Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

But she can use those towels that you got from the Holiday Inn any time she wants. So there!

Can you somehow use those brick apps after the fact?

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    But she can use those towels that you got from the Holiday Inn any time she wants. So there!

Can you somehow use those brick apps after the fact?
    No they have to be already installed on the device since app installation requires password entry on the actual device. Can't be done remotely through an account setting, despite all the cloud features. Though it's probably just a matter of time where you can.

No towels, but shampoo....I'm afraid so.

I have a double alarm on an older yet mint car some would love to have. I try not to leave anything in view. Broken windows are expensive and these thieves 'self-justify' that if it viewable it fair game and 'sucker' you for letting them see it.

And no, the police aren't getting involved... in the current environment this kind of thing is not a priority with the daily homicides, etc. I'd be good if Ipod made inoperable [[bricked) so the thieves get no use of it, or 'resell' on Craigs or Ebay.

One-on-one confrontations are extremely dangerous and the police may be arrive late OR NOT AT ALL to the scene of a 'secondary' crime upon your person related to the first crime of theft.

911 may not consider this an emergency call!

I completely agree with not leaving things in cars. I have a Viper alarm with motion sensor for the interior & live in a gated community. Still, last night I removed the recycle bins full of stuff to take to Recycle Here [[thanks to a power outage they were closed.) Why leave anything in the vehicle that could potentially tempt someone? There's an old saying: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Still, it would be nice to find a way to get the iPad back from some thieving bastards. Like ringing their bell with the phone to your ear & on the phone with 911... "Hi, I'm on the phone with the police right now. I want to help you out here. My iPad was stolen and the tracking software shows that it is here in this house. I don't want to get anybody in trouble, so did you recently find a bag with an iPad in it?"

I hate people... I hear Kindle is able to brick the unit remotely... I guess Apple hasn't done that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Too many people 'make up' stories like that and most police consider this kind of call a 'nuisance': messy, he-said, she-said, domestic call. They'll come all right, if ever, and arrest the folks with the bat for trespass or harassment... or worse the residents might be armed with something more formidable than formed wood.

This is a lost cause due to so many reasons as mentioned IMO. Remote erase the Ipad and never leave things in view in cars.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-22-12 at 06:35 AM.

Where is Charles Bronson when you need him.....RIP Charles....and for those of you who are too young to know who that is Google his name or Death Wish.......

Yes leaving things in plain sight in any location is to invite theives. Hit the delete button and call it a day.

Hah! Mr. Paul Kersey, yes he remains the archetype for how such things go down! That series of flicks [[Death Wish 1, 2, 3 etc) are a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Where is Charles Bronson when you need him.....RIP Charles....and for those of you who are too young to know who that is Google his name or Death Wish.......

Yes leaving things in plain sight in any location is to invite theives. Hit the delete button and call it a day.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-22-12 at 11:21 AM.

Another idea... [[I'm good for lots of bad ideas in this area!) "Sell" it on Craigslist! You have the address, right? "Ipad. Great condition. Must sell. $50." list the address & know there may be people going there about the ipad. "why have 20 people come here about an ipad? How do they know i got one?"

Ouch! That's naughty and just another reason to NOT buy anything off Craigs. Make sure your own address or other pertenent is not on the Ipad somewhere, somehow, before pursuing such a course. Better still just move on...

Another idea... [[I'm good for lots of bad ideas in this area!) "Sell" it on Craigslist! You have the address, right? "Ipad. Great condition. Must sell. $50." list the address & know there may be people going there about the ipad. "why have 20 people come here about an ipad? How do they know i got one?"
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-22-12 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Hah! Mr. Paul Kersey, yes he remains the archetype for how such things go down! That series of flicks [[Death Wish 1, 2, 3 etc) are a trip.
    Jimmy Page did the soundtracks for 2 and 3. I know I'm going off course here, but I had to let you know!

Stromberg2

my buddy wants to know what kind of car they busted into ?

edit: took me a while to find this gem:
    http://comedians.jokes.com/louis-ram...ves-of-detroit
    Last edited by compn; June-22-12 at 03:08 PM.

My son left his I-pad at the day care center where he picked up his son last week. He had another mac on which he could keep track of his I-pad's location. Every couple of hours, he would take a screen shot of where it was located. If it left the day care center at night, that would have linked it to the janitor or whomever else was there between midnight and 6:30. All was well though.

I logged in just to respond to this. I live in the adjacent neighborhood. Please give me a call or PM, I may be able to help.

As well, first thing check "Vernor Exchange" pawn shop, a few blocks west on Vernor. It is where 90% of the things stolen in our neighborhood end up.

John
    313-473-9473

So did he get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    My son left his I-pad at the day care center where he picked up his son last week. He had another mac on which he could keep track of his I-pad's location. Every couple of hours, he would take a screen shot of where it was located. If it left the day care center at night, that would have linked it to the janitor or whomever else was there between midnight and 6:30. All was well though.

Did not know that. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Jimmy Page did the soundtracks for 2 and 3. I know I'm going off course here, but I had to let you know!

Stromberg2

Let's hope the thief would not meet those innocent but foolish folks with a gun.

BTW, I have another story that may provide warnings against leaving things unattended As I mentioned in another thread, I had a bike stolen and recovered via cameras. Well there was another time when someone tried to steal my bike by locking it to theirs.

Innocent mistake? Absolutely not! The secured bike was basically unrideable. Thieves take stolen bikes and then lock them around the signpost and to your bicycle. You try to call the police, but they can't always come quickly. And they need to resolve who owns the other bicycle. That's nearly impossible considering the connected bike is probably stolen to begin. By that time, you've gone home and return to find both bikes gone.

I called the cops, but they said it wouldn't be until later in the day. I couldn't wait that long. If I abandon a bike, it gives thieves time to work off the lock. And if anyone gets suspicious, they could just unlock the junker.

I quickly ran home and grabbed my proof of purchase of the bicycle. My landlord lent me something similar to this helpful device:
    http://www.toolup.com/husqvarna_k760...FeEDQAodKymwzA

I returned to the location and fired that gas saw up sending showers of sparks onto Michigan Ave as it cut into the chain Man were the tourists impressed. A few came up and asked [[well yelled over the loud gas saw) what I was doing and were absolutely impressed and happy I was getting my commandeered property back. Moments later, this kid runs around the corner in a panic and grabs his junker bike and runs...yes runs off with it. What a punk.

Chrysler product? No the whole car would have been gone... Ipad and all....

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    my buddy wants to know what kind of car they busted into ?

edit: took me a while to find this gem:
    http://comedians.jokes.com/louis-ram...ves-of-detroit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2