Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    IF you or another person are being threatened with imminent death or sexual assault AND there is no other recourse [[such as running away or hitting back) AND the other person is armed, then I think use of a gun is justified. Also, in my eyes, if you can shoot to incapacitate, it is preferable to to killing.
    Wow, that's a lot of IF's and AND's. In a span of maybe 10 or 15 seconds when a person is being plummeled with fists that could possibly be a lethal weapon, there isn't much time to decide "what am I to do, my oh my oh my"!
    "this biker hit MY car, now he's really really mad and he's at my window punching me in the face, knocking one tooth here and one tooth there, breaking my jaw, breaking my nose, giving me a concussion...what am I to do???"
    I am sure that the driver of the truck DID NOT expect the biker to start hitting him the minute he approached his window. Never, in a million years, would I think that if I was not the person in the wrong here, that this biker would hit me. He's coming to my window to apologize for going against the signal and damaging my truck would be my thoughts. The biker was a coward who sucker punched this driver and was planning on taking his total anger out on him.
    Oh, and when I shoot this guy who is throwing wild punches at me, just try to wing him, don't kill him. Yeah, plenty of time to think all that out before I die myself!
    Sorry if this reply sounds a bit sarcastic but I am really getting tired of all these lame excuses to blame the "real victim" here...the driver of the truck who was minding his own business, never expecting this wildman to come and start beating up on him.

An update from the News-Herald. Maybe the byciclist had some history of violent behavior and some history with the police dept.

Link to the full article: http://thenewsherald.com/articles/20...mode=fullstory

Curious to learn the truck driver is a retired Marine.

This may not change things...but at least proves he had training.

For the Military [[and FBI and the like, if I'm not mistaken) sidearms are close combat...they train to get off 3 shots within 10 seconds at 10 feet. No need to go any less, so with that he showed restraint.

He had no leverage, was getting pummeled. 50/50 the truck even HAD power windows, and I'm not sure Ford had the anti-injury sensors on their power windows in the Ranger. It is old enough that it probably had manual windows...but I cannot remember if my old Windstar had the safeties on its power windows.

Guy had a prior felony that was plead down...I'm betting this shooter walks.

We've had an odd rise in shootings in the news lately...last night a household on the west side erupted into a gunfight. Two dead.

This morning, a store owner kills the party four guys had planned after breaking into his joint. Well, he killed one of the perps.

What'll come first? Perps climbing the learning curve of life, or will they be made extinct by extreme lead poisoning?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    What'll come first? Perps climbing the learning curve of life, or will they be made extinct by extreme lead poisoning?!
    Hope for the former, prepare for the latter. It seems like some people on here are failing to do the second part.

I'm not sure whether this would be related but is it true that professional boxers can be convicted of assault with a deadly weapon if they punch someone outside of a legitimate boxing match?

Would that mean that an amateur cannot be so convicted?

as long as the boxer was scared and had no other options but to throw an uppercut, no jury would convict.

This is my rifle, this is my gun
    One is for fighting, one is for fun

He was punched 7 times before firing.

Quote Originally Posted by RaumVogel View Post
    He was punched 7 times before firing.
    Sounds fair to me.

Let's hear it from the ones who think the truck driver could have done differently. The man in this incident was simply ordered to get out of his car...should he have gotten out of the car and let these thugs take what he worked hard for? Should he have gotten out of the car and taken the chance the thugs would kill him anyway?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Detroit-robbery-target-returns-fire-teen-killed/-/1719418/16620476/-/9o4on4z/-/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Let's hear it from the ones who think the truck driver could have done differently. The man in this incident was simply ordered to get out of his car...should he have gotten out of the car and let these thugs take what he worked hard for? Should he have gotten out of the car and taken the chance the thugs would kill him anyway?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/Detroit-robbery-target-returns-fire-teen-killed/-/1719418/16620476/-/9o4on4z/-/index.html

Nothing here to compare. No apples no oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post

The difference here is that there was a weapon shown by the would be theives. Although, according to morning news, the 50 year old fired and killed one teen ager, but the kids never fired at him.

Yes, I see how being approached by a group of men with guns drawn is the same as being approached by a single unarmed guy. Exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Yes, I see how being approached by a group of men with guns drawn is the same as being approached by a single unarmed guy. Exactly the same thing.
    What tools do you use to determine the danger of an assailant, if they're not wearing their "Don't shoot me, I'm unarmed" t-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    What tools do you use to determine the danger of an assailant, if they're not wearing their "Don't shoot me, I'm unarmed" t-shirt?

That's the one that says, "Not cranked on Meth, just MAD as hell" on the back, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    That's the one that says, "Not cranked on Meth, just MAD as hell" on the back, right?!

I wonder, is there such a thing as a Sponge Bob death's head t-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I wonder, is there such a thing as a Sponge Bob death's head t-shirt?
    I can't believe I found one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    In the case of the original situation, I use the gas pedal on my automobile tool.

It's an obscure tool, I know.

Wow! Believe me Jimaz I threw these two together without much thought but some hipster evidently beat me to it! Kudos to him and to you for finding it! lol

According to this, the bicyclist did have something of a violent and criminal past including B&E's, assault. No word yet from Wayne Co. prosecutor's office regarding any possible charges.

http://thenewsherald.com/articles/20...ewmode=default

How do you hit someone with your left door wile making a turn? Sounds like the bike rider just rode rite into him.

That's puzzling. The photos show the dent in the passenger side, and to the rear of the wheel well, not exactly on the door. Maybe a misprint.

Yes, the witnesses saw the bicycle hit the truck, not the truck hit the bike.

A update from the News Herald. Wow, it looks like in 2000 the deceased would have killed a 'friend' that he had beaten unconcious if an off-duty policeman had not happened by and intervened. Also wanted for burglary in Taylor, and arrest warrants issued by three other cities.

http://thenewsherald.com/articles/20...c370553146.txt

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    A update from the News Herald. Wow, it looks like in 2000 the deceased would have killed a 'friend' that he had beaten unconcious if an off-duty policeman had not happened by and intervened. Also wanted for burglary in Taylor, and arrest warrants issued by three other cities.

http://thenewsherald.com/articles/20...c370553146.txt
    So does that mean he deserved to die?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    So does that mean he deserved to die?
    The cyclist chose to harm the driver of the truck. He had had previous incidents in which he tried to harm others. He's had encounters with the police department. Sometimes the "choices" a person makes can be their last one, and this was one of those times.
    From what I've read, the driver of the truck was more than likely going to be killed himself or would have suffered some very serious injuries had he not been legally armed. I'm sure he is suffering some PTSD today....no one "in their right mind" wants to kill someone.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast