Quote Originally Posted by scottn55 View Post
It seems like checking meters until 10:00, although there may be a temporary uptick in ticket revenues, would ultimately have an adverse effect on the downtown area's businesses. I understand the City's precarious financial situation but in an era when many cities [[small cities admittedly) are eliminating parking meters altogether in an effort to make their downtowns more attractive to shoppers it seems counterproductive to extend enforcement hours.
Right, I was parked over by the Magic Stick, one of two cars on the block, ridic... I'm thinking the guys that run the lot behind the place are in on it, they always seemed like a miserable bunch...

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
surprised people still park in areas without secure parking anyways. whens the meter maid's car gonna get the radio stolen out of it??
The only time I *ever* had a problem was when I had some [[empty) boxes for nice cookware in my car, and one random act of vandilism... Urban living 101: don't leave stuff visible in your car, especially if its a chrysler.