Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    What's even more amazing is that you're amazed!
    Everything from parking onwards is more expensive on game days. It's called "what the market will bear"...

I, like you choose to stay away on those days, unless I happen to go to a game... which is rare. Then I usually take the People Mover from cheaper parking locations, and don't splurge that much on expensive items... now you know a reason that tailgater's do what they do...
    Now this makes sense. You're being a smart consumer. You understand how the game is played. The "what the market will bear" makes complete sense. Remember when people used to offer up their lots in old Corktown on Tiger game days? The closer you were to the ballpark [[hence convenience) you paid more. You want to get in and out of a space quicker there [[hence convenience again), you paid a few bucks more again.

Don't like it, don't go. It's really that simple. But if you put your mind to it and figure out a few things [[People Mover, alternate parking, eating before hand, etc.)- one can still have a damn good time at the ball park. Being naive and then shocked afterwards is just plain ignorance or laziness.

You can actually bring in your own food to Comerica Park. I usually bring a small bag of peanuts but have witnessed people bringing in pizza, subs, bucket of chicken, etc. Oddly, you can also bring in unopened water bottles but any other beverage is verboten. I generally will bring in a bottle of frozen water and let it thaw out during the game, very refreshing! I've been to quite a few minor league parks as well and the rules seem to be opposite: no outside food.

How anyone can stand Illitch's $5 Hot-N-Nasty pizza is beyond me.

For some reason I agree that LC's pizza is better at the Joe. As for $5 buck Hot and Ready Pizza. Stop at the Little Ceasars on Central if your headed in from the West Side.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post

No one forces you to buy their pizzas whether they're 50¢, $5 or $50. Just walk away if you think you're getting ripped off. No one says you have to buy all of the hats for $20 a pop either so this logic also applies to all of the ball park amenities. The prices are based upon their convenience- and you don't have to partake of this "convenience". If you truly feel as though you were ripped off, don't go back or simpler yet don't buy anything you feel as though is too overly priced. It's really that simple of a solution.
    When did I say you couldn't just walk away? You're making an argument about something I never said. I was bringing up the fact that they advertise for a $5 pizza but don't sell one. I never said anything about being forced to buy anything they offer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2