Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Comcast [[aka "Xfinity") provides Norton Security Suite to their customers for free. That makes sense. It's a win/win for everybody all around. Part of that package is an anti-spam filter.

Lately I've discovered email from Xfinity itself [[legit, I checked) misfiled by Norton to my "Norton AntiSpam Folder" with no apparent way to correct the [[metamistake. ← © Jimaz, 2016)

This is a great illustration of how organizations [[or partnerships thereof) can become so obese that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Yea, regress!
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-22-16 at 09:13 PM.

'Xenophobia' is Dictionary.com's word of the year.

However, 'xenaphobia' [[the fear of Lucy Lawless) is not.

And to think I was a lowly Swaby.

For all of those that have son's or daughter's at bootcamp let me pass on what I found. Let me give you a little back ground first. When my son left home he had no motivation, he was lazy, slobby, no pride, no self worth. This is the boy that got off the bus March 18th at Parris Island. The man that I met on Thursday for parents day is AWESOME. There is no way I can describe to you all the difference. He looks different, he walks different, he talks different, he has such a sense of bearing and pride all I could do was look at him in awe. Oh yes, the training is hard, what he went through is unimaginable to any one that has not been there. They are definitely taught to be Warriors. Let me tell you the surprise of what else they are taught. My Marine son has better values, better morals, better manners than any one I know. It is so much more than Yes Sir, Yes Mam...so much more. He cares about how he looks, he cares about what he does, and its not a boastful, bad ass thing. He is a true gentleman. I saw patience, and a calmness in him that I have never seen. I could never express my gratitude enough to the Marine Corps for what they have given my son. I know this, I have an 11 year old Devil pup still at home. When the time comes for his turn if I had to I would take him kicking and screaming all the way. Although I'm sure that will not happen. The hero worship I see in my younger sons eyes for his Marine brother tells me I will have two Marines in the family, and I will be one very proud mother.
    "Cybil", Mother of a Marine writing to the myMarine Group

To my Marine brothers.

Today it was announced that there had been a power failure at DTE headquarters.

This reminded me of the Xfinity/Norton post above. I'm imagining someone at Comcast [[internally) screaming "We're a communications company, dammit! Why can't we simply communicate?"

Is "the cobbler's children have no shoes" a real phenomena? If so, what causes it?

While exploring YouTube, I ran across a video where a guy wired his Amazon Alexis digital
    Asst. to a talking Billy Bass wall mount.

Further looking found a full size, realistic 8 pt. Buck head and neck wall mount. Probably high end pricey, but the ears, mouth, head and neck all move when it talks / sings. Worthy of older Disneyland.

If I had the know how to hook an internet voice activated Digital Assistant up, I'd drop many bucks on it in a second.

https://youtu.be/PyS-Ox1AsEo

https://youtu.be/34i6Q-OjwXw

https://youtu.be/DyWYdTMCqEo
    Last edited by Bigb23; December-08-16 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    ... This is a great illustration of how organizations [[or partnerships thereof) can become so obese that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing....
    This video fits here:

That Time Coca-Cola Tried to Sell Bottled Tap Water in the UK and the Hilarity That Ensued

Brand blunder

Right now in the southwest sky the crescent moon looks like it's about to do a Pac-Man gobble job on a very bright Venus.

Moon, Venus and Mars after sunset

A new aphorism: "Shifting the load to the strong horse moves the load farther."

Submitted to aphorismsgalore.com
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-02-17 at 10:24 PM.

I was in downtown Rochester yesterday, and was assailed by blocked one way alleys. and parking meters from Blade Runner. If I sat there in a parking place downloading ALL of my personal data into an app with all contact info supplied to a Government Agency I would have a ticket under my wiper. My Knapps burger went WAY out the window.

I have been to Downtown Rottenchester for over a half Century. I now quit, unless on foot or bicycle. Which limits larger purchases.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-17-17 at 08:59 PM.

There's two things I can be online :

Option 1) A tap dancing Frog with a top hat and cane singing "The Michigan Rag"

Or Option 2) Brrruuupppp. Just a frog.

I choose option 2.

Attachment 32957

Check out the Warner Bros. cartoons on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh376GzsSKI [[As old as me).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkjs...n9x4QE&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk8g...=RD2FMs_n9x4QE
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-19-17 at 03:46 AM.

“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists." -Nikola Tesla

Holographic Universe
    https://phys.org/news/2017-01-reveal...-universe.html
    Last edited by MizMotown; March-20-17 at 08:57 AM.

Just watching this Ted Talk from many years ago from Mike Rowe, inspired me to many more Lectures from Ted Talk and X.
    I've had many Dirty Jobs in my lifetime, and would be proud to have this man by my side.
    Intelligent, determined, and happy to share humor in a crazy situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVdiHu1VCc&t=1027s

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Just watching this Ted Talk from many years ago from Mike Rowe, inspired me to many more Lectures from Ted Talk and X.
    I've had many Dirty Jobs in my lifetime, and would be proud to have this man by my side.
    Intelligent, determined, and happy to share humor in a crazy situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRVdiHu1VCc&t=1027s
    Thanks for skipping the bit about him having to bite off the lamb's testicles.

Thanks for skipping the bit about him having to bite off the lamb's testicles.
    I guess that's why they call it "Dirty Jobs". But who hasn't stepped into something crazy to just pay the rent? But even I have to draw the line. And have.

When was the last time we had a "Politician" speak so eloquently ? Never.

One "out of the pool/swamp" human, to be believed.

All I wanted for my new SUV was a bumper sticker to watch out for cross walks. [[Found plenty for I speed up for, and WWII cross walk style kills.) None for a simple statement.

You're Fair Game now, so watch out for over insured Land Rovers with drivers on Facebook live, pulling out of shopping areas.

The witch will get out of her Land Rover on the phone, and go OMG, that son of bitch used the sidewalk right in front of me !

So it works out to her Lawyer against you're Lawyer. In the meantime, you're dead.

Happy strolling. And stay safe from Pyshco online bitches.

The "Black Watch" is the Seal team Six of music. Case closed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2gDkcpYnMc

Who's in the Limo, Prince Harry and three strippers?
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-25-17 at 05:10 PM.

In case you were wondering, I had a good British friend who led a charge in Tunisia with a bagpipe in WWII, both the bagpipe and human were slammed by machine gun fire.

He was presented in the hospital with a brand new bagpipe with the proper tarter.

Bagpipes will never be the same to me again.
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-26-17 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I guess that's why they call it "Dirty Jobs". But who hasn't stepped into something crazy to just pay the rent? But even I have to draw the line. And have.
    Here's a recent video giving the backstory on Mike Rowe:
    The Untold Truth Of Dirty Jobs Host Mike Rowe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That reminds me of a lot of the Gary Larson "The Far Side" cartoons, some of which are thankfully stuck in my brain, [[with punchlines), forever.

Attachment 33185

Attachment 33184

Attachment 33183

Another favorite -

Handler and Lion with the tail in the closing door of a crowded Elevator is a classic. [[Don't worry, he's only dangerous when excited).

And the motorboat full of bears is another.

The man was [[is) a comic genius. Thank god we have Reddit commentators now.

I wish I could find a good website with all of the 'toons. [[Okay, Google Images).

http://mentalfloss.com/article/88286...about-far-side

Runner up's are Bloom County and Calvin and Hobbes. The best retire early and leave us with "Family Circle".
    Last edited by Bigb23; April-17-17 at 10:33 PM.

Though not cow related, this is my favorite Larson....

Name:  School For The Gifted.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  39.4 KB

I can't stop reading these Gary Larson cartoons. They're all too good to pick a favorite but this one actually made me LOL:

Note the other cow's bugeyes show an expression of revelation.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-18-17 at 01:30 PM.

When you go to a place like Arby's and they're crowded so they ask "Can I have a name for your order?" do you just say your name or do you have fun with it?

I like to say "Polly wanna cracker."

OK Jimaz - how do I find the "Movies to watch thread" I can't seem to search and navigate this site as before. You're here, now, - I can feel the Interweb - force.

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast