Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Originally Posted by rb336
    Read my lips: they did NOT create programs to subsidize speculators. it was good ole GOP deregulation that created the speculative bubble
    Rb, read up on Larry Summers. In 1999, Summers was a proponent within the Clinton administration of the Gramm bill to deregulate the banking industry, and as such, bears responsibility for the current environment. President Obama has promoted Larry Summers to Director of the White House's National Economic Council....
    still nothing to contradict my comment in any way, shape or form

And didn't Jimmy Carter have something to do with Fannie and Freddie and the Housing and Community Development Act of 1977? You know, the programs that imploded under the deregulation and push to issue loans to unqualified loan applicants under Clinton and Bush. Don't shoot the messenger this time; its Democrat.
    Fannie/Freddie imploded for a number of reasons, and yes, the speculative market did cause it problems, but NOT because they were underwriting the speculators, but because speculation created an untennable market situation. There WAS NO PUSH for fannie and freddie to make loans to unqualified applicants. that is pure right-wing fiction
    Last edited by rb336; July-06-09 at 11:16 AM.

To further support rb336, neither side needed to push for loans to unqualified people because neither side opposed it. The Republicans loved that they could write bad loans, take the money, and then flip the risk to the stock market. The Democrats loved that every undeserving moron out there could get a home of their own. They all refer to the other side's participation because they can't refer to their opposition. Its what makes Barney Frank so despicable; he talks about how others effect things as though he has even less power than you or I.
    Last edited by mjs; July-06-09 at 10:01 AM.

Both parties are up to their necks in Fannie and Freddie. It was a bad idea from the beginning. I have twice before asked what has Fannie/Freddie ever provided that is worth more than the bailouts that Fannie/Freddie received. If so, what?

If anyone wants to find out more about Fannie and Freddie, a good selection of articles is here and includes links to Open Secrets and The Center for Public Integrity.
    http://solari.com/archive/freddie-fannie-penny-stocks/

A sample-

It turns out that David Hisey, the Chief Financial Officer of Fannie Mae appointed on August 27, 2008 after the government takeover, once worked at KPMG. And who were they? They were the auditors for HUD and FHA under Andrew Cuomo when the housing bubble got going and $59 billion plus went missing from the agency. [[See our Missing Money page for more.)
    So here is the latest tidbit in from a network member. Hisey was an audit partner and worked on the HUD/FHA audit account at KPMG during all the shenanigans. Remember, just because Fannie Mae is in conservatorship does not mean that more assets can not disappear.

Ah. Wisdom from Ms Fitts. I sometimes agree with her, but she always conveniently starts things after her stint with HUD under Bush the Elder [[yes, blame everyone, but I had nothing to do with it!)
    Last edited by rb336; July-06-09 at 04:06 PM.

Please note that I did not once mention her several appearances on the wonderfully whacky late-night freakshow, Coast to Coast

oops. oh well

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Please note that I did not once mention her several appearances on the wonderfully whacky late-night freakshow, Coast to Coast
    Hey, whats wrong with a show that welcomes everyone from supposed alien abduction victims to ghost chasers and opponents of the Bilderburg Agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Ah. Wisdom from Ms Fitts. I sometimes agree with her, but she always conveniently starts things after her stint with HUD under Bush the Elder [[yes, blame everyone, but I had nothing to do with it!)
    Wrong. Very wrong. She wrote extensively about the corruption she found within the Bush administration. You are shooting the wrong messenger unless her sin was to note the corruption under both Republicans and Democrats. Here is a list of people both democrat and repubican that she reemed in just one of her articles.
    http://www.dunwalke.com/resources/people.htm
    Try to fit this Fitts story to your statement.
    "Brady, Bush, Bechtel, and "the boys"

Here is a sample from that article linking Bush I with drug running operations. "Thanks to numerous journalists and members of the enforcement community, the documentation on Mena drug running and the related money laundering is quite serious and makes the case that the government was engaged or complicit in significant narcotics trafficking. This includes the various relationships to employees of the National Security Council, the Department of Justice and the CIA under Vice President Bush’s leadership"

Don't believe everything you read on Wonkette.
    Last edited by oladub; July-06-09 at 07:16 PM. Reason: wrotr>wrote

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Wrong. Very wrong. She wrote extensively about the corruption she found within the Bush administration. You are shooting the wrong messenger unless her sin was to note the corruption under both Republicans and Democrats. Here is a list of people both democrat and repubican that she reemed in just one of her articles.
    http://www.dunwalke.com/resources/people.htm
    Try to fit this Fitts story to your statement.
    "Brady, Bush, Bechtel, and "the boys"

Here is a sample from that article linking Bush I with drug running operations. "Thanks to numerous journalists and members of the enforcement community, the documentation on Mena drug running and the related money laundering is quite serious and makes the case that the government was engaged or complicit in significant narcotics trafficking. This includes the various relationships to employees of the National Security Council, the Department of Justice and the CIA under Vice President Bush’s leadership"

Don't believe everything you read on Wonkette.
    everything i have read from her previously seems to skirt her years in the Bush I admin. this looks more interesting. what the heck is wonkette?