Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    OK Jimaz - how do I find the "Movies to watch thread" I can't seem to search and navigate this site as before. You're here, now, - I can feel the Interweb - force.
    I copied & pasted "Movies to watch" into the keyword[[s) field of the page at the Search Forums link at the bottom of this page [[under "DETROITYES NAVIGATION"), clicked "Search Now" and it came back with DetroitYES Home » Detroit Connections » Movies to watch.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-22-17 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks, Jimaz,

You get the Dyess patch for above and beyond foruming.

Attachment 33210

And the Cow Award for whatever.

Attachment 33211

Didn't work, so here -

On Netflix right now is agreat short TV series called GirlBoss.

This is one of the mostthoroghly entertaining things I've seen on there for quite some time.Funny, smart, [[she swears like a sailor) and loved thecharacters.Well worth the watch.

That said, there are toomany movies on there [[Netflix), that are foreign language films whereI'm reading the script [[subtitiles), instead of watching the damnmovie. And I do watch a lot of American movies with sub titles justto get past the whispering and mumbling and fast talk that pertainsto the plot. I'm probably missing a lot of good movies, but I tendto skip the subtitle only ones.

And Hollwood has gottenlazy with less plotlines and more gore and gunfire to fill an hourand twenty minutes. How many films were pitched that involved threecollege couples in a remote cabin getaway, that were killed one byone by a Psycho Farmer, Scarecrow, Alien, Werewolf, Hobos, andother teens, Etc. Etc. Etc. ?[[10,000 + on Netflix Now)

Thesepeople get RICH off of this drivel ? I guess you have to play to ademographic, Kids just out of the booger and fart joke phase.

Nuff'said.

No,

And ,I'm going to miss Gannon – A smart if unusual man. I live in asenior apartment complex where death comes almost once a month.
    So Ideal with it in my own way. Sorry for the delay.

Every word bunched up while I tried to fix it. Three times.

The best and worst of the Internut.

TIFO : That I need reading glasses to read large print books. It sucks to get old.

I hear ya, Bigb23.

Every morning I wake up to ever-slower technology. First, I turn on a computer but I don't have time to wait for that. So I hop on the walker and hobble into the next room to turn on another computer but I don't have time to wait for that. So I hobble over to turn on the coffee machine but I don't have time to wait for that. So I hobble back to the first computer to log in, but I don't have time ... yadda yadda yadda.

So it occurred to me that every morning there's this bizarre race between an old man on a walker and technology and technology always loses.

Younger folks might not remember the history of this. In the 60s you'd turn on a television and wait a few seconds for the tubes to warm up. Nobody cared. It was the nature of the beast. Then came solid state. Wow! Instant on! Progress! Next we started putting microprocessors in everything. At first that was fun. You could customize everything. But sometimes you had to customize things whether you wanted to or not. Then they started piling on bloatware on top of bloatware until computers took longer to start up than an old 60s TV.

I once tracked down a performance problem to Java. I discovered it was designed to enhance its own performance by preloading a bunch of software it might need later. All that preloading was slowing down everything else. You could turn it off but you had to dig way down into the advance settings to do so. Every time you updated Java it would turn it back on. It reminds me of the Volkswagen emissions scandal.

I don't blame people who want to go off the grid. The grid is chasing people away.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-23-17 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    At first that was fun. You could customize everything. But sometimes you had to customize things whether you wanted to or not. .
    Remember blinking clocks on VCRs? Everybody had one.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-23-17 at 10:04 AM.

^^^ Now I have a blinking clock on my stove... JOYFUL....

Or the time I realized the clock that was built into the freakin' toilet seat needed to be corrected for DST.

Scout's honor, I am not making that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Or the time I realized the clock that was built into the freakin' toilet seat needed to be corrected for DST.

Scout's honor, I am not making that up.

No shit?!?!

[[sorry...)

Younger folks might not remember the history of this. In the 60s you'd turn on a television and wait a few seconds for the tubes to warm up.
    I remember my uncles TV that had the cachunk, cachunk, remote over three channels.
    That was the premium stuff at the time. Now find your remote in the seat cushions.

And 400 + channels.
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-24-17 at 02:01 AM.

Every morning I wake up to ever-slower technology.Like extra chuchy wehatever, for those of us with less teeth. Smaller Print on coupons. [[ I have 10 magnifying glasses around the house)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Every morning I wake up to ever-slower technology.

Like extra chuchy wehatever, for those of us with less teeth. Smaller Print on coupons.

[[ I have 10 magnifying glasses around the house)
    Whats up with people nowadays.

I had cataract surgery and "corrected" my vision from nearsighted. Now I love my 4x lighted magnifying glass that I carry everywhere. I used to be able to thread a needle by sight, now, it's by guess and by golly. It's nice not to need glasses to drive, though.

Getting solar on my southern outpost, but can't go off the grid, it's against the law here. No storage batteries allowed, but they are letting me have a 2000 watt inverter, so I can run my fridge while the sun shines if the power goes out. We have been dreaming of this since 1980, and ALWAYS ran into the problem of not being able to have power if the grid was down. Why spend all that money for no particular benefit?

I hope Penske takes the ball and runs with it.

translate spanish to english

I hope Penske trips over one of his GM barriers and the ball gets lodged in his windpipe.

There used to be a quote that I associated with the pre-inaugural admin. for fun. Now several months later, it scares me.

Donald Trump ?

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...ums148142.html

Wow - it's been almost 8 years since I started this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Wow - it's been almost 8 years since I started this thread...
    Good job! Everybody likes a little freestyle.

Why do I not get a blue square on a blank white canvas as art, [[and the hoity toity that gush over it) and am amazed about the hyper - realism that you see on YouTube and Reddit? [[Think Norman Rockwell).

The latter takes a fine art skill and subject that I could never master. But if that square gets me $1.5 million so be it. I'm in.

Some artists are getting a free ride.
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-24-17 at 12:55 PM.

Satire from The Onion:
    Gianforte Wins Special Election

Republican candidate Greg Gianforte has won Montana’s special House election only 24 hours after allegedly assaulting [breaking the glasses of, and body-slamming] a reporter, [over his question regarding the controversial Republican health-care plan] an incident for which Gianforte has now apologized. What do you think?

• “I believe everyone deserves forgiveness once a couple minutes have passed.”
      Keith Winkelmann — Shale Supplier
    • “Just as long as he’s learned his lesson that he’ll never be held accountable for anything.”
      Lydia Cohen — Bovine Dentist
    • “I don’t condone violence, but in Gianforte’s defense, he didn’t know how to answer the question.”
      Benjamin Schedler — Mannequin Poser

I hope everyone knows the meaning of Memorial Day, when everyone gets the day off, to BBQ beef with their family, and reflect on those who have died in service to their country, as compared to Veterans day - when Gov't workers and 20 something bank employees [[tellers), who never came within 500' of a recruitment office, get a paid day off, while real veterans have to work at their crappy jobs. [[with burns) and bosses barking.

Just sayin' '
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-30-17 at 07:53 AM.

“I don’t condone violence, but in Gianforte’s defense, he didn’t know how to answer the question.”

Thank god for the "Onion", otherwise, we would take ourselves seriously.

Is it me, or did Anthony Michael Hall [[sweet sixteen, with braces) grow up to be the ugliest Football Coach / Drill sergeant in memory?

I could have beat him up at one time.
    Last edited by Bigb23; June-04-17 at 09:38 PM.

Preview description: this is an SNL parody video of a fictional Amazon Echo device designed for the elderly.

We all need to get used to this now. We're all going to end up here:

I don't know about that.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-05-17 at 10:15 PM.

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast