Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my little head around the 'illegal opiate lobby'.
    Of course the illegal opiate industry wouldn't overtly lobby politicians. But I think we all know that "distasteful" things are routinely done through intermediaries to avoid scandal.

This opioid problem has been festering for quite a while now. I recall a story where big pharma had synthesized a new opioid that was far stronger than even fentanyl. They went to the regulators to get it approved. All the experts told the regulators that there was no need, even in the most extreme cases, for anything stronger than what was already available. Despite that, the regulators approved the new synthetic. That smells like the flow of corrupt money to me. That's what originally piqued my interest in this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Of course the illegal opiate industry wouldn't overtly lobby politicians. But I think we all know that "distasteful" things are routinely done through intermediaries to avoid scandal.

This opioid problem has been festering for quite a while now. I recall a story where big pharma had synthesized a new opioid that was far stronger than even fentanyl. They went to the regulators to get it approved. All the experts told the regulators that there was no need, even in the most extreme cases, for anything stronger than what was already available. Despite that, the regulators approved the new synthetic. That smells like the flow of corrupt money to me. That's what originally piqued my interest in this subject.
    This then new drug wouldn't be OxyContin would it?

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    This then new drug wouldn't be OxyContin would it?
    I doubt it because I think OxyContin isn't that strong. It must be somewhere in this rather interesting Opioid Equivalency Table though.

It was a story on the radio. I don't have a link. I'd guess it was about three years ago.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-04-17 at 02:53 PM.

TIL - that the song Black Betty by Ram Jam [[80's) was an old chain gang song for blacks on the railroad, and is now covered by the School of Rock, by twelve year old rich wannabes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiCEVl_9-MM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMYcADQ6mu4

And of course - Ray1936 at work with the DPD. [[.42) Was that a Henderson or Indian four?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsQlI98Peok

leadbelly and others.

I hope there is room left in this world.

One hit wonder -Ram Jam? Shit, I was the guy that smoothed the lawn for them. [[ not easy, and not fun) , fake news, oh so, SAD.

Finally this - Thank you producer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fihrLaSiQc
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-07-17 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

The heroin industry would benefit from a crackdown on opioids. If the government makes it harder for people to get legal opioid prescriptions, the addicts will turn to illegal sources [[heroin) to get their fix. You don't buy heroin if you have oxy, you buy heroin when you can't get oxy.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    The heroin industry would benefit from a crackdown on opioids. If the government makes it harder for people to get legal opioid prescriptions, the addicts will turn to illegal sources [[heroin) to get their fix. You don't buy heroin if you have oxy, you buy heroin when you can't get oxy.
    And that angle you mentioned is what I find the most mind-blowing about this whole thing. We've got people who never experimented with weed, coke, or any illegal drugs in their youth, suddenly jumping to heroin use. And isn't it ironic that both heroin epidemics in my lifetime were directly or indirectly government sponsored. Now those same people, are using the opiate crisis as a battle-cry against the legal weed movement. No offense to anyone's opinions, but that's like comparing the damage from a firecracker to an atom bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    And that angle you mentioned is what I find the most mind-blowing about this whole thing. We've got people who never experimented with weed, coke, or any illegal drugs in their youth, suddenly jumping to heroin use. And isn't it ironic that both heroin epidemics in my lifetime were directly or indirectly government sponsored. Now those same people, are using the opiate crisis as a battle-cry against the legal weed movement. No offense to anyone's opinions, but that's like comparing the damage from a firecracker to an atom bomb.
    Legalized medical marijuana decreases hospitalization rates for opioid addiction and overdoses.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...-finds-n739301

Marijuana gives physicians a non-additive and safe alternative to prescribing opioids for chronic pain management.

Sadly, we can't have common sense drug policy in this country. We're chock full of hypocrites who will gleefully suck down a six-pack of Bud Light and fire up a cigar, but think marijuana is the Devil.

I have always loved the PBR story tellers. But I have never finished them as I had other things to do.
    Finish them for me. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-13-17 at 05:23 AM.

I have always wanted to leave a message in a bottle [[mid pacific navy).
    But this article brought back memories of a note, left in tree knot, and a man who contacted me years later.

http://www.freep.com/story/life/2017...ver/496515001/

Just came back from Krogers. some bitch shoved her shopping cart into a open parking place instead of the cart corral 15' away.

If it wasn't for those yoga pants, MMMMmmmmm, I'd give her a piece of my mind !!!!!!!

I'd like to reply to so many other forums I lurk on [[i.e. Michigan Radio and TV Buzzboard, Reddit etc.) but I'm sick of trying to find a witty screen name not already taken. Which leaves me with .0005% choice of names such as [[GO_BLUE_gso_12-k1773 ), < damn taken. So I guess those millions of readers will lose out on my sage advice, witticisms, and memories. Because I'm too lazy to go that extra keyboard mile. SAD. Very SAD.

Today at my Senior complex, I was talking about Denby, Cass Tech, etc. with an elder, when she told me she was Denby '52. For crying out loud is she spry. In '52 I wasn't even a wink.
    More power to elders. I guess I have a few more years left in me past 30.

I went to print a document for a cheap $3 Chinese watch on Ebay, and realized that the document was 7000 pages long! I've fallen for these online legal documents when I agreed to a 17 page legal popup on renters insurance comparison online. Since then [[two years) I've had many calls on everything from travel insurance to help I can't get up calls from Mort Crim.
    It's a sticky mess we wade through on the internut.

ccbatson > Was he a Marvel superhero or something? From the Forties' or Nineties or some thing? He just pops up every so often.

ccbatson > Was he a Marvel superhero or something? From the Forties' or Nineties or some thing? He just pops up every so often.

Not Wiki

ccbatson was a guy who railed against Canadian social medicine in the face of the grateful Canadians who received it.
    Not unlike now, thanks Rep. Congress. We're # 27 yeah !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Not Wiki

ccbatson was a guy who railed against Canadian social medicine in the face of the grateful Canadians who received it.
    Not unlike now, thanks Rep. Congress. We're # 27 yeah !!!!!
    Good point. By the way, what did Clinton and Obama do? Just wondering, since the USA has been 25th - 27th for quite some time now.

I forgot about that guy. One of our former right wing trolls. In the troll hall of fame with Karl and everyone else I forgot. As far as comics the secret identity of this guy was a Batson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Marvel_[[DC_Comics)

Thank god for YouTube, where I can bring up the best war movie EVER made. Zulu 1964. on demand. introducing Michael Cain.

Am watching another reporter doing his thing in 200+ mph winds.
    Does that ever get old ?

Good point. By the way, what did Clinton and Obama do?
    She at least tried to get a single payer health care system back in 08' like the rest of civilized countries. Shot down by Republicans.

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2008/march/...inton_on_s.php

We are still #27, whoops - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-heal...tional-survey/

U.S. health care system ranks lowest in international survey.

Thank God we have the geniuses now elected to work on it. Yeah - that's the ticket.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-26-17 at 10:37 AM.

She at least tried to get a single payer health care system back in 08' like the rest of civilized countries. Shot down by Republicans.

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2008/march/...inton_on_s.php

We are still #27, whoops - http://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-heal...tional-survey/

U.S. health care system ranks lowest in international survey.

Thank God we have the geniuses now elected to work on it. Yeah - that's the ticket.
    The last rocket scientist, [[who I voted for twice), didn't do so hot either. He had the shot and choked. One has to ask one's self, why?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-26-17 at 11:38 AM.

As of May 4th, 2017, as I am writing this, a version of the We’ll-Take-Away-Your-Healthcare-So-We-Can-Give-Rich-People-Tax-Cuts Act has passed the House, but it’s far from a done deal. The leaders aren’t blind to how ugly this looks and more moderate members of the GOP caucus are not in love with law they just voted on. The Senate version is likely to be much more moderate than the House one, and the more moderate it gets, the more votes it will lose from diehard conservative House members.

ttps://www.quora.com/Why-do-Republicans-oppose-Obamacare-so-strongly

How many times over the years have they tried to vote down Obamacare with nothing to back it up? They just want the playground win. We lose.
    Last edited by Bigb23; August-26-17 at 11:40 AM.

I'm trying to remember when I first heard
    Dr. Demento - Shaving Cream [[lyrics in description).

There's little doubt it was on the The Dr. Demento radio show itself. That was back when no one was allowed to say "those words" on the air. So they didn't. But they had fun with it anyway because fun can't be prohibited.

Last edited by Jimaz; August-26-17 at 08:24 PM.

Let's do a little link repair here:
    As of May 4th, 2017, as I am writing this, a version of the We’ll-Take-Away-Your-Healthcare-So-We-Can-Give-Rich-People-Tax-Cuts Act has passed the House, but it’s far from a done deal. The leaders aren’t blind to how ugly this looks and more moderate members of the GOP caucus are not in love with law they just voted on. The Senate version is likely to be much more moderate than the House one, and the more moderate it gets, the more votes it will lose from diehard conservative House members.
    Why do Republicans oppose Obamacare so strongly?

How many times over the years have they tried to vote down Obamacare with nothing to back it up? They just want the playground win. We lose.
    The irony is this: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act#Legislative_history
    An individual mandate coupled with subsidies for private insurance as a means for universal healthcare was considered the best way to win the support of the Senate because it had been included in prior bipartisan reform proposals. The concept goes back to at least 1989, when the conservative The Heritage Foundation proposed an individual mandate as an alternative to single-payer health care.
    They're bitching about their own proposal!
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-26-17 at 08:50 PM.

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast