Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Anyone just watch the 60 minutes interview with Rodriguez?

I havent seen the movie Searching for Sugarman yet but the interview gave a glimpse of all thats happened with this man. What a great story, and they filmed him playing at the old Miami a few weeks back. Was looking for myself in the crowd but no luck. I was lucky enough to meet him some years back at the Cass Cafe before he even knew he was so popular in South Africa. I wonder if he ever did get his royalty checks. I was very moved when he played the concert in Cape Town and 60 Mins referred to it as like Lazarus returning because they all thought he was dead down there. Hes as big as the Stones or the Beatles there.

I watched it. Very nice.

Saw the segment and it was very nice.

A lot of the 60 Minutes piece was pulled directly from the documentary itself - I'd highly recommend you see it. It's great.

I wish some Detroit music power broker or film maker had gotten a hold of this story earlier.

It's a truly amazing story that many locals MUST have know about before this film was released.

Is he due royalties or was it something with his contract to the record label?

This documentary was just released on DVD

It was also up for an Oscar for best documentary. I finally went and saw it. I thought it was excellent. I also believe you can stream it through Amazon.

It is a great story. I always wondered where I might be famous and dont know it