Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The Pure Michigan Statewide Singalong

I know this isn't a Detroit only thing... but this new YouTube video that is going viral as you read this, has many Detroit Landmarks like the Joe Louis Arena, Comerica Park, Fox Theater etc.
    It sure puts our Great State in a good light.

Here is an Article about it: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/about_us/as_...ichigan-cities

Don't forget to give the video a "Like" if you can!!!
    What are your thoughts on it?
    Last edited by I <3 DET; September-09-12 at 05:33 PM.

Not bad. Imagine what they could have done with more than seven days.

You can like it on TouTube.

I am sure there was a ton of pre-planning that went into this.

I'm surprised they went to Traverse City but not to Sleeping Bear!
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; September-09-12 at 08:37 PM.

It's a thrill to get in tune with Michigan
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012090...-with-Michigan

Very nice.

Never knew St. Clair Shores was so close to the RenCen.

Yeah, quite the parade of pale faces. If someone gives up before 2:45, they would see exactly one person of African descent, and as far as I could tell two of Asiatic roots.

Don't mean to be a buzzkill...but damn. It's always a good time...if you're white or play in the NFL.

Most diversified group is either that Westland Humane Society's office or the DIA...and kudos to them for including the Mosaic kids.

They need more than a week...LOL...

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; September-10-12 at 08:17 AM.

How soon until this gets spoofed by that one genius?!

Great job ! Well done !

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Yeah, quite the parade of pale faces. If someone gives up before 2:45, they would see exactly one person of African descent, and as far as I could tell two of Asiatic roots.

Don't mean to be a buzzkill...but damn. It's always a good time...if you're white or play in the NFL.

Most diversified group is either that Westland Humane Society's office or the DIA...and kudos to them for including the Mosaic kids.

They need more than a week...LOL...

Cheers
    I totally agree....I kept saying where are the people of color...any color. Ok there may not be any in some of those places but surely there are some in Jackson, Flint, Grand Rapids and Detroit...I guess they didn't make the cut.

Or better yet, were TOO WISE to play into a game that would make Governor Snydley look even remotely good.

Wait a minute...isn't white a color?! Or are you considering it in the 'additive color' sense, devoid of it?! LOL...just teasing. You know we're on the same page here...

Wait a minute...isn't white a color?! Or are you considering it in the 'additive color' sense, devoid of it?! LOL...just teasing. You know we're on the same page here...
    Yes white is a color. But it's not the only color. Although one may get that impression looking at this video.

until 2:45

until 2:45
    My bad....I guess I blinked.

I was helping you beat that observation to death.

It was just after that point where the Lions came in, and then a few other more diversified scenes...although the Flint one was WAY too light.

But I'm sure they will lose most viewers of color well before then.

And the damn song is an ear-worm.
    Last edited by Gannon; September-10-12 at 01:21 PM.

Still LOL @ "Governor Snydley."

The exclusion of the African-American is the new trend...again. I've noticed this is other media formats across several cities and states over the past couple of years. Even in traditionally known minority cities such as Detroit, New York and Chicago.

I think the "new" way of advertising that an area is "safe" is to have an all white media presence.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    The exclusion of the African-American is the new trend...again. I've noticed this is other media formats across several cities and states over the past couple of years. Even in traditionally known minority cities such as Detroit, New York and Chicago.

I think the "new" way of advertising that an area is "safe" is to have an all white media presence.
    New trend? More like "what else is new?"

Take a look at an episode of Friends or Sex and the City. Both are TV shows set in one of the most racially diverse cities in the world, and you're hard pressed to find a non-white face on either.

The song could be better, IMO, but cute idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jolla View Post
    The song could be better, IMO, but cute idea.
    The idea was excellent, but in my opinion the execution of it was not. I thought this was going to be a lipdub. Instead it was a bunch of my fellow Michiganders singing an awful pop song. I read before watching, somewhere else, that it's going to make you get goosebumps and be proud to be from Michigan. I received no goosebumps and it made me no less or more proud to be from this great state than if I had not watched it. And the "St. Clair Shores" thing really got to me, I'm a stickler for geographical correctness. Oh, and the first 'person of color' is at 1:09. I really want to like, I'm usually not a critic, but I do have reservations about this though.

Damn, ya gonna make me watch it AGAIN?! heh...

Some shots were obviously open to all comers. The one in Muskegon for example was shot downtown, where blacks are the majority. Kudos to them for not showing up for the production of this annoying little ditty.

I thought this was going to be a lipdub. Instead it was a bunch of my fellow Michiganders singing an awful pop song.
    They are calling it a "singalong" so I don't know why you thought that. Yes, not a great song or great singing but the scenery was nice and the people seemed to be having fun. Serves the purpose of a tourism ad.

Oh, and the first 'person of color' is at 1:09.
    There is one earlier, in the Marquette segment.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast