Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Philly isn't getting a Bloomingdales either. I have no idea where someone came up with that, and there's nothing in the linked article that indicates otherwise [[it refers to vacant space in Center City Philly and makes no mention of a new downtown Bloomingdales).
    this article states that Center City Philly is getting a Bloomingdales outlet store [[not a full scale Bloomingdales).

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...rty-place.html

Center City is in downtown Philly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_City,_Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    this article states that Center City Philly is getting a Bloomingdales outlet store [[not a full scale Bloomingdales).

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...rty-place.html

Center City is in downtown Philly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_City,_Philadelphia
    That isn't a Bloomingdales.

The claim was that Bloomingdales was opening in Center City, not an off-price discounter under Bloomingdales ownership. Big difference. It would be like saying that Auburn Hills and Birch Run have Saks Fifth Ave. because they have [[or are gettting) the Saks-owned outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Philadelphia's city center now has a Uniqlo, Century 21, Nordstrom Rack, and a coming soon Bloomies outlet. That's pretty impressive.
    Ah, so now you backtrack, and there's no Bloomingdales coming. But there are four discount outlets in center city, about as many as you find in a Brighton strip mall, so that's "pretty impressive" for a major downtown in a metro of 7 million.

Back to the real world, Center City has one department store, a Macys. It's actually a decent retail market, with some upscale shopping along Walnut Street, but the dominant retail market in the Philly area is King of Prussia.

That isn't a Bloomingdales.

The claim was that Bloomingdales was opening in Center City, not an off-price discounter under Bloomingdales ownership. Big difference. It would be like saying that Auburn Hills and Birch Run have Saks Fifth Ave. because they have [[or are gettting) the Saks-owned outlet.
    Wow, way to deflect your wrongness based on semantics.

MY claim was that Macy's, Inc., the owners of ALL Macy's and Bloomingdale's and their outlet counterparts and Bluemercury was looking for space in Center City. It turns out, as it was rumored to be, it's a Bloomingdale's Outlet.

Wow, way to deflect your wrongness based on semantics.
    No, you just caught making up stuff, for the billionth time.

Again, there is no Bloomingdales coming to Center City Philly, and none contemplated.

No, you just caught making up stuff, for the billionth time.

Again, there is no Bloomingdales coming to Center City Philly, and none contemplated.
    Dear Bham, I never claimed there was a Bloomies coming to Philly. A Bloomies Outlet, which is still a retail store and development, will be coming. Anything else?

I would also like to know other times when I have made up stuff. I always try to research every topic I write about if I don't know enough. I also take responsibility if I am wrong.

I also try not to be so aggressive in posting so as to alienate fellow forumers. I want to get to know everyone's point of view and respect differences.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; October-26-15 at 10:46 AM.

Dear Bham, I never claimed there was a Bloomies coming to Philly. A Bloomies Outlet, which is still a retail store and development, will be coming. Anything else?

I would also like to know other times when I have made up stuff. I always try to research every topic I write about if I don't know enough. I also take responsibility if I am wrong.

I also try not to be so aggressive in posting so as to alienate fellow forumers. I want to get to know everyone's point of view and respect differences.

Welcome to PhiladelphiaYES!

Ah, so now you backtrack, and there's no Bloomingdales coming. But there are four discount outlets in center city, about as many as you find in a Brighton strip mall, so that's "pretty impressive" for a major downtown in a metro of 7 million.

Back to the real world, Center City has one department store, a Macys. It's actually a decent retail market, with some upscale shopping along Walnut Street, but the dominant retail market in the Philly area is King of Prussia.
    Oh and that's three discount stores, one pretty major department store, and a Uniqlo which NOT discount but more like a Japenese H&M.

And some shopping? H&M, Uniqlo, ZARA, Michael Kors, Urban Outfitters, Boyds Philadelphia, Barnes and Noble, J. Crew, Forever 21, Club Monaco, Brooks Brothers, Barbour, Guess, GAP and GAP Outlet, Diesel, Stuart Weitzman, Ann Taylor, Ralph Lauren, Anthropologie, Express, The Body Shop, and Williams Sonomo [[this list isn't even exhaustive). Yeah that's "some" shopping.

While KoP has more shops and the ever needed free parking, the retail market in all of Philadelphia is well served and perhaps plays off of each other. KoP need City Center and City Center needs KoP.

Warsaw7, I was trying to show that some retailers are still investing in city centers.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5