Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

I had a friend die of a heart attack this past week.We live in a senior apartment complex. And it happend in a common area. As soon as I heard, I went to you tube for a refresher course in CPR.
    Then I remembered that there is a ryder in the lease to not render aid to a medical emergency. Just call 911.

So, no CPR classes, no automatic defibbrelator, anything to grant a man another dozen years.
    Lawyers have skirted another one. And a management company that skates yet again. For profit.

So long Glenn. You served our country, our country didn't serve you.
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-15-15 at 12:37 AM.

"What created the dark energy that created the boson that created matter that created people and adorable puppies?" If the Boson is nothing then it does not exist. If it is something then it was created.

Quote Originally Posted by MizMotown View Post
    "What created the dark energy that created the boson that created matter that created people and adorable puppies?" If the Boson is nothing then it does not exist. If it is something then it was created.
    then what created the thing that created the boson? [[btw, the higgs boson wasn't created by dark matter or dark energy, and it is merely what creates mass)

#1 unique American peculiarity: Americans don't give a damn about what others think of them.

I posted a comment on Home Depot.com about a desk lamp I received. They said a Android docking station. Buried in the product box and instructions was the fact that only three smart phones will dock, out of ten android phones in the community.
    I posted a fair comment that was denied by Home Depot.com and we all know what a stalwart, busted online cloud crap they are.
    Sorry- I have been through voice mail hell on this.

Do not trust the comments section !

I dreamt I was confronted by a scary psychotic. In that dream I didn't feel frightened. The psychotic said, ominously, "I'll visit you in your dreams!"

Road worker paved over
    Homicide charges will be filed against a road repairman's co-workers following his death at the work site.

Police in central India say road construction workers killed a man Monday when they accidentally paved him over.

The man, who had been drinking, fell into a crater.

A crew working after dark didn't notice him, covered him with gravel and an asphalt mixture.

The patch was smoothed with a large roller.

^^^^No more late night Lynch filmfests for you, young Jimaz!

To be honest, as a person who has been recording his dreams for the last 21 years [[less and less as the years went on-I grew less trustful of their origin-?!?) I've wondered about dreamscapes for quite a long time [[this also goes in line with "100 monkey" syndrome, collective conscious in a metaphysical sense, and the whole "where do I end and other people begin" yada yada yada-which becomes a big tangled mess of psychonautic conjecture often dipping into areas of solipsism-if not an engineered form of solipsism-keep in mind, there was an unprecedented build-up of "what is reality" films during the MDMA '90s-all of which, I-I-I really don't-burp-want to get into, Morty! I just d-don't want to get into it, Morty!). I've had dreams where I "projected" myself into a situation that transpired elsewhere that very night and was later described to me in vivid detail the next day by others. Feh-not that it's anything I can control. The question is whether "others" can jump onto and intrude into your dreamworld? Remember that Futurama where they broadcast commercials into your head while you sleep? Maybe what you got was a commercial for that new cereal called "Honey Bunches of Psychopaths"?

Also, interesting news oddity. Very Pre-Halloween Poe.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    ^^^^No more late night Lynch filmfests for you, young Jimaz!
    Ha! I think Freddy Krueger [[Nightmare on Elm Street?) might have had a scene or two about visiting people in dreams but I don't think that's how that dream got into my head. I'm not a big fan of those movies anyway.

In the dream I had a pleasant confidence that I was completely safe despite any scary intentions of the psychotic. I think instead the dream came from recent experiences visiting facilities housing folks with [[How can I phrase this delicately? — no, they were not necessarily Republicans) peculiar mental impairments. It is really fascinating visiting these places. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest comes to mind. They could sell tickets but that would degenerate into a freak show.

Yes, dreams are fascinating. I'd like to read a long thread on dream reports/analyses but I wouldn't be able to contribute much. Alas, I rarely remember dreams.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-23-15 at 10:22 PM.

Can the NSA spend half of their Black Ops budget on Chinese and Russian military/corporate hackers?
    Not to mention the theft of billions of dollars of private money every year.
    Come on America!
    You just spy on your own citizens?

FBI/CIA one will not cooperate with the other when it comes to terrorists due to political ties. Well known fact.

As I type this on my mother's computer, visiting the house, the rest of the family is watching Abbott & Costello meet the Invisible Man. There are so many theories of invisibility that have always stumped me: could an invisible person cloak a small object clutched tightly in their palm, or would one see through it? If the latter, then Carpenter's theory was true in that Chevy Chase film, then freshly ingested food would show through until fully assimilated into the digestive system. It would also explain how lame Wonder Woman looked flying about in a seated position.

Also, are there parts of the body that require photocell activity to interact with the visible body to function? I just recall images of the eye's lens displaying an image on the inner eye. Does that mean the invisible person is now blind, or would we see two very tiny inverted images [[where the eyes should be) reflecting the world in front of them just floating about?

Boy - no search function I can find, and my log in disappeared within a minute.
    That's my beef with social media. This is as far as I go.
    Beating up on the kid from Australia that punted for Michigan was the last straw. What a bunch of gutless whiners the likes I've never seen.
    You know the kid grew up with Rugby and Soccer, don't you? These whiners making death threats are just playground wannabes hiding behind a fake name.
    That's why I stay away from Social Media.
    That's why having you for a neighbor sickens me.

Also the best football game I've seen in years. Thank you !!!!!!

Can't we just all agree that the Kardashian clan are just aliens stranded on earth?
    You can't make this shit up.
    And a big thumbs down for the name that shall not be spoken. [[Kanye).
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-21-15 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Can't we just all agree that the Kardashisn clan are just aliens stranded on earth?
    You can't make this shit up.
    If they are, I sure wish they would go home.

The other day my brother said to me "I think it's so cool that you have your own personal server room."

[[That wasn't the plan, by the way.)

I don't know where to share this, so I will try here. I was getting my nails done this afternoon in a Southfield nail salon. Suddenly, cutting through the air, a lady at a nearby table on her cell phone said, "NO! I SAW the dead body on the ground." I could not help but look, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, and of course she saw me and dropped her voice, saying she would take it off speaker as she didn't want to scare people. Hmm, not scared exactly but Lordy! The things you hear over other people's phones.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    ... The things you hear over other people's phones.
    It's a fascinating phenomenon.

I often wonder what kind of episode Rod Serling would have written for Twilight Zone about these ubiquitous phone devices that have a power to suck people's attention away from discretion.

Years ago it was not illegal to intercept cordless phone conversations over the airwaves. Drug deals, embarrassing confessions, sexuality and adventurous alcoholism were all unwittingly laid out on the table for examination by anyone with a wideband radio.

Casual surveillance has revealed that there's a hell of a lot of otherwise clandestine, embarrassing activity occurring in utopian America.

None of us are as pristine as we would have others believe.

We are now in the middle of Christmas season. Let's let the "Mad men" have their say with New years day [[six months with parades), and Valentines day [[that will keep you on your toes).
    I'm done with the hoidays for good. Half the year is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It's a fascinating phenomenon.

I often wonder what kind of episode Rod Serling would have written for Twilight Zone about these ubiquitous phone devices that have a power to suck people's attention away from discretion.

Years ago it was not illegal to intercept cordless phone conversations over the airwaves. Drug deals, embarrassing confessions, sexuality and adventurous alcoholism were all unwittingly laid out on the table for examination by anyone with a wideband radio.

Casual surveillance has revealed that there's a hell of a lot of otherwise clandestine, embarrassing activity occurring in utopian America.

None of us are as pristine as we would have others believe.

Back in my handheld scanner days, I picked up the juiciest cell phone calls ever. I guess the best was the nudist wedding plans.
    Oh for the old days!

And also the proud father who's daughter was on Jerry Springer for whatever. Scanners suck now.
    Have one - all , Ham radio .

Hah! You'd hear enough at the nail or beauty salons before cell phones! Now it's way over the top!

I try to tune out but sometimes repelled by what people will yammer about on their cell phones: publicly, and at top volume!

Seemingly having NO SHAME in their GAME or respect for others! I've heard details about medical procedures you'd think would only be discussed in person, if at all. Folks going on about their lovers and what they 'do' when they do the 'dooo!'. Hah. Or how they are 'about' to commit bodily harm to an enemy, etc.

Just reflects the culture I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I don't know where to share this, so I will try here. I was getting my nails done this afternoon in a Southfield nail salon. Suddenly, cutting through the air, a lady at a nearby table on her cell phone said, "NO! I SAW the dead body on the ground." I could not help but look, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, and of course she saw me and dropped her voice, saying she would take it off speaker as she didn't want to scare people. Hmm, not scared exactly but Lordy! The things you hear over other people's phones.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-08-15 at 07:54 AM.

I'm now watching 'Monkey Thieves 'on Netflix because I lost my Cable remote [[Ghost and/or alcohol).
    They have monkeys, we have racoons. While I have never seen a racoon steal a purse from the person carrying it,
    I did see one unzip a tent, open a Coleman cooler, grab a sandwhich and butter and leave whithin one minute.
    Personally, I'd rather have the monkey.

Makes me wonder about the women who can push a shopping cart at 40 MPH while never missing a beat on a cellphone.
    My cellphone is for emergency only, not to be permently attached to another human.

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast