness, an old apartment hotel run by Virginia Mason Hospital. It's not "modern" by any means, but it IS clean, well run, and all of $90 a night in an area where hotels rooms run $150 plus. I don't know what the Book, Hilton or HI Express charges, but they'd be in that range here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    i didnt know it was still operating as a hotel or i would have stayed there just to say i stayed there...

ive been at the renovated Book, Holiday Inn Express and the Double Tree Hilton [[Shelby?)...

dang. i guess i missed out...
    If you want a real adventure try the Viking!

I noticed that the old Milner sign on the corner of the building has been changed to the ‘Ashley’. Has anyone noticed work going on inside? I’m excited to see the floor plans. I’ve always liked this building, these could be some really cool apartments [[fingers crossed).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2