Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    And again, you could have edited the pictures to focus on the graffiti and location and mentioned the relation to MCS instead of posting another 6 or 7 pictures of the girl.
    Well, if your familiar with Detroit, and I say 14th street, down from the Mercury Bar, then you would know perfectly well, that this is in front of MCS. [[I suspect you're from the suburbs, due to your lack of familiarity with the city).

So, are you asking to look at the photos of all the graffiti, and other things in the area?

Since this topic is so interesting to you, and you now know where it is, go down there take your own photos of the place. The car is most likely parked there, as the owner lives there, and it is parked there daily. I am sure we will be blown away at how well you document the location. The best part, with your own pictures, you can comment how the photos, rip off the tagger, plug your own work, and are yet again images of urban decay around here. Have at it-
    Last edited by Cinderpath; August-12-12 at 04:11 PM. Reason: grammer/typo

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I liked how the stranger conveniently parked the car across 3 spaces and in front of the building, making for a perfect photo opportunity.
    Mystery solved. The stranger, is the owner, and lives there, and parks there daily. I know its hard to believe that a person owning a car would park it in front of, or near their residence. And when you go there in the afternoon, and the car is parked on an east-west street, the lighting would make it a perfect photo opportunity. Not sure how you were able to come up with parking across three spaces [[?) Wow people here are just a tad suspicious.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderpath View Post
    Mystery solved. The stranger, is the owner, and lives there, and parks there daily. I know its hard to believe that a person owning a car would park it in front of, or near their residence. And when you go there in the afternoon, and the car is parked on an east-west street, the lighting would make it a perfect photo opportunity. Not sure how you were able to come up with parking across three spaces [[?) Wow people here are just a tad suspicious.

You could see the lines for the parking spaces and it was parked across at least two parking spaces.

Mystery solved. The stranger, is the owner, and lives there, and parks there daily.
    So why don't you go up and knock on his door instead of advertising your pictures here?

As in any debate I think the truth here is somewhere in the middle. If it was promotional, so what, no one had to open the pics. Perhaps a show of the car only may have been more appropriate for the subject line if help was the main reason for the post. No critique was asked for so they may have been as rude or uncalled for but That comes with the territory tho for any artist. Learned that in Art school. No one should feel manipulated or lied to over a simple post. I think the heat is just getting to everyone.

Occurrence Guest

Again- thanks for proving my point exactly, what does this add to the conversation? PS- She has been professionally modeling since she was 15, and had a lot of success with it, and continues to do so. No need to post other photos of her in publications, etc, here, as meaningless opinions such as yours won't stop her, or your keyboard.
    Hey, I deleted that comment because it was out of line. How did you quote that?

Much adeu over nothing.

What? The owner lives in an abandon Hotel? In the burned out houses? In the empty fields. WTF?

Chillax people. Whether an innocent request or not, or some where in between, no big deal. It's not like he's the CCS guy who's been spilling paint all over town, including on freeway bridge abutments, and calling it art. That guy deserves a thrashing. Cinderpath's posts were harmless, and featured a cool car.

those darn CCS'ers

I will be the first to admit that I did not know who Cinderpath was until I saw his real name on the photos. No one is putting me up to this, nor does Cinderpath know I'm doing this [[well, he will if he reads it). M. Ross Valentine is a very well known local photographer. He is especially noted for his railroad photography and marine photography [[that's what I'm familiar with). He has been photographing for many years and has many published works, including many photographs in the book linked below [[Lake Boats). I can honestly say that he was NOT using this forum, nor does he have a need to use this forum, to promote his work. He is not an unestablished, amatuer hobbyist. As a long time member of this forum, it disappoints me how bitter and angry people are, and how quick to judge. For that reason, I rarely post, and only occasionally lurk anymore. Respectfully....

http://www.amazon.com/Lake-Boats-End...rds=lake+boats

I smell a rat.
    why take the pics off and keep the thread open anyway.

Everybody's a critic.

What you smell is someone's who has been on this site forever getting jumped on over some bullshit. Find something else to be suspicious of or bitch and moan about.

BillyBBrew, the pictures I saw were not what I would consider professional quality. They looked like the typical Comp Shots a model would pay for to add to her portfolio or website.

They were decent and obviously shot with a good camera, but not what you might see in a magazine.

The kicker was the whole "who's car is this?/I know who owns the car and where they live and where they park everyday" conundrum.
    Last edited by Meddle; August-13-12 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I smell a rat.
    why take the pics off and keep the thread open anyway.
    He doesn't have the option of closing a thread even if he started it. That is up to the admins

I think people simply need to get off their asses and actually go do something themselves. Maybe they could run for City Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Everybody's a critic.

What you smell is someone's who has been on this site forever getting jumped on over some bullshit. Find something else to be suspicious of or bitch and moan about.
    gotcha, I will turn my attention to L brookes. I jumped in this one way to late

I've been developing a theory that Detroiters have been suffering so many disappointments for so many years that they've developed PTSD symptoms.

This thread has confirmed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2