Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The famous or infamous Hudson jet. Mine was a two-tone light green and dark green.

Attachment 15815

This will look like a huge bargain in a few years. The new mileage and EPA rules will make V8s a thing of the past. They will either be incredibly expensive, if not completely unavailable.

^^Thats one of many reasons why I went for a Northstar, slightly used. I knew the days of affordably purchasing a V8 were soon to be long gone. Performance tends to be sacrificed for higher mileage.

I was thisclose to buying the Camero SS instead of the Caddy, back in 09' right after they were redesigned. Then I went to the Autoshow and fell in love with the Challenger, which had more power and way more room for Amazons like me. But 41k fully loaded...

My dad talked me out of it, by telling me what his dad told him...

"When you look at the parking lots at these autoplants, what are those car guys driving? Buicks, Lincolns, Cadillacs, right? Thats because those are poorman's cars. They're built to last when you take care of them, and they'll last you the rest of your life depending. Now those flashy sports cars? Those are richman's cars, cuz you'd have to be rich to afford to keep fixin those high performing pieces of shit."

Amen Grampa.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    This will look like a huge bargain in a few years. The new mileage and EPA rules will make V8s a thing of the past. They will either be incredibly expensive, if not completely unavailable.
    Which is probably one of the reasons that explains why Ford is bringing back the 4 cyl, 2.0L Mustang in 2015. http://www.inautonews.com/its-offici...coboost-engine

Ford should make a Mustang Hybrid... & a convertible one too!

I understand that a hybrid is in the works

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Which is probably one of the reasons that explains why Ford is bringing back the 4 cyl, 2.0L Mustang in 2015. http://www.inautonews.com/its-offici...coboost-engine
    Buddy of mine from high school used to have that mid-80s turbo four Anniversary Edition that I had some fun driving...and the old SVO is legendary.

I'd be very eager to take one of these for a test drive...without all that weight hanging over the front wheels, it should be more nimble with turn-ins and transitions.

I'm also curious to drive that turbo-3 they are reportedly bringing in from Europe...perhaps for the Focus?

Gotta say the latest Stang is pretty bad a$$. The tailights alone have me sold!

The 2015 Stang redesign is kind of a trip back to 1985 with the turbo 4 banger and 5.0 Litre V8.
    I dont see the V8 going out of the Stang for awhile. Especially with the best V8 engine since sliced bread the Coyote V8. Probably why Ford is building twin turbo 6 cylinder pick-up trucks and 1.0 Litre 3 Cylinder Fiesta's. Above average MPG in 90% of vehicles leaves 10% for gas guzzling and money/reputation making niche market cars.
    I do like the 2015 style, the late model retro Stang style has become a bit long in the tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    Camaro nicer,
    The Challenger is the best looking out of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by downtown_racine View Post
    I do like the 2015 style
    I like some of the "educated guesses" I've seen, but some are gawdawful

I try to like Mustangs but for some reason the biggest .........s seem to not only drive one, but insist on bragging around driving one. It makes me feel bad for the old schoolers who are actually into muscle cars. Gives them a bad name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2