Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
I don't care if you think I'm prejudicial.

I believe that there is a strong correlation between inner-suburban decline and inmigration by ghetto folks from Detroit. If you think this isn't the case, then be my guest.

Can you think of an inner suburb receiving poor Detroiters from the slums and not declining? Are you suggesting that's it's simply correlation and not [[at least partial) causation?
I'm inclined agree with Bham. In an attempt to not judge the innocent as guilty, we're also failing to point the blame where it belongs.

I've been a Detroiter for almost all my life. The problems facing these inner ring suburbs are the same problems that we've faced, too. They are not coming from poor municipal management. They are not coming from poor decision-making in Lansing. [[Though, admittedly, decision making in Lansing has not exactly helped our cause, either.)

It comes from an element in our society that is more destructive than constructive. Many of them are young, black, males. Some of them aren't. Almost all of them are poor. Few aren't.

Now it's silly to blame Detroit for this problem, just as it's silly to blame Qatar for something an Egyptian national did while in Syria. But it's also silly for everyone -- including Detroiters -- to say, "Well, it's not my fault."

Let's be real. Most of these problems are coming out of Detroit. Let's also say that most of these problems aren't the "fault" of "Detroiters". And lastly, let's quit pointing finger about whose fault it is and start working on how we can put a dent in this problem going forward.