Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
Wow! Thank you SCBAKER for providing that link.

http://crimeindetroit.com/Documents/...s%20Deaths.pdf

XEQUAR and anyone else who wants to know why Mack Avenue [[or Detroit for that matter) needs to click onto that link. It tells of the murder

These honest, hardworking people, that each gave back to the community, were killed over a few dollars by a culture that finds it easier to take than to produce.

And as the article says, "Their deaths left their communities poorer."
I was more than happy to provide the link. I would like the whole world to know of the horrifying crimes that took place in our beloved neighborhood.

I only learned of Johnny's murder about 2 years ago from a woman that I met on the internet. Once hearing the news, I immediately did a google search to find more details of this hideous crime. Low and behold that article popped up.

In the late 70's the intersection of Mack & Chalmers became known as "crack alley". The people that stayed too long in the neighborhood had to barricade themselves inside of their homes. Still they were not safe because so many homes were fire bombed. My internet friend's parents stayed too long and were finally forced to flee like thieves in the middle of the night. They were heartbroken to be forced out in that manner but at least they escaped with their lives.