I've been wondering about the check boxes on this year's voters application form. For those who didn't vote in the Primary, this year their are two check boxes on the application form. That is the slip you fill out with your name, address, d.o.b, and signature. You hand the slip over to some older person sitting behind a card table, they double check your info on their list of Registered Voters, and then hand you a ballot.

But this year there is something more.

There are two boxes, one asks if you are a US citizen, the other asks if you are not a Citizen.

When I saw that on the Primary Ballot I was confused as I hand never seen it before. I also recalled that Secretary of State, Ruth Johnson had led an effort to have a law passed in the House and Senate requiring this citizenship question to be part of the voting process, but the bill was vetoed by Governor Snyder.

But Ruth Johnson plowed ahead and had it placed on the registration forms anyway.

This is my question: if I were to check the non-citizen box could I be arrested for a law that is not a law? There is a standing provision on that form that you attest to the veracity of the information and to lie about the information is perjury.

My point here is the Ruth Johnson has effectively vetoed Snyder's veto and by doing so has violated our Constitution by implementing non-laws.

As most folks know I am a Republican, as are both Ms. Johnson and Mr. Snyder, but beyond political label, I believe in our Constitution and I believe Ms. Johnson's extra-legal illegal actions jeopardizes that document.

What would happen if a thousand or 10 thousand citizens checked the non-citizen box. Would Ruth arrest everyone? Would that be an illegal arrest?

Is it possible to violate a non-law? Or does the existing proviso against perjury opens one to arrest?