Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    The Eastside of Broadway can use some serious help, from Gratiot to DOH garage. It should take note from their fellow westsider's down the street. I do agree with adding a sporting store near the YMCA. I will like to see Slow to GO Downtown in the Broadway Lofts, a Burger joint, and a family style restaurant.

Agree. I also like the idea of a Slow's to go, but I'm still holding out for a 2nd Mudgie's location, and Broadway [[between Grand River / Gratiot) would be a great spot -- although there is room for both [[lol).

If this development does happen, Broadway between Gratiot and Grand River will really begin to change. Hopefully [[if it does happen) it will convince someone to step-up and develop the Harvard Square Building. Imagine the proposed development, and a redeveloped Harvard square building [[sigh); throw-in a couple of restaurants, maybe a nice martini bar in the commercial space of the Lafer building, and we’re good to go!! Ahhh the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    RFQ's for site work for these two parcels is happening now. Not a rumor.
    OK, Its a substantiated rumor now.

Actually I believe that "Five Guys burgers & fries, Papas Sports bar, Redsmoke BBQ, and Coldstone Ice Cream should be relocated to Broadway. Give development back to Greektown for "Greek " restaurants, retail, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Actually I believe that "Five Guys burgers & fries, Papas Sports bar, Redsmoke BBQ, and Coldstone Ice Cream should be relocated to Broadway. Give development back to Greektown for "Greek " restaurants, retail, etc..
    Yeah, how dare those non-Greeks occupy those empty storefronts.

I've been told that work might begin as soon as May 2013. We'll see...

I was told this morning that the parking lot [[Grand River and Broadway), will be closing in two weeks. This would suggest that there might be some truth to this development rumor.

next to the Harvard square building or across from the YMCA?

Quote Originally Posted by louis View Post
    next to the Harvard square building or across from the YMCA?
    The large gated surface parking lot across the street from the Harvard Square building, just south of the YMCA.

Just looked at the construction drawings for these two lots, the project is moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    Just looked at the construction drawings for these two lots, the project is moving forward.
    Maybe snap some pictures of the drawings please?

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    I’ve also heard that the plan calls for a “Z” shaped structure that will connect both lots [[Library/Gratiot & Grand River/Broadway). Any truth to that?

Downtown Detroit don't need any more parking lots. It needs buildings, buildings and more buildings.

It might be related, might not be, but I noticed a realtor sign [[Exclusive Realty) hanging on the Lafer building [[Broadway Lofts). The sign has been there about a week or so. In addition, yesterday I saw two guys with blueprints and tape measures walking around the Cary Building [[Gratiot/Broadway), and taking notes.

if this is a big development why havent they released renderings? you would think they would want to build some excitement. thats what has me scratching my head regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    if this is a big development why havent they released renderings? you would think they would want to build some excitement. thats what has me scratching my head regarding this.
    It's possible they're awaiting some funds or incentives from DEGC, state of Michigan, or Feds, or foundations....

hm, all new apartments, I wonder how many levels/units..

I heard it was going to be a Cheesecake Factory.

---someone had to say it.

Still no pics? I'm skeptical of this one for sure.

Many companies sending people to do field measurments, people reviewing drawings, money being spent on resources quoting for a future project coming from multiple sources. I don't need expensive computer generated pictures to connect the dots. Besides, I am pretty sure it was reported a long time ago that Gilbert secured the development rights to these parcels.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    Still no pics? I'm skeptical of this one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    Many companies sending people to do field measurments, people reviewing drawings, money being spent on resources quoting for a future project coming from multiple sources. I don't need expensive computer generated pictures to connect the dots. Besides, I am pretty sure it was reported a long time ago that Gilbert secured the development rights to these parcels.
    Yes, you are right. I've seen and heard about Gilbert securing the two parcels awhile too. I'm going to find the sources on this..

I just talked to another neighbor of my mine, at the Broadway Lofts, and he also
    confirmed the project. He talked to our building manager yesterday and he was
    told that construction will begin in about a month. He also confirmed the "Z"
    shaped structure which will occupy both parking spots.

well that is certainly good news. hopefully the project doesnt take its cues from the rendering of the hudson block that gilbert released months ago.

I agree, it's important to have a high quality building in that spot. I'm less excited than nervous.

Hmmm -- rendering at Quicken's HQ [[from BuildingsofDetroit.com FB Page). This appears to be the corner of Library and Gratiot.

Name:  60360_10151202484441926_1804707911_n.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  28.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    Hmmm -- rendering at Quicken's HQ [[from BuildingsofDetroit.com FB Page). This appears to be the corner of Library and Gratiot.

Name:  60360_10151202484441926_1804707911_n.jpg
Views: 1448
Size:  28.3 KB
    1. Thanks for posting the picture.
    2. I guess it is good that a vacant lot is being replaced by a building[[s).
    3. But I really hope they don't build it like what is shown in the picture. Is there anyone here who honestly thinks that building shown wouldn't look like pig vomit in 30 years. What a missed opportunity by the architect.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast