Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Hybrid View

I am a novelist who grew up in East Detroit, but my mother grew up on Alter Rd one building south of Mack Avenue. It's now a parking lot for a drugstore strip mall. I'm writing a novel that takes place in Detroit, home base right ther on Alter Rd, 1927-1950. I have many photos of that corner with the 8 children who grew up there and brought their grand children back every week. But I don't have photos of the stores along Mack Avenue during the depression and during WWII. My grand mother used to take me to an A & P and Kresge's and Sanders but that was in the 50s. I don't live in Detroit any more but will be there for a few weeks in August. If you have any suggestions where I might find photographs of interest, please respond. Also does anyone remember The Drop Inn Bar on Mack Avenue between Alter and Wayburn? I'd like to find the address.

Gina, have you tried Virtual Motor City photo archive? Also, you might check the Burton Collection at the Detroit Public Library.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5