Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My definition of a clown is somebody who appears to have registered just to troll on Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    My definition of a clown is somebody who appears to have registered just to troll on Charlie.
    Inquiring minds would like to know who that may be???

I dont want to accuse anybody of doing the arm chair quarterback jerk off over Charlie LeDuff's career - so I am going to assume that the person who originated this thread has comparable journalistic awards, books, resume etc. Otherwise this is a boring thread about a guy sitting at home in his underwear yelling at his television and telling the people he sees on the news "I COULD DO BETTER!"

If somebody thinks they can or are doing better than Charlie's career - put it out there ! I for one am not doing better than Charlie's career, and I have worked for many years as a photojournalist.

If you think Charlie should be doing stories about LBP in Oakland County, why not post what he said in the response to your email when you contacted him and asked him to address a specific concern you have with LBP ?

I don't really have a problem with LeDuff. His style can be grating, but he is shining the light on serious issues in Detroit. We don't have many people doing that in this town anymore.

It does NOT bother me that he doesn't live in Detroit. It bothers me that many of the Mayor's appointees and many of the people in charge of the City after the consent decree don't live in Detroit. It bothers me that the residency requirement was abolished. I don't really care where a reporter who works out of offices in Southfield and covers issues not just in Detroit proper lives.

You know, I really like M.L. Elrick, but lately I am wondering if he has jumped the shark. All I see is Kwame, Kwame, Kwame... Doesnt Elrick ever do stories on L. Brooks Patterson ?

You know, I really like M.L. Elrick, but lately I am wondering if he has jumped the shark. All I see is Kwame, Kwame, Kwame... Doesnt Elrick ever do stories on L. Brooks Patterson ?
    oh my...this is Charlie, isnt it?

i'm neither currently a journo nor a mother's home dweller. was a journalist for 20 years and now work in PR where i speak regularly with those in the field who do work with [[& against) Charles.
    Last edited by Strohs Brewery; September-14-12 at 07:16 PM.

Everybody knows I am not Charlie. But thanks for putting yourself in perspective, because you dont write like somebody who has anything to do journalism, you are using a troll-bait style of discourse that lacks the professionalism of somebody who has or had worked in the industry.

PLAGERISM ! "oh charlie"...

Playing good cop bad cop to muckrake dead horses about Charlies career rather than stating your direct opinions about his current work. Thread title should be "I want you all to believe Charlie LeDuff has jumped the shark and here is why".

What do past allegations have to do with "jumping the shark" in his current gig ? Nothing. Anybody have a link to a lawsuit or cash settlement against Charlie for these alleged infractions ? Why dont you post that rather than chumming the waters with innuendo ?

pffft.

Shollin Guest

I dont want to accuse anybody of doing the arm chair quarterback jerk off over Charlie LeDuff's career - so I am going to assume that the person who originated this thread has comparable journalistic awards, books, resume etc. Otherwise this is a boring thread about a guy sitting at home in his underwear yelling at his television and telling the people he sees on the news "I COULD DO BETTER!"

If somebody thinks they can or are doing better than Charlie's career - put it out there ! I for one am not doing better than Charlie's career, and I have worked for many years as a photojournalist.

If you think Charlie should be doing stories about LBP in Oakland County, why not post what he said in the response to your email when you contacted him and asked him to address a specific concern you have with LBP ?
    Using this logic Charlie shouldn't be running around with a microphone telling the people he's chasing they aren't doing a good enough job. If he can do it better, he should run for mayor.

Yeah, how dare anybody say anything unflattering about a public figure in a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Yeah, how dare anybody say anything unflattering about a public figure in a public forum.
    Hey, people are free to blather until their diapers are overflowing, and I am also free to point out how ridiculous and disingenuous these certain blatherers are.

You're right M.

Charlie is technicolor in the beige and white world which comprises journalism in Detroit. I think we are lucky to have him around.

If you get all apoplectic watching LeDuff, do your heart a favor and don't watch. Same for Mitch Albom or Curt Guyette or anyone else, you won't miss anything because they all cover the same stuff, it is just style, not content.

Hey, people are free to blather until their diapers are overflowing, and I am also free to point out how ridiculous and disingenuous these certain blatherers are.
    How gauche. I figured a class act like you would do it via private message.

I think he's jumped the shark with his new gig on Fox doing reports called "The Americans". He was entertaining with his Detroit stuff but this national stuff is horrible. But then again Charlie is all about making money and he's tapped out his Detroit stuff so now he needs to find something else to latch on.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Watching Detroit eat itself alive on the nightly news is more entertaining than Law and Order apparently.
    Daaaaaaamn...

eating itself alive... a potent dynamic sentence above.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    It's about ratings. If he gets eyeballs he stays. If not, he goes.

I find him sometimes entertaining, sometimes informative, sometimes tiresome.

But he has you [us] talking about him.

It's gotta be tough to create a new act every time.

Yeah baby!

In Charlies "news/show" [[and there ain't nothing wrong with that !) business, there is no such thing as Bad Publicity. Just as long as ya'll be talkin about him.

Thanks Mr. Stroh Brewery, I just jumped over to the fox2 website and watched Charlies piece on the Paducah Church.

My take is if Charlie handles all writing,editing and producing of his work he is good. Like the rest of all, not every piece of work we do is a home run but I got a feeling his batting average and following deserves high numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I think he's jumped the shark with his new gig on Fox doing reports called "The Americans". He was entertaining with his Detroit stuff but this national stuff is horrible. But then again Charlie is all about making money and he's tapped out his Detroit stuff so now he needs to find something else to latch on.
    Charlie worked in NY and LA before he came back to Detroit during Kwame's trials and tribs, so I rather think he is used to doing this "national stuff". Not to mention writing a couple best sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Sometimes you just have to call a clown a clown.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/18...e-already-here

For me he reached Clown status when this uber hip yahoo poured a shot of vodka in his soup when he was on the Anthony Bourdain Detroit episode, Bourdain looked at him with disbelief and had this look on his face that said "if you did that in my restaurant I'd bitch slap you"! I think Chuckie the Duff try's a little too hard to take the whole "I'm cool" factor a bit to far. Hes a bore, I'd rather watch spray paint dry at the Packard Plant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2