I see these flop houses around my neighborhood and can see why the cycle repeats itself over and over. If your parents sit on a porch all day that is what the children will accept as normal and will likely do the same. I feel bad for the babies and even a little sad for the parents, surely it is what they want to do and probably even enjoy it a bit. I mean going to work to eek out a living can be a bit tiring at times.
My dad is functionally illiterate and an alky but has worked all his life and I do the same after not graduating HS, for 13 years I've pulled on my 30 dollar Kmart boots at my menial factory job which provides me a decent living all I have to do is show up on time and do what I'm told and it goes pretty easy.
Basic soft skills and a decent attitude are all it takes to hold a halfway decent job IMO.
For me work is life and gives me purpose and provides means for us. I could not imagine being without my job

I could not understand most of what Zaia's father said but the part about the baby being wrapped in a fuckin white towel came through loud and clear. Poor child.