Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm trying to remember when I first heard
    Dr. Demento - Shaving Cream [[lyrics in description).

There's little doubt it was on the The Dr. Demento radio show itself. That was back when no one was allowed to say "those words" on the air. So they didn't. But they had fun with it anyway because fun can't be prohibited.

Probably long before Dr Demento borrowed it
    The original version of "Shaving Cream" was issued on Bell's Cocktail Party Songs record label in 1946, with Phil Winston on vocals under the pseudonym Paul Wynn, and as that name was also used by Bell himself, Winston's version has often been mistaken for Bell's, and has appeared on Benny Bell compilation albums more frequently than Bell's own version.
    After the song began to be played on the Dr. Demento radio show in the 1970s, Vanguard Records reissued the song in 1975, and it became a hit, peaking at #30 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Early copies of the 1975 Vanguard single credited Bell as the performer.[2] However, after controversy ensued, the same recording was re-released with revised labels crediting Paul Wynn as performer.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Probably long before Dr Demento borrowed it
    That's fun. Here's a version with different lyrics attributed to Benny Bell:

Benny Bell - Shaving Cream w/LYRICS

I love the way he hesitates after the initial "sh" sound.

Why People Are Freaking Out About The Heterosexual Ban In Michigan...

A temporary Mayor of Hell banned straights from Hell as a joke. It is pretty funny.

Did this video really get over a million views in one day?

Just want to thank Georgea Kovanis from the Freep for the constant reminders of why I'm single.

Just great more online 'trends' on what to be freaked out about! ----

I heard about this on WWJ this morning.

Squirrel attacks reported in Lake Vista [New Orleans].

That's creepy. At least they can still laugh about it.

My guess is the squirrels have started reading DetroitYES! and now they think people are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    My guess is the squirrels have started reading DetroitYES! and now they think people are nuts.
    Now thats funny!

Hong Kong: Man dies at haunted house attraction

Park officials say he had wandered into a restricted area, with local media reporting he was struck by a coffin.
    Killed by a coffin?!
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-20-17 at 07:01 PM.

I caught a mouse in a live trap, and not wanting to put it in the yard, I dropped it into an empty, clear, bird feeder with food and water, five feet from my bedroom window.

Within half an hour, a squirrel attacked the feeder, and caused the mouse to die of a heart attack.

PETA - was I humane ? THAT would be a great Discovery Channel episode. Rodent wars.

Scaramuccia [[literally "little skirmisher"), also known as Scaramouche or Scaramouch, is a stock clown character of the Italian commedia dell'arte. The role combined characteristics of the zanni [[servant) and the Capitano [[masked henchman).

Scaramouche - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaramouche
    Boy - Sean Spicer at the Emmy's playing a man playing a woman playing a man playing a spokesman. Now on TMZ "Tony the out" Scaramouch. The Whitehouse is a Circus hands down.

And we don't want a Circus at the helm of the world. Capiche ?
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-18-17 at 02:44 PM.

As a regular watcher of Russian dash cams on YouTube, I can't help but notice how far superior their highways are to anything we have in Michigan.
    Thanks asshole Russia.

Address for the new Ken Burns PBS 18 part series, live streaming, about the Vietnam War:
    http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/watch/

The first 1hr.25min. part has much to do with the history of Vietnam leading to US involvement and Ho Chi Mihn described as a nationalist seeking liberation from French rule.

As a regular watcher/listener
    of PBS, I wish I was a old money from the Grosse Points etc. to donate.
    But I put in 40 years of back breaking work and am now disabled.
    I understand your needs and wish to help. But please understand us.

Ghastly! Another reason to stay out of haunted houses! ---- Time for his family to lawyer-up.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-19-17 at 09:05 PM.

Shocking.....

“some might say: ‘Fragmentation of cities, religions, political systems, conflict in the form of wars, general violence, fratricide, etc., are the reality. Wholeness is only an ideal, toward which we should perhaps strive.’ But this is not what is being said here. Rather, what should be said is that wholeness is what is real, and that fragmentation is the response of this whole to man’s action, guided by illusory perception, which is shaped by fragmentary thought.”
    David Bohm [[American Physicist, Wholeness and the Implicate Order

Progress. I read a Scientific report recently of experiments that concluded that for the first time ever The Smart Phone has become THE most handled item in the world, beating the penis into second place.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Progress. I read a Scientific report recently of experiments that concluded that for the first time ever The Smart Phone has become THE most handled item in the world, beating the penis into second place.
    That is until they come out with a Smart Penis.

^^^ I thought you were gonna play nice HT........ now you must go to 'time out' for a while. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    That is until they come out with a Smart Penis.
    HaHaHa....Another Zinger!
    But my wife will tell you HT, there is no such thing.

I'm watching "Shameless" on Netflix right now. [[70 hrs. is always right now). As bad as Netflix can be with all of the foreign films they dump on us monthly, this is a gem.
    Will watch to the end.

Today I went to get the mail but couldn't. I couldn't get the key into the lock. On closer inspection there were new scratches near the keyhole and a broken off key inside! WTF!

I never get mail of any value and I don't make enemies. I doubt it was a neighbor mistaking my box for theirs because of the force required to break a key.

This lock was changed from the original — a routine security precaution. It would be interesting if we extracted the broken key and it matched the original. LOL! That would narrow down the field of culprits quite a bit.

I'll try to intercept the carrier Monday and see what she has to say about it.

Been locked out of my house, my car, my computer, my desk, and my office. However, being locked out of my washing machine is a first. Don't these safety experts know that some of these kids today could probably use a little spin and rinse ? [[I jest...just give me back my clothes !)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I'm watching "Shameless" on Netflix right now. [[70 hrs. is always right now). As bad as Netflix can be with all of the foreign films they dump on us monthly, this is a gem.
    Will watch to the end.
    I know. What's all them foreign films doin' there? And how about all that foreign food in our food courts? Hate that too.

Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 31 ... LastLast