Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Does anyone have pictures of the area before and now?

Is there a reason this spot was selected instead of any of the other vacant land around town, or maybe even the State Fair site?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

Is there a reason this spot was selected instead of any of the other vacant land around town, or maybe even the State Fair site?
    You can see the before in streeview. The plantings are in the grassy areas in both sides of Ponchartrain. PFPP has photos of the trees being put in on it's facebook page

http://goo.gl/maps/UeNQ

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peopl...3112688&type=3
    Last edited by MSUguy; May-31-12 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUguy View Post
    on it's facebook page
    I don't do gossip sites.

Maybe something on a legitimate website?

I don't do gossip sites.

You are kidding, right?

How does a PICTURE equated to GOSSIP??

I checked out the images... didn't see any gossip... I suppose you don't accept blogger sites either... no more reliable than facebook or Wiki...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    You are kidding, right?
    Nope.

Fakebook = Gossip.

Not interested. I have the entire URL blocked in my firewall so I can't be led there by mistake.

I don't do gossip sites.

Something more like an open forum?

This was my first thought. Why would they choose to plant these trees across from the wealthiest streets in the city, without even consulting the homeowners on those streets?

IMO, the homeowners have a point, even if the volunteers are probably doing a positive thing. It isn't unreasonable to ask the neighbors if you're making dramatic changes to their "back yards".

And I think the proposed subtexts "it must be they don't like whites, or don't want to see agriculture" are weird. Why would you assume such things? Maybe they just want to be consulted before such dramatic changes.