Oh yes, I always go. I was a course worker for several years when they ran Formula 1 here.

I may have philosophical objections to using Belle Isle to hold the race, and to the aesthetic damage done to the park for a once-a-year [[if we're lucky) event, but having a major auto race that I can actually walk to from my home is also wonderful on several levels. Saturday promises to be a great day, with 3 races on tap including my favorite, the highly-competitive multi-class Rolex sports cars. Then the big Indy event on Sunday, which is a blast, and breathtakingly fast. My only real problem is the tightness of the circuit, which can make passing extremely difficult, and can create a lot of yellow flags for rather small incidents.

After sitting in the grandstands for a couple of years, I have gone with general admission tickets, so I can walk around and occasionally perch in the 'free' grandstands they put up on the back side of the circuit. This is particularly good on Saturday when it's a little less crowded. I have, however, also sprung for a paddock pass a couple of times so I can get in to see the cars and mechanics close up.