In Idaho, 1,530 new businesses came to the state last year to do business. Half of them were manufacturers and food processors.

"Idaho isn't a big check state. We're not writing big incentives to bring these businesses in," said Jeffery Sayer, director with Idaho's department of commerce.

Utah has added 5,231 manufacturing-related jobs since 2011. "That's not bad for a small state with 113,000 people working in manufacturing," he said.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/23/smal...e=yahoo_hosted

Neither one of those states paid $200 million to accomplish even more,they just simply provided a business friendly atmosphere.

To me personally no matter what Mr. Gilbert does it would be all in vain if it was not for the ones that really represent the spirit of Detroit and excuse me but I suck at remembering names.

The groups of homeowners that band together in places like Corktown,Midtown, even the single little guy that is still trying to hang on making a difference in a neighborhood that has a few houses left.

The group and citizens that worked so hard at bringing changes through the new charter.

The guy that the bricks fell through his ceiling from the building next door .

Places like Russel center ,the couple that are rehabbing the apartments one by one,the community garden groups ,the building that Lowell moved to,Lowell for providing us with a venue to even discuss change.and countless more that should be given kudos daily for scratching,biting and clawing their way up to make a difference,to me they are the real Detroit and the reason it will succeed and be strong again.

You will have to excuse me and I mean no disrespect when I find it difficult to place someone on a pedestal that receives $200 million to do exactly what the mayor and city council are getting paid to do anyways.

But I guess it is what it is and after the new year it will all start changing for the better ,I am looking forward to that time.