Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes, I heard about that. The pizza driver took a bullet to the chest, was able to drive back out of Detroit to Dearborn and get an ambulance. Crazy. These few robbing, murdering, and stealing creeps need to be apprehended and put away. Not go thru the turnstile of the legal system, back on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by rooms222 View Post
    There is some discussion of people getting harmed by trying to do work in Detroit in this story of a Jet's Pizza stopping night time deliveries in Detroit after a shooting.....

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...r-driver-shot/

Quote Originally Posted by darwinism View Post
    I am as relaxed and soothing as can be, buddy. My breathing is also as perfectly paced as biologically possible. Don't need to take any deep breaths or relax any further.

I am not all over the place, nor will you have any idea what I or anyone related to the cause are talking about. Certainly not anybody from Handymen Ministry and Detroit 300 - Nope, you will never understand in a million lifetimes. Your moniker is telling enough.

Have a meaningful weekend, Bad Brains.
    Yes you are all over the place. All I said was it's not a smart idea to leave that amount of valuables unattended in that area, and you're ranting in every direction and overreacting. You have some issues.

Yes, I have issues with 'bad&stupid' ..... plain and simple. There is no over-reacting whatsoever, because 'bad&stupid' people shouldn't be allowed to ruin the effort of good folks, such as those at Handymen Ministry and Detroit 300.

What you said was enough - because if it isn't smart to have tools and a work van to fix and repair crumbled properties, then how do you fix and repair crumbled properties. How do you fix plumbing? How do you fix heating and ventilation? I'm sure many on this forum would love to see you do carpentry, brick work and so on, with your bare hands without any tools or equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    Yes you are all over the place. All I said was it's not a smart idea to leave that amount of valuables unattended in that area, and you're ranting in every direction and overreacting. You have some issues.

The lack of moral compass in this city, and even on this forum, truly disgusts me.

Why would there even be a shred of reason to blame the 2 men who lost their van and tools?

Time and time again, forum folks harp on people to get off the couch and do positive things for the city. When I talked about Dan Gilbert making a huge difference in a previous thread, many chimed in about the smaller players, those who are working hard on their own to bring about improvements in Detroit. Well, here you have 2 men actively helping, and guess what they end up with .....

Here's the bottom line, Detroiters, as long as the quantity of bad&stupid people is still more than the quantity of good&smart people ..... positive change will be difficult. It is really a numbers game; bad people harms others directly, while stupid people harms others indirectly by electing bad&stupid people to be leaders.

There you have it, forumers ..... want to fight the good fight? Well, tilt the scale, change the stats, and make the odds favorable.

<stepping off the soapbox>
    I feel dumber for having read that statement.

Looking back at your history of responses on this forum, 'dumber' is quite an understatement on a biblical proportion.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/search.php?searchid=11206

See for yourself - and it'll be rapidly obvious what contribution, or the lack thereof, you've made to this forum and to the city of Detroit.

Suggestion: Participate in Motor City Blight Busters[[link), Detroit 300[[link), Handyman Ministries[[link)

Ohh ..... you don't have time to do any of that. Yea, we figured so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    I feel dumber for having read that statement.

Yes, I have issues with 'bad&stupid' ..... plain and simple. There is no over-reacting whatsoever, because 'bad&stupid' people shouldn't be allowed to ruin the effort of good folks, such as those at Handymen Ministry and Detroit 300.

What you said was enough - because if it isn't smart to have tools and a work van to fix and repair crumbled properties, then how do you fix and repair crumbled properties. How do you fix plumbing? How do you fix heating and ventilation? I'm sure many on this forum would love to see you do carpentry, brick work and so on, with your bare hands without any tools or equipment.
    What the hell are you talking about? You want to see me do carpentry and brick work without tools? How does this have anything do to with having your vehicle stolen?

Exactly.

Tools, equipment and work van are all needed to make repairs. Let's say you are doing carpentry and brick work for an under-privilege Detroit family for free as a volunteer - and your vehicle plus all the tools got stolen.

Would it be appropriate to say that it is your fault for involving yourself? This is what I am talking about, and it has everything to do with the matter at hand.

I have been on the front-lines performing exactly the type of work that these folks were doing ..... Handyman Ministries, Blight Busters, Detroit 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? You want to see me do carpentry and brick work without tools? How does this have anything do to with having your vehicle stolen?

Exactly.

Tools, equipment and work van are all needed to make repairs. Let's say you are doing carpentry and brick work for an under-privilege Detroit family for free as a volunteer - and your vehicle plus all the tools got stolen.

Would it be appropriate to say that it is your fault for involving yourself? This is what I am talking about, and it has everything to do with the matter at hand.
    Involving myself with that? I don't understand what you are asking or what point you are trying to make.

Are you trying to say that I'm the one who stole the van that was full of tools?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2