Here is the schedule for this year's Labor Day weekend jazz fest:
http://www.detroitjazzfest.com/PDF/12schedule.pdf

And a stellar schedule it is too! Easily the best lineup they've ever had, including Sonny Rollins, Wayne Shorter, Wynton Marsalis, Chick Corea, Gary Burton, Pat Metheny, artist-in-residence Terence Blanchard, and too many other greats to name - including many of our local and native greats.

Most of the festival is happening in Hart Plaza [[unlike several other events that have been moved out of there). However, despite earlier hype about moving the entire event back to the Plaza, I see that that many of the biggest acts will in fact be on a so-called "main stage" in Cadillac Square - far from Hart Plaza. I saw Herbie Hancock and other acts there a few years back, and found it a pretty uncomfortable and unaccommodating place to watch a show, with poor acoustics.

I think the Jazz Festival people were originally counting on the promised availability of the old Ford Auditorium site as an addition to Hart Plaza, so they could re-consolidate the festival there. But, as we all know, that ain't happening [[yet?).