Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Whoa, so I was right about the cross-traffic yellow flashing versus green...I thought in later reports the flashing yellow was for the left turn ONTO Opdyke. I'm back to being confused. If this is the case, the driver of the Bosch VW should not get any tickets, except the no-seatbelt one.

That is so strange, coming off of SB Opdyke...which has a fairly high speed limit, and nearly no cross-traffic from the Stadium under I-75 down to this intersection...to take a flashing yellow invitation to Walton, only to meet the county executive and his driver as they scream into their windshield.

If I saw a flashing yellow, left turn or through, I'd not look too far down the road at cross traffic...thinking they had a red. This is scrambling my brain.
    Last edited by Gannon; September-19-12 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Are you insinuating that Brooks is getting boozed up on mouthwash? He is a public figure and being such bad breath is something to avoid. Besides Brooks can afford to drink stuff a lot better than mouthwash!

Justice...at least after the attorneys got paid.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/C...z/-/index.html

Funny, they say in the headline the driver struck L's car...when it was the other way around. Glad L. Brooks has healed, it seems he was deeply affected by this event. Hope to see something good come out of this...

The only good I want to see come out of this is his graceful retirement, so that everyone can finally just move on from the past battles. He'd do well to "spend more time with his family."

Not if he is suddenly the wise old sage with a freshly-awakened conscience...who can still affect those he's trained over the decades. Never know what good he might able to affect now...

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post

Funny, they say in the headline the driver struck L's car...when it was the other way around.
    Good catch, J. It was ridiculous that the young man driving the car at fault was charged with three misdemeanors. He deserved a ticket, nothing more.

Didn't hear this piece of news until today....

"His driver, James Cram, is a quadriplegic after the crash."
    http://www.9and10news.com/story/2056...ty-execs-crash

Reported in multiple sources for the first time, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post

Oh dear, that's a high price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post

This is interesting as well [[from the same source):

He [[Prainito) had been charged with causing serious impairment of a bodily function, but that would have required Patterson and Cram to release their medical records. They declined.

I heard about Brooks and Mr. Cram declining to release their medical records. And as a result, they could not be called to appear in court to testify against Mr. Prainito. I'm thinking that if the accident was Mr. Cram's fault [[due to not knowing how to deal with those crazy blinking yellow arrow traffic signals), they probably figure that the other driver has suffered enough for someone else's error in judgment.

BTW....just the other day at 12 Mile and Southfield Rds., saw someone ahead of me turn left wrongly on same blinking yellow arrow and was damn lucky that there was no collision!!

Between Cram and Patterson, one of them has something to hide--and I bet it's Patterson. Nothing personal, but I bet his injuries are worse than he's letting on and Dems would try to force him out if they knew he was really bad off.

We're talking about criminal charges--pretty sure there will be a civil suit here, yes?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5