Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    1 - It's NOT a homeopathic solution. A true homeopathic solution would contain *no* active ingredients, it would just be a vial of water. Look it up if you don't believe me.
    the whole homeopathic thing cracks me up. If you follow their beliefs, then every ounce of tap water you drink is a homeopathic medicine for everything

Also remember, dietary supplements are, basically, completely unregulated. Manufacturers just have to prove that they won't kill anyone, which is what they mean when they say "FDA Approved." Beyond that they can make any vague claim they want, including "all-natural" "homeopathic" etc...
    Whatever.

"Death" is listed as a side-effect of all major drugs. SO, they've proven by their own testing that it happens. Whoa, death happens, who'da thunk it?!

PLUS, the most buried TRUTH in all of pharmacia is that the thing they call PLACEBO remains the best 'drug' of all. The best treatment is making the patient BELIEVE they will get well.

And those 'faith' studies at the Mayo clinic are some of the most despised of all...LOL...especially the remote prayer versions. They showed some rather curious results.

Cheers!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    the whole homeopathic thing cracks me up. If you follow their beliefs, then every ounce of tap water you drink is a homeopathic medicine for everything
    An incorrect understanding, but I'd expect nothing less.

Everything you put into your BODY affects it.

I never heard about water being medicine for everything, but I have only willingly consumed distilled water for fifteen years. [[along with fresh-squeezed OJ, coffees made with distilled water, and beers produced with filtered water) It simply makes sense.

The warnings about trace minerals is bullshit, you get those from root vegetables and other natural sources.

The best recent news was from the fellow who insists that we NEED more 'dirt' in our diets! I heard an interview with him on NPR, I'll try to look it up.

As I've said many times in the past, it is all about immune system health. The common system keeps everyone in borderline toxicity and does NOTHING to bolster the strength of their immunity...but they are happy to sell ya TONNAGE of pills to cover the symptoms of immune breakdown.

Then they are surprised when the populace developes auto-immune disorders.

Fucking CROOKS. They will get theirs.

Sincerely,
    John

Most of the good coffeehouses and beer brewers KNOW they have to filter their water before brewing, because tap water is too random. It is one of the things I ask brewmeisters upon meeting them, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I never heard about water being medicine for everything, but I have only willingly consumed distilled water for fifteen years.
    Have you read up on homeopathy? Basically, if you have some condition, like hemophilia, you take a substance that causes that condition, like acetyl salicylic acid, create a tincture of it, and dilute it with water until no acid is left. You take the resulting [[pretty much pure) water, and you're cured!

It works, it's been proven by science! No need for taking any illegal drugs or anything!

Unless you buy what Linus Pauling was selling, which was vitamin C cures everything.

Also, regular enemas also cure everything.

I'm not sure about enemas, but regular intestinal cleanses through either Dr. Stanley Burrough's "lemonade" fast or the initial emergency purification as detailed in the www.WholeApproach.com website work wonders to aid the immune system.

[[A more precise plug...https://www.wholeapproach.com/produc...ctory-Package/ )

The only way I'll play with my excrement is to encourage it to leave my body efficiently, LOL!!

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; July-22-12 at 10:11 PM.

Have you read up on homeopathy? Basically, if you have some condition, like hemophilia, you take a substance that causes that condition, like acetyl salicylic acid, create a tincture of it, and dilute it with water until no acid is left. You take the resulting [[pretty much pure) water, and you're cured!

It works, it's been proven by science! No need for taking any illegal drugs or anything!

Unless you buy what Linus Pauling was selling, which was vitamin C cures everything.

Also, regular enemas also cure everything.

Again, just because SOME of what they said was wrong, it doesn't make EVERYTHING they concluded incorrect. EVERYONE is human, we all make mistakes, and we all have the potential to learn and grow.

Get on with it, the shortcuts from Big Pharma are NOT the way.

That doesn't mean that SOME of their pills aren't effective, either.

Aspirin, for instance, is quite effective for many things. Funny they have never found the mechanism why...

Cheers!

I just wanted to put a plug in for Citricidex a brand of grapefruit extract. This is a product our family has had quite a bit of success with in heading off colds taken when symptoms first appear such as feeling especially run down, sneezing, and a suddenly dripping nose. It both heads off colds and makes their duration shorter. The sooner taken the better.

Also, I've had shingles three times. My wife goes outside and comes back with a pile of lemon-balm she boils down to make a nasty tasting tea. All three times, the symptoms of shingles have disappeared within a day. The first time, I had increasingly searing chest pains for about a month and eventually, it got so bad I mentioned it to her. She decided it was Shingles, fetched and made tea and it was gone the next day after a month. The last two times I've come down with the same symptoms, I brought it to her attention right away. People who go to the doctor for shingles pay a lot more money with poorer results.

You take the resulting [[pretty much pure) water, and you're cured!

I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, where are those studies?

Aspirin, for instance, is quite effective for many things. Funny they have never found the mechanism why...
    Actually, aspirin binds to clooxygenase 2 [[COX 2) enzymes, preventing them from releasing the prostaglandins, which are what cause inflammation and pain. They've known that for decades and decades. It is this prevention of prostaglandins, which also thicken the stomach lining, that makes over use of aspirin harmful to your stomach.

I'm not sure about enemas, but regular intestinal cleanses through either Dr. Stanley Burrough's "lemonade" fast or the initial emergency purification as detailed in the www.WholeApproach.com website work wonders to aid the immune system.

The only way I'll play with my excrement is to encourage it to leave my body efficiently, LOL!!

Cheers
    John... for some reason these comments brought up thoughts of the movie "The Road to Wellville"... about Battle Creek and Dr. Kellogg's clinic.... and Matthew Broderick's expression in the movie when he found out he was about to get a 5 quart yogurt colonic....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    John... for some reason these comments brought up thoughts of the movie "The Road to Wellville"... about Battle Creek and Dr. Kellogg's clinic.... and Matthew Broderick's expression in the movie when he found out he was about to get a 5 quart yogurt colonic....

LOL...I'll have to see the movie. Somehow that one fell off the radar for me!

Thanks for the mechanics, Rb. Always enjoy learning...I'll have to find the question I remember hearing from one doctor about aspirin. Perhaps it has it's bad rep amongst the pharma companies because they cannot make any big money on it. I remember some pushback when it became obvious the FDA had to allow recommending it prophylactically against heart attack.

As for the cancer link, here's a research study I found on-line.

The Abstract?

Cannabinoids, the active components of Cannabis sativa L., act in the body by mimicking endogenous substances--the endocannabinoids--that activate specific cell surface receptors. Cannabinoids exert various palliative effects in cancer patients. In addition, cannabinoids inhibit the growth of different types of tumor cells, including glioma cells, in laboratory animals. They do so by modulating key cell signaling pathways, mostly the endoplasmic reticulum stress response, thereby inducing antitumoral actions such as the apoptotic death of tumor cells and the inhibition of tumor angiogenesis. Of interest, cannabinoids seem to be selective antitumoral compounds, as they kill glioma cells, but not their non-transformed astroglial counterparts. On the basis of these preclinical findings, a pilot clinical study of Delta[[9)-tetrahydrocannabinol [[THC) in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme has been recently run. The good safety profile of THC, together with its possible growth-inhibiting action on tumor cells, justifies the setting up of future trials aimed at evaluating the potential antitumoral activity of cannabinoids.

I'm liking the way this sounds...it seems the DEA is going to have to reschedule Cannabis, and there are a few more individuals who will qualify for prescription in medicinal states. I'm even guessing a whole bunch of folk will magically qualify for release from prison nationwide, as well.

Cheers!
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; July-22-12 at 10:09 PM.

Actually, aspirin binds to clooxygenase 2 [[COX 2) enzymes, preventing them from releasing the prostaglandins, which are what cause inflammation and pain. They've known that for decades and decades. It is this prevention of prostaglandins, which also thicken the stomach lining, that makes over use of aspirin harmful to your stomach.
    OK, thanks again.

A more precise statement would be that for 90 years, they had no idea why aspirin worked. And it's barely been 24 years since they figured it out.

Actually they have tested homeopathic treatments and they work no better than placebos.

LOL...I'll have to see the movie. Somehow that one fell off the radar for me!
    John... check out the movie trailer....

http://youtu.be/cQ4yvfzBt-c

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Actually they have tested homeopathic treatments and they work no better than placebos.
    That means they rule over pharmaceuticals, then! Most drugs aren't as effective as placebo in many tests. That is the quiet truth about this whole deal. Placebo usually has way better side effects, too. LOL...

Show me an FDA approved drug that wasn't as effective as placebo in blind tests. Let alone "most." Scientific medicine has done more than anything but better waste disposal to prolong life, both in years and quality. Better to have the meds developed by universities than corporations, though. cut the price, cut the unscrupulous profiteer out of the loop

Show me an FDA approved drug that wasn't as effective as placebo in blind tests. Let alone "most." Scientific medicine has done more than anything but better waste disposal to prolong life, both in years and quality. Better to have the meds developed by universities than corporations, though. cut the price, cut the unscrupulous profiteer out of the loop

No doubt. The profit motive is a double-edged sword...it wreaks havoc when tossed about wantonly.

Of course, jokes can, too. I tossed that comment out about placebo after a bunch of reading between the lines over many years...and conclude the studies that don't have data skewable enough to 'prove' efficacy don't get published!

I went in search of backup for that, but only found this article...which is damning enough. Might be the same woman I quoted earlier...pretty sure it is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-u..._b_555525.html

Curious stuff she gets into there.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; July-25-12 at 07:03 AM.

In other words, there's no reason to believe anything you're saying.

Dana Ullman is a homeopath. One of his citations {Journal of Clinical Epidemiology
    [[Ludtke, Rutten, 2008)} actually contradicts his claims - and it is from the same publishing group that publishes the allegedly peer-reviewed Homeopathy. Even articles from their own journal say things like "
    randomisation [[sic) at the start of treatment in an RCT of homeopathy in ADHD children has a high risk of failure to demonstrate a specific treatment effect"

In other words, unless one of the fundamental features of rigorous study design is ignored, the homeopathic remedy cannot be shown to have any efficacy.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    In other words, there's no reason to believe anything you're saying.
    There is no reason to believe ANYTHING anyone says, especially on an internet forum. LOOK IT UP and learn yourself. There is no way anyone can keep up on every single discovery and advancement, or horrible misuse of power.

Life is a series of learning events, if you let it.

Discounting EVERYTHING anyone says because they haven't learned it all yet would likely be continuing one's own ignorance. There are no perfect humans.

But when we each shine as much light on our paths towards truth, perhaps the ones near us won't stumble so much...if they watch their steps, and stop following ANYONE blindly.

Especially purchased and corrupted government agencies...

Cheers,
    John

the phoenixtears instructions for making oil out of cannabis should really be read by more people. if you know someone with cancer [[and you probably do, cancer rates are increasing), you need to tell them about medical marijuana. even if it cant cure all forms of cancer, it cant HURT you! and its better than the '4 months' that your oncologist will give you. its really sad that people laugh when you mention medical marijuana. i guess theres no helping some people.

They cannot be helped, they were programmed by propaganda and never dared try the antidote. Two generations of government-sponsored bullshit, lies, and obfuscation. Many thousands of lives wasted behind bars and on probation for the possession and consumption of a basic herb which grows ubiquitously everywhere on the planet. Those who press for the simple view on 'law and order' may never see the light, they gotta open their eyes first!

There are no perfect humans.
    Hey, speak for yourself!

Glad I stumbled on this "Zombie Thread". First off: most doctors are whores for Big Pharm. They push garbage that has ridiculous side effects. They don't encourage naturopathic means [[which I've adhered to for over twenty years, and I've had folks say I still look like I'm in my early twenties. You can slow down the aging process, only you can't reverse it. Many of my steps for better health are quite regimented and require a lot of abstaining from things folks "simply can't live without". One of which is adhering to a hypoglycemic diet that requires many small meals throughout the day versus the three big ones. This also helps folks-like the obese-who need to metabolize things aright. I think Count St. Germaine or Casanova ascribed to such diets.), because unless the said nature-made product has been artificially tweaked one cannot necessarily put an exclusive patent on it.

Orthomolecular therapy is also highly overlooked. Though it's forerunner, Linus Pauling, was a little off by pushing heavy doses of fat-soluble vitamins [[like C) which can cause wear and damage on the liver over time. I highly encourage the use of separate [[but-I guess-a complex supplement is just as good as none at all) water-soluble B-vitamins [[though some, like Niacin, which is a strong staple for me, also have to be taken sparingly to avoid the same damage causing effects). Robert Crumb swore by them to counter the effects of psychedelic substance use [[especially long-term). B-12 is one of those necessary for vegetarians and anemics, as it is mostly found in meat products.

A lot of this gets suppressed [[there was a joke in the Lars von Trier series "The Kingdom"-which Stephen King appropriated for a watered-down American version-where a secret club of physicians dole out contritioned punishments to those who who prescribed naturopathic treatment). Part of this is putting responsibility on the patient's own well-being, and many doctors don't want to be held liable [[besides there are genuine conditions that do require drastic medical care; the principal from the Lutheran grade school I attended thought that naturalism was the only way to go to handle his wife's cancer, and she died quickly.). Mostly, doctors and health care workers don't like the very livelyhood they invested in with all that "Hoop-jumping" at medical school to be compromised by well-informed patients [[ooh, they hate well-informed patients-seriously!) who know the many options and do a better job by themselves.

Also, it's a matter of "Malthusianism" for the "greater good" by investing in a "necessary evil of thinning the herd [[mostly "undesireables"). Get people encouraged to eat only high-sodium, high-fat, high-sugar, M.S.G.-ladden, corn-infused [[which causes the very Niacin-deficient pellagra the Incas, Toltec, and Aztecs had versus the Mayan who mixed lime juice with their corn-just one example of three I know where poor diet contributed to genocide-Roman diets during Christian persecutions and Ergotism during the witch-trials being the others), then put them on a host of pills that treat the symptoms and not the causes and make them all out of whack with side effects. Hypoglycemia was a brief blurb of concern during the '70s, but the a-holes had their way and dismissed it's concerns with accusations of "quackery" and undefined doubts of it's "validity". Balch [[yes, Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing is still a good source to have on hand) brings up that the modern, industrialized American diet is responsible for two-thirds of folks being diabetic, hypoglycemic, or pre-hypoglycemic, and all with neglectful [[or mis-)diagnosis. It's a big scam to treat all the insane amount of symptoms brought on by hypoglycemic but never putting it in the hands of the patient to constantly maintain against the causes. I only hope I'm not being perceived as being "projective" about my own condition to others.

There is a large and disproportionate push towards "asking your doctor for this or that". Every other commercial is that. It's that huge of an "unquestioned and sacred science". That's why I respect the David Healys, the R.D. Laings, the Thomas Szaszs, and the Peter Breggins. Any time I ever gave prescription chemicals a chance [[and mind you, I get whoozey from just taking a small 200mg Ibuprofen-that's because my kidneys are so rocked I can't filter artificial crud)-be it Floxin antibiotics, Hydrocodone, cortisone inhalers, Prednisone, etc. [[Tamiflu being that last, as it caused severe suicidal tendencies I almost never acquire unless a chemical is involved-also, I hallucinated during inopportune times-like riding a bike in heavy traffic)-they always mess me up for a long while. I have to do all things naturopathically. Since, I tried a hypoglycemic diet, started deep-breathing [[thanks Paul Sorvino!) and removed so much crud in my life, I haven't had an asthma attack in over a decade [[and six years before that, but that was because I ate a popular yogurt that had crushed-up red insects in it), and I was a kid who would miss over three weeks of school every year during winter weather.

I highly encourage anyone to look into healthier options. Just know this, when one decides to go healthy and natural, the body adjusts initially in strange ways. Toxins get loosened that have remained dormant in the body, get around, and may cause the body to sicken for a period. This is only temporary [[the body also doesn't adjust all that quickly to deep-breathing-with a few attacks here or there-but one gets back into the proper way of breathing), but it's also why some folks will try a health move briefly and half-heartedly for about a week, get sick, and get huffy with a "see where it got me" attitude.

Also, that "Road to Welleville" movie didn't play up enough the fact that Kellogg was a Seventh-Day Adventist [[now there's some diet-imposing folks telling others what "foods/meats" they shouldn't eat, despite being received with thankfulness to God-yet, folks want to criticize the Catholics for the non-compulsive fish-Fridays aspect) and a passionate Eugenicist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast