Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Patty View Post
    My reservations about visiting Detroit came from former DETROITERS now living in Ohio
    Yeah, if you go up to Oscoda County, you'll find a lot of people for whom Hall Road wasn't far enough. Just got back from there and met a few old-timers from the city, and some of them dropped so many N-bombs I was kind of stunned. I would caution you to take such people's warnings with a grain of salt. A lot of the people who hate Detroit the most haven't spent very much time there in recent years and wouldn't know what to see anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Patty View Post
    Thankfully, in the midst of my ignorance and other's defensiveness ...
    My dear woman, if I dropped into your home asking for directions and started talking about how I'd never buy such ugly furniture, you might be a little "defensive" too. I'm not going to call you names, but I will say you stepped in it. Stop wiping it off on my shoe and telling me it's Shinola...

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    For petes sakes stop bashing the poor lady. You are not convincing her that Detroit is not an angry hostile place by your attitudes.
    So what?..

Quote Originally Posted by nain rouge View Post
    Yeah, I'd recommend a stop in Detroit for part of a day - check out the DIA, the main branch of the Detroit Public Library, and the Detroit Historical Museum while you're on your way up I-75. All are within walking distance from one another. You could even go to the MoCAD if you're feeling adventurous, or maybe bowl at The Majestic [[although maybe not since you have a small child). Then get some dinner and head back on the freeway. In the process, you and your daughter will gain some valuable perspectives on Detroit. And don't worry, you'll be safe in that area along Woodward - no one will mug you or whatever else you're afraid of.
    FYI...the Detroit Historical Museum is currently closed until November for a 5-month renovation & refresh of the exhibits and parts of the building. If you are going to be downtown, I suggest a visit to Belle Isle to see the Conservatory and the Dossin Great Lakes Museum...both free admission and plenty of free parking. Also the Nature Center. And, of course, the beautiful views of the Detroit River and the city skyline!!!

Dossin: http://www.detroithistorical.org/main/dossin/index.aspx

Belle Isle Conservancy: http://www.belleisleconservancy.org/

Patty: Enjoy your visit to the D and the Mitten, whatever you decide to do!!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Chrissie Hynde is by far the best thing ever to come out of Ohio!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Chrissie Hynde is by far the best thing ever to come out of Ohio!
    Here's my vote for Best Thing to Come from Ohio:

Clark Gable..."a lucky slob from Ohio"

I'd also reccommend the thumb area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWnpD...eature=related

The round sides make for ergonomic handling. Just too darn high in the middle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3