Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Duggan, Fieger, or whoever that has the proven credentials of running a successful enterprise & has the toughness to finally eliminate all the corruption.....is Martha Reeves running?

LOL

For me, it would either have to be Bing or Duggan. I don't like any of the others who have announced thus far. Pugh and Fieger are both jokes. Whatever his faults may be, at leastBing is taking on the enormous debt problem and has routed out some corruption. Duggan has a very impressive resume and great connections. For me, it would be one of them.

Detroit is ready for a white Mayor, Detroit is ready for Mike Duggan.

Duggan absolutely saved DMC from its failures.

1. He regained its trauma center.

2. Supports the building of the new heart hospital in 2014.

3. Improve the its 29 minute emergency response rooms.

Duggan can save Detroit from its financial and political failures and bring regional and ecomonic development into Downtown Detroit and improve its neighborhoods, police and fire depts and pulblic transit. Duggan can negotiate better with the city unions than any other politicians.

So Vote Mike Duggan for Mayor of Detroit 2013. A great white hope.

If America can put a black man in the white house. I'm sure Detroiters can put a white man in the black house.
    Last edited by Danny; July-02-12 at 09:15 AM.

I really wish his race didn't matter, but for better and for worse I guess it does. Some of the Watson followers will probably bleat about a "takeover" in Detroit, even though there are tens of thousands of non-black residents in the city. The suburbs will probably automatically look more favorably on Duggan and residents will want to work more closely with him mainly due to his skin and the fact that there are some white racists in the burbs who do not want to work with any black mayor of Detroit. Stupidity in both sides from a minority of people. Like I said either Bing or Duggan for me. Each will have challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by jpbollma View Post
    Some of the Watson followers will probably bleat about a "takeover" in Detroit,
    There were already comments about that in the comment section of this article on the News website.

Quote Originally Posted by jpbollma View Post
    at leastBing is taking on the enormous debt problem and has routed out some corruption.
    Seriously?