Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sounds like a war zone, wow.
    Cat should have stayed on the bench, he was at the wrong place. The phone a friend tactic is also lovely. Australian landlord was killed in a phone a friend hit.
    Phone a friend, have a mob scene, pull a pistol, shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot. Ay yi yi.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    First off, when you go grocery shopping, you can't take your cart to the vehicle as metal bars have been put up.

When you go to a store or gas station, you must do business with the clerk through a bullet-proof glass while security cameras are all over watching your every move.

When you go to a Family Dollar, a voice recording says "this location is being monitored for your safety" repeatedly.

Finally, when you leave, a security guard has to check your receipt and rummage through your entire bag.

As far as getting onto the Princess, it will mean, at the very least, going through metal detectors just to access the boat like you would an Airplane.
    Third World doesn't have grocery stores. People don't have cars. No bullet proof glass, only limited electricity, few credit cards if any at all. No PA systems playing audible recordings unless they're government propaganda. Security guards are tribal elders or enforcers.

------ OT but I got a particular chuckle out of that! We're getting close it seems with some of these news broadcasts blamming the same rhetoric!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    "No PA systems playing audible recordings unless they're government propaganda."

Quote Originally Posted by Packman41 View Post
    Maybe this latest from the Detroit News will clear things up a bit:
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz22oM57QZy
    What kind of man gives a gun to his girlfriend? If she needed to be defended, shouldn't he have done something?

Well stated. I just saw on the news the remaining Sunday DP Hot 107.5 midnight cruises have been cancelled!

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I think there is a positivity to any uproar over violence. beats the hell out of "well, shit happens."

Anyone who has watched HARDCORE PAWN [[about an 8 Mile Detroit Pawn Shop) on cable knows full well that there are all kinds of nut cases out there.... just waiting to go off the deep end...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    The very same problems that killed Jefferson Beach and Edgewater Park amusement venues.
    I know that in my teen years, I used to have to sneak to Edgewater on a east-west bus 'cause my folks didn't like me going there due to the 'ruffian' rep it started to get.

But to the best of my memory, they didn't have that BS going on at Jefferson Beach. I went there a lot with my folks when I was a tyke, and kept on going until the fires came, and they just converted it to marina space which was more valuable, and sold off the frontage to the Burkemo's folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Third World doesn't have grocery stores. People don't have cars. No bullet proof glass, only limited electricity, few credit cards if any at all. No PA systems playing audible recordings unless they're government propaganda. Security guards are tribal elders or enforcers.

third worldy
    Last edited by rex; August-06-12 at 09:34 PM.

I too was a tyke when I visited Jefferson Beach.... mikefmich... do you remember that long row of Willow Trees along the canal just south of the beach? I was always amazed by that stretch of trees because they looked so old and unusual.

As for the beach.... I guess it's good that they closed it... lord knows what pollutants were in the water before we had the EPA... I don't even want to think....

Sad to hear of the disarray on the Detroit Riverfront, so many dozens of happy people just trying to get off the boat after a cruise who have no idea what the hell is going on......at the only exit off the boat.

All this being said, I'm just going to keep sailing on Diamond Jack's when I want the riverboat/tour experience. Always a pleasant experience!

I've been on the Detroit Princess several times over the years and have had an absolute blast each time. This is an unfortunate incident, but it is uncharacteristic anything I've experienced on the boat. I had a chance to meet the crew on my last Princess cruise, and they are great local people and even gave me and my gal a tour of the bridge.

This shooting was an unfortunate happening, but I still think the Princess is a great venue for dinner, dancing and to take a date. Not to mention, the views of the skylines are spectacular. I'm sure I will take another cruise on the Princess despite this incident.

Other posters are right about the thug crowd ruining things for the rest of us. This shooting on the Riverwalk is but one of many occasions where a complete moron has brought misery to the surrounding community. Living in the city, I see this thug bullshit all the time and it makes me sick. People have no respect. They walk around mean mugging everyone and acting out like they're hard. Let me tell you, these clowns aren't hard- they're little twits with brains for shit. They need to be spanked and put into their place. The rest of us work too hard to deal with their nonsense when we're trying to take a few moments to enjoy ourselves.

I'm not about to confront every moron thug with a gun I see on the street, but what we decent people can do it shut them out. Businesses shouldn't cater to their crowd. Make them feel embarrassed, ashamed and unwelcome when they show up in places. For those of us who want to live in relative peace and enjoyment, we need to stop giving these assholes the opportunity to be a menace. If we don't do anything to ostracize these thug bastards, they will literally shit on everything and ruin all those places and things we enjoy in this city. What's the point of even trying to restore this town if thug dirtballs are just going to make it miserable, shooting people, throwing trash on the ground, disrespecting everyone around them. I say send the message to the thugs: "Get the F out!"
    Last edited by BrushStart; August-06-12 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I too was a tyke when I visited Jefferson Beach.... mikefmich... do you remember that long row of Willow Trees along the canal just south of the beach? I was always amazed by that stretch of trees because they looked so old and unusual.

As for the beach.... I guess it's good that they closed it... lord knows what pollutants were in the water before we had the EPA... I don't even want to think....
    Kinda....or maybe my brain is just following your suggestion. Visual memories have gotten fuzzier & fuzzier over the years. One overriding memory of Jefferson Beach is my ma going on the roller coaster often, & dad & I waiting for her. Pops couldn't do anything past the merry-go-round or he'd get sick.

My best memory of that area in the mid 50's was going to the member & family only Xmas party for kids at Miller's Marina. My ma's family were boat freaks, they kept their tubs in the marinas there for almost 50 yrs.

I like the Diamond Jack fleet [[Jack, Belle and Diamond Queen) for private chartered event and the standard cruises. I rode them for years before the Detroit Princess came to Detroit. Simple and you might even get a bit of spray from the actual water. I hope they do not have any incidences like the DP had...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Sad to hear of the disarray on the Detroit Riverfront, so many dozens of happy people just trying to get off the boat after a cruise who have no idea what the hell is going on......at the only exit off the boat.

All this being said, I'm just going to keep sailing on Diamond Jack's when I want the riverboat/tour experience. Always a pleasant experience!

Compelling quotes BR! As I said earlier I've done the DP and it was a difference of night and day depending on the booking. IMO the rowdy crowd was 'catered' to on the 'DJ' nights, and after attending a few I stopped going on those nights. Yet, sad that such an otherwise pleasant entertainment option has be tarnished. Especially for the night rides which were very nice absent the creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    I've been on the Detroit Princess several times over the years and have had an absolute blast each time. This is an unfortunate incident, but it is uncharacteristic anything I've experienced on the boat. I had a chance to meet the crew on my last Princess cruise, and they are great local people and even gave me and my gal a tour of the bridge.

These are the same type of idiots who keep shooting up downtown Birmingham -> Blue Martini, South Bar.

The DP is a cool experience, we don't need these idiots ruining things for everyone else.

so the system works? crazy lady fires upon boat, patriotic gun owners retrieve gun from car and defend themselves and the safety of others?

accomplis to attempted murderer gets shot, and gives up identity of shooter? if he didnt get shot, do you think they would have gotten away with it ?

theres been a lot of female fights turned shootings recently. like that ak-47 bridal shower fight. what the hell is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    I'm not about to confront every moron thug with a gun I see on the street, but what we decent people can do it shut them out. Businesses shouldn't cater to their crowd. Make them feel embarrassed, ashamed and unwelcome when they show up in places. For those of us who want to live in relative peace and enjoyment, we need to stop giving these assholes the opportunity to be a menace. If we don't do anything to ostracize these thug bastards, they will literally shit on everything and ruin all those places and things we enjoy in this city. What's the point of even trying to restore this town if thug dirtballs are just going to make it miserable, shooting people, throwing trash on the ground, disrespecting everyone around them. I say send the message to the thugs: "Get the F out!"
    That's what gets me. These thugs get support from family [[who I assume are otherwise decent people).

Wait, both groups had guns, doesn't that make it all OK?

I realize the shooting happened on land but who has jurisdiction if a shooting happened on the river?
    I found it interesting the radio guy being interviewed who said once he heard the gun shots locked the door and went inside while the poor schumcks were banging on the door trying to get back in.
    Also the 107.5 website who has such an informative news related site had no mention of the incident.

If both groups had guns and neither was legal, both shooters should face charges, no matter who started it - self defense or not..

My feelings exactly!. If only we can somehow incorporate this line of thinking into the plans to remake the City. [/QUOTE]Other posters are right about the thug crowd ruining things for the rest of us. This shooting on the Riverwalk is but one of many occasions where a complete moron has brought misery to the surrounding community. Living in the city, I see this thug bullshit all the time and it makes me sick. People have no respect. They walk around mean mugging everyone and acting out like they're hard. Let me tell you, these clowns aren't hard- they're little twits with brains for shit. They need to be spanked and put into their place. The rest of us work too hard to deal with their nonsense when we're trying to take a few moments to enjoy ourselves. I'm not about to confront every moron thug with a gun I see on the street, but what we decent people can do it shut them out. Businesses shouldn't cater to their crowd. Make them feel embarrassed, ashamed and unwelcome when they show up in places. For those of us who want to live in relative peace and enjoyment, we need to stop giving these assholes the opportunity to be a menace. If we don't do anything to ostracize these thug bastards, they will literally shit on everything and ruin all those places and things we enjoy in this city. What's the point of even trying to restore this town if thug dirtballs are just going to make it miserable, shooting people, throwing trash on the ground, disrespecting everyone around them. I say send the message to the thugs: "Get the F out!"[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by getmoore; August-07-12 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    What kind of 'merican are you? our founding fathers argued, shoved and shot the English out of our country. Then they did the same to those heathen Indians and their dinosaurs

Rakiba? is that you?

I noticed that too. Well he could have just said he 'happen' to be inside and the door handle got stuck!

What a mess, and strange that it was not mentioned on the radio stations site. Afterall, they could've paid a consultant to post some kind of 'statement'.

Media folk do that all the time for damage control purposes!

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I found it interesting the radio guy being interviewed who said once he heard the gun shots locked the door and went inside while the poor schumcks were banging on the door trying to get back in.

Also the 107.5 website who has such an informative news related site had no mention of the incident.

... with the getaway driver wounded, no leads on him yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    What kind of man gives a gun to his girlfriend? If she needed to be defended, shouldn't he have done something?

Well James, some of us ladies are the one half of the sum who are wearing the swingin big ones in these types of sicheeations..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast