Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    This city has terrible journalist. What does the fact that one of the victims has a medical marijuana card have to do with anything? If I were to be killed in the city, would they report that I have a script for Valium at the moment?
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Besides it seems to me that holding a medical marijuana card would make it LESS likely that the boys were purchasing weed in the city if they could purchase high quality marijuana in the safety of a dispensary. I'm not saying they weren't up to something involving drugs [[they obviously were getting pills from the uncle) but it seems unlikely that marijuana was a factor.

Shollin Guest

According to news reports, they were stripped to their underwear, forced to kneel, and shot execution style. I wouldn't think that a carjacking gone wrong would have them executed in a field. I would think they would've been shot and just dumped.

I'm pretty sure the crack trade in Detroit is far larger and more profitable than marijuana.
    I doubt it. Crack has been on a steep wane for 20 years now, and most drug crews have shifted to other narcotics.

Doesn't mean the crack trade doesn't still exist, but it's nothing like the 80's. Most crack users are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I doubt it. Crack has been on a steep wane for 20 years now, and most drug crews have shifted to other narcotics.

Doesn't mean the crack trade doesn't still exist, but it's nothing like the 80's. Most crack users are dead.
    You some sort of crack expert?

Didn't the article say they went to their Uncle to get their medicine from his private farm?

Maybe they got more than they needed and tried to sell some?

t's beyond belief that there are people on this thread inferring these young men brought it on themselves by getting involved in some illicit activity. There is nothing; NOTHING; they could possibly have done to warrant being shot in the head and robbed by arseholes in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    t's beyond belief that there are people on this thread inferring these young men brought it on themselves by getting involved in some illicit activity. There is nothing; NOTHING; they could possibly have done to warrant being shot in the head and robbed by arseholes in Detroit.
    Absolutely agree. By the same token though, if you go looking for trouble...............

superduperman Guest

I'm pretty sure the crack trade in Detroit is far larger and more profitable than marijuana.
    Nope, maybe in the 80's and 90's but right Heroin is the most profitable in Detroit because of the clientele which is much more predictable. If money is made from Crack it's from people from Detroit going to other states and setting up shop in smalltowns and making alot of money.

There's more to this story that we know. You don't get shot execution style for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon48202 View Post
    There's more to this story that we know. You don't get shot execution style for no reason.
    That's what I'm thinking. Those boys might not have been "squeaky clean" as has been portrayed, but they didn't deserve the fate they got either.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-30-12 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon48202 View Post
    Bazinga!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Those boys might not have been "squeaking clean" as has been portrayed, but they didn't deserve the fate they got either.
    I never saw them portrayed as squeaky clean, the first story I read about them talked about medical marijuana, smoking grass and popping pills.

As far as getting shot execution style I guess you have to wrong a bigger or more sociopathic scumbag criminal than yourself to have that happen. Crimes against criminals.
    Next up, "morals and codes" among incarcerated convicts.

Quote Originally Posted by scottn55 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Besides it seems to me that holding a medical marijuana card would make it LESS likely that the boys were purchasing weed in the city if they could purchase high quality marijuana in the safety of a dispensary. I'm not saying they weren't up to something involving drugs [[they obviously were getting pills from the uncle) but it seems unlikely that marijuana was a factor.
    Is there such a thing as a dispensary in the state of Michigan now? I thought the combined efforts of Messrs Bouchard and Schuette [[the two biggest a$$holes in Michigan elected office right now) and the Court of Appeals pretty much made the dispensaries illegal [[i.e., if you have a medical MJ card you have the right to possess marijuana, but nobody has the right to sell it to you).

Quote Originally Posted by downtown_racine View Post
    I never saw them portrayed as squeaky clean, the first story I read about them talked about medical marijuana, smoking grass and popping pills.

As far as getting shot execution style I guess you have to wrong a bigger or more sociopathic scumbag criminal than yourself to have that happen. Crimes against criminals.
    Next up, "morals and codes" among incarcerated convicts.
    They're parents were, but I guess all parents will say that about they're kids, whether it's fact or fiction.

Yes they are always tuning their lives around, or doing nothing wrong. They were just going fishing. Just like everyone in the big house is innocent ya know ?

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    Wayne State is actually a very, very safe area. Probably one of the safest in the city in terms of violent crime. I attended law school there as a student in the evening program. I never once felt unsafe or uncomfortable walking back to my car at night, whether I was coming from the school or one of the bars afterward. In fact, the campus can be a very pleasant place to take a stroll. In terms of geographic distance, people in Grosse Pointe are probably a lot closer to the areas of Detroit where things like car jackings occur than anyone on the WSU campus.
    I also went to Wayne State. I spent five years there and earned two degrees. And while it is certainly safer than the surrounding environs of Detroit, I think you are painting an overly optimistic picture of WSU. It's never something I would have called "very very safe." It's safe-ish, which is about as good as you can hope for in Detroit.

Larcenies from buildings on the WSU campus are commonplace, as are larcenies from cars. And yes, students DID get robbed, albeit not so much on the campus itself as in the areas immediately surrounding campus. Hell, I remember one kid got the sunglasses snatched right off of his face IN Science Hall by a guy who just ran right out the door.

I've got plenty of stories like this from my time at Wayne. One time I was in the computer lab at Purdy Library and I witnesses two homeless people get into a fight right there in the library. One of them threatened to "wait outside and stab" the other one. I saw homeless people masturbating in campus buildings. I could go on and on...

i wonder what's the full story with the guys who had the car radio and other stuff.. they may know more..

Occurrence Guest

I wouldn't go that far. It's not like the 80's only in that it's not a "new" drug exploding on the scene making headlines. All the trafficking networks and territories have been in place for a long time and the trade is probably just as strong now as it was then. Most of the customers live elsewhere as the neighborhoods have crumbled.

I'd be surprised if there are any crack dealers left in Detroit. The crack trade was supposedly wiped out by the devaluing of pure cocaine and the widespread popularity of methamphetamines. The end of the crack era is supposedly part of why the murder rates have dropped pretty uniformly in major cities across the country, including Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I'd be surprised if there are any crack dealers left in Detroit.

Yeah right. Looking down the street from my boyfriends porch I can count 6 little trappershits on the corner RIGHT NOW.

Occurrence Guest

I'd be surprised if there are any crack dealers left in Detroit.
    You can't be serious?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Yeah right. Looking down the street from my boyfriends porch I can count 6 little trappershits on the corner RIGHT NOW.
    Selling crack? Or just selling drugs?

Selling crack? Or just selling drugs?
    Probably crack and heroin, it seems like the guys selling that crap like to keep it moving rather than trust unpredictable crackheads and junkies to 'be cool' coming up to a spot

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    Probably crack and heroin, it seems like the guys selling that crap like to keep it moving rather than trust unpredictable crackheads and junkies to 'be cool' coming up to a spot
    Yup, "The big 3": rock, powder, and "heron".

But rock is still the money maker. It flips quick, repeat business by the hour, and is easy to stash. But the guys over here don't even bother to hide it, so its like an open air market on most days.

The effed up thing is, the pigs will ride right by em and their flashy rental cars, but go after any white person who drives by minding their own business. They basically use the dboys like decoys to bring in the REAL revenue: drug related property seizures. Even Hazel Park and Ferndale take part in the scheme. Meanwhile, the neighborhood gets picked apart and burned to the ground. You won't find any of those upstanding cornerhustlers I talked about earlier in these parts. But I guess I shouldn't complain, at least they aren't leaving dead kids in empty fields like other assholes apparently do.

Oh yeah, after scorin you a fat boulder don't forget to further contribute to the local economy by picking up a pirate hooker on your way out.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; July-31-12 at 10:20 PM.

I notice this same thing overthw last few summers- more, bigger street drug operations [[ not sure what is being sold) that seem to operate with impunity- almost as if they were doing legal business. Last summer a big house on Junction Ave just south of Holy Redeemer full of guys wearing black pants and white tee shirts selling away night and day within blocks of the District Station. When summer ended they gone; house ruined, windows gone, porches hanging, fences kicked put, etc. Now similar operation in turn-of-the-last century garden apartments around corner from me: black guys hanging in front meeting people. Place being ruined.Isn't this basically what Detroitnerd, Gannon and others wanting-the decriminalization of drugs? Yet City still being ruined by the people who are no longer being pursued, as DetroitGwenivere describes and I see with my own eyes lately.Could it be because people who have these little businesses still have no other civilized skills to use to augment their living and so continue to strip, rob, etc?Is this the future of hoped-for decriminalization?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast