Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Chandler Park is a county park. Run by Wayne County and last time I checked it was inside the City limits.

Sault Ste. Marie was founded in 1668 and is known by most children to be the oldest European settlement in Michigan.
    I know Chandler Park is run by Wayne County. I'm referring to the Huron-Clinton Metro Parks Association, which operates parks across the tri-country area.

The poster I responded to asked why should the entire tri-county area pay for Belle Isle in Detroit. Well, why should Detroit pay for tri-county parks that aren't in its city limits?

As far as Sault Ste. Marie, that true it was settled in 1668. That has nothing to do with Belle Isle being a part of Michigan first then Detroit, which made no sense because Michigan didn't exist as a territory until the early 1800s while Detroit was founded in 1701.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I know Chandler Park is run by Wayne County. I'm referring to the Huron-Clinton Metro Parks Association, which operates parks across the tri-country area.

The poster I responded to asked why should the entire tri-county area pay for Belle Isle in Detroit. Well, why should Detroit pay for tri-county parks that aren't in its city limits?
    When all of those parks were built in the Tri-County area, they were built so that Detroiters could get out to the country and "rusticate". The farmers out there were paying for the parks for Detroiters. Consider Metropolitan Beach which was built so that Detroiters had a "safe water' place to swim.