Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Looking for a site that has up to date photos of my old block in Detroit

I've tried Google Earth and vpike.com to look at the blocks my husband and I lived on. I'm sure they are old photos...the houses look lovely and well cared for. Anyone know of a site that would have more up to date pictures? I'm looking for photos of the block for 11851 Wayburn and 16088 Rossini in Detroit. I've been told both those blocks are horrific, but can't find any photos. Just have to see for myself and health won't let me return, and common sense won't let me either. Any help appreciated.

maps.google.com has street views of both houses which look to be intact and people living there. The house next door to the Rossini address looks to be boarded up and abandoned.

Google street view of where I live now I can easily date to the exact week because of something in the image.

Last I looked the shot was taken 5 yrs. ago next month.

Google maps images for Detroit are largely from August 2009, at least according to the photo date at the bottom of the picture and Google Earth seems to use the same photo sets.

MSN Bing has pictues from this year of both steets. Not as user friendly as Google but not bad.

They are slightly off on their addresses. The boarded up house is 16088..my husband's old home. I'm looking for current views of the whole block. I think what google and vpike show are at least 3-5 years old for this area. Thanks for looking!

The before Google updated the street view of Detroit their old image of my former neighborhood had a neighbor sitting on his stoop in his usual place. The only thing that made it unusual is that he died about a year before the image was online.

no site to point you to but I've recently been on both those blocks and they aren't "horrific" by Detroit standards....

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    no site to point you to but I've recently been on both those blocks and they aren't "horrific" by Detroit standards....
    Maybe you could go back and take pics for her.

maybe not [[gas ain't cheap)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    MSN Bing has pictues from this year of both steets. Not as user friendly as Google but not bad.
    The pictures here are from 2012.

Attachment 14430

Thanks for the photo. That is my house, even though the address at the top of the photo shows 11871 Wayburn. Will check out Bing and see what I can fine.