Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Baby Zyia Death on Brinker Street

I was going to post this on the Centerline Fireworks Shooting thread, but I did not want to highjack it.

There was a discussion going on there and “Rex” posted this link showing someone standing on the porch with what appears to be some type of long rifle in their hand:
    http://goo.gl/maps/LpEJ

Are you guys aware of the 17 month old baby girl that was found dead in a clothes closet in her Grandmother’s home in the 18800 block of Brinker?
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012063...ing-questioned

Last night on WXYZ they had a video of the inside and the outside of the home:
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...dmothers-house

So I compared the two - Google and WXYZ. Noticed some similarities; same cream colored brick, same tapered shape to the brick columns, same green, astro-turf glued to the porch, same wrought-iron security door, same gutter security camera and the same neighbor’s fence.

Wonder if this is the same home Zyia Turner died in?

Saw that first thing this morning when I opened the paper. It's clearly the same house. Inside the house is just as scary. She never had a chance. 25yo father has a couple other kids too. Why would you bring a child into such a life in the first place, where guns are being wielded on your front porch at passing cars and the house is unfit for human habitation? That is, of course, even with the presumption that the father is entirely innocent.
    Last edited by poobert; July-01-12 at 11:41 AM.

Good eye Packman41, it's the same house indeed. The Google picture certainly looks like someone is pointing a long gun at the photographer, I wouldn't be surprised if the father of little Zyia is pictured there as well.
    Unfortunately, the babies of these men and women don't stand a chance growing up in an enviornment like that. I'm sure that clothes didn't fall on the child and pin her down...she was put there by someone.

I wonder if the Police are aware of the picture from Google.
    Last edited by cla1945; July-01-12 at 12:19 PM.

Simply amazing attention to detail, you're very right.

WXYZ:
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 39666
Size:  58.4 KB

Google Street View Frame 1:
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 39567
Size:  53.8 KB

Google Street View Frame 2:
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 40152
Size:  36.1 KB

Google Street View Frame 3:
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 38552
Size:  27.7 KB

Google Street View Frame 4 [[gun actually pointed at Google vehicle):
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 61465
Size:  40.6 KB

House was a shithole inside. I wouldn't leave my kid there. No wonder they couldn't find her, they couldn't see through all the crap. No clothes hanging in the closet, they're all over the floor. Where are the sheets on the bed? Simply disgusting way to live. The poor baby never stood a chance.

That poor baby living and ultimately dieing in this dysfunctionalism. Tragic!

Umm, what IS Google paying for the camera folks to get these shots? Not enough no matter the amount! Talk about cross-hairs photo journalism!

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Google Street View Frame 4 [[gun actually pointed at Google vehicle):
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 61465
Size:  40.6 KB
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-01-12 at 01:56 PM.

20 people living there and bugs crawling all over the clothes. just awful.

Their pit bull probably had a better place to live than that. What a shame. How will this all end up? What is going to happen to these people and all the people who are living just like this? Why do they live like that? A person can be penniless and uneducated to a point, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that keeping a home clean, free from bugs and clutter isn't that hard. Anyone who walks over trash in their yard or inside the home is just plain lazy and doesn't care. What is it that they do care about? Would a job make things different in the home? Would better education help? How about parents taking responsibility for their kids? But....I forget, it's babies raising babies, or elderly grandparents raising their kids and their kids kids. People must WANT to improve themselves. I and everyone else can't do a damn thing about this type of problem without cooperation from those who are ultimately responsible, and they will not take responsibility. It's always someone elses' fault.

sad, and infuriating.. TV reports had approximately 20 [[!) people living in the home.. if so, that is madness.. family or not, people can't just leave their children with "anybody"..

That house isn't fit for vermin. I shouldn't have watched, turned my stomach to think some innocent little kid died in that filth......accident or not.

If it WAS an accident...why not own up to it? Instead, everyone...even the grandmother...says no one in the house had anything to do with it. Somehow I have difficulty believing it. A very sad, sad situation. This poor innocent child who didn't ask to be brought into this world losing her life..it hurts my heart.

Sounds like a bonifide flop-house and there are many. Made up of people and family members of all ages... After all from the many abandoned homes in the city not all of the inhabitants left, nor are they all homeless. Thus, large numbers of folks congregate in a home or flat... varying streams of income, hustles, lifestyle, disorder, chaos, and what we saw in those news reports. No time to clean up for the cameras...

I've worked with and mentored teens who lived in these settings. It was nearly impossible to function productively or even keep clothes washed as often the water is turned off - no heat in the winter... This is the kind of setting where people come and go all times of day and night. Couches and floors are were people/ children sleep, or shall I say take turns sleeping, etc. Not a place for a child. This is beyond sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    sad, and infuriating.. TV reports had approximately 20 [[!) people living in the home.. if so, that is madness.. family or not, people can't just leave their children with "anybody"..
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-01-12 at 05:56 PM.

I haven't read too much on this, but could the kid have just crawled in the closet and died from the heat without anyone missing her until it was too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Sounds like a bonifide flop-house and there are many. Made up of people and family members of all ages... After all from the many abandoned homes in the city not all of the inhabitants left, nor are they all homeless. Thus, large numbers of folks congregate in a home or flat... varying streams of income, hustles, lifestyle, disorder, chaos, and what we saw in those news reports. No time to clean up for the cameras...

I've worked with and mentored teens who lived in these settings. It was nearly impossible to function productively or even keep clothes washed as often the water is turned off - no heat in the winter... This is the kind of setting where people come and go all times of day and night. Couches and floors are were people/ children sleep, or shall I say take turns sleeping, etc. Not a place for a child. This is beyond sad...
    They had money to spend on security. It looks like it was a bit more than a flop house.

Attachment 14358Attachment 14359

I still wonder if the Police have been notified about these pictures from Google???

Sometimes the guns go along with the flip-and-the-flop of it all. This is edgy living; the cost of er' 'purchased' guns and barred doors is negligible in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    They had money to spend on security. It looks like it was a bit more than a flop house.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-01-12 at 06:45 PM.

The autopsy will answer many questions. It could have been heat, but still the child was lost in the confusion of that household to a. possibly not been properly hydrated and cared for and b. not noticed missing for some time...

And c. where was the amber alert in this case???

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I haven't read too much on this, but could the kid have just crawled in the closet and died from the heat without anyone missing her until it was too late?
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-01-12 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Sometimes the guns go along with the flip-and-the-flop of it all. This is edgy living; the cost of er' 'purchased' guns and barred doors is negligible in that context.
    That doesn't explain the motorized cameras at each end of the house.

Ok I was being perhaps oblique. Now I WILL BE DIRECT: DRUG Trafficking! That may explain the special 'um amenities and armaments... You know that alternate income that seems to emerge in some households?

Additionally, this home may have once been a decent dwelling, with homeowners or renters trying to protect their property and contents which evolved into what we now see. Those cameras may not even be operable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    That doesn't explain the motorized cameras at each end of the house.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-01-12 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    I still wonder if the Police have been notified about these pictures from Google???
    Notified of what? That a red-blooded American patriot exercised his Constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms?

Ruby Ridge! Hah! I thought about that when I read that. These are strange times indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    Notified of what? That a red-blooded American patriot exercised his Constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms?

Quote Originally Posted by antongast View Post
    I most certainly don't have the right to sit on my front porch and point the barrel of a rifle at cars that pass by. If I did that in Warren the police would be beating me with their billy clubs so quickly that you'd see them on the next frame of picture from the Google car.

However, it would be pointless to alert the Detroit Police of this. They don't care. They don't have the resources to care. I don't think it has too much relevance to the investigation.

Also, at the beginning of this I forgot to mention: I feel absolutely terrible about the loss of this innocent little girl. Whether it was done intentionally or unintentionally this was criminal. Someone should have to answer for this. May her little body rest in peace; she deserved so much more.

this all shows an overwhelming level of disfunction. 20 people in a 3 or 4 bedroom house cant keep track of a toddler? Middle of the city aiming guns at random cars. Up to no good is a huge understatement.

While this is certainly the same house and there are some funny things going on there how can we be sure that the group of people pictured here are part of the same group that lost the child? The Google pictures are from 2009. Those people could have up and left.

they are probably just neighborhood watch volunteers and didn't recognize the google car with the cameras........

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast