Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's sad that 70% ,of this generation in Detroit ,is so hopeless the only thing they know is stealing and a life of crime.
    I read a study somewhere that said something like 70% of young[[18-34) Detroiters are unemployed with kids and most haven't finished high school. It's sad but what do what's to be expected when most have very little hope AND no vision for their future for ANYTHING ! And what type of life are their babies going to have ?
    HOWEVER this doesn't make it right. Instead of being motivated to find some type of work ,they take the criminal route and easy way out.
    What are they going to do with a pair of $1500 glasses ? sell them ? for how much ? who's going to buy them ? , who could afford them where these guys hangout ? I'm thinking they aren't hanging out at a golf course , or on the ski sloops ?
    This is the problem with society these days , I have no problem with people having nice things , but it seems people today like showing off and it's attracting the wrong attention.
    I did a quick check on google and most of the glasses on their site are pretty ostentation, but to each their own, same with that watch and car Marvin W was wearing and driving , BUT to each their own and folks have the right to buy WHATEVER they want , but like I said earlier , the same people that wear that KNOW what the crooks are looking for . Know what you are wearing and where you are wearing it .
    This could happen anywhere , but you have to be vigilant,it's not like we live in the south of France .

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    It's sad that 70% ,of this generation in Detroit ,is so hopeless the only thing they know is stealing and a life of crime.
    I read a study somewhere that said something like 70% of young[[18-34) Detroiters are unemployed with kids and most haven't finished high school. It's sad but what do what's to be expected when most have very little hope AND no vision for their future for ANYTHING ! And what type of life are their babies going to have ?
    Detoilet is swirling and the handle is stuck. Everyone will get swallowed unless something drastic is done, like shutting off the water.

On a more direct note, criminals are becoming increasingly brazen, violent and younger. While some cry out for gun control, others cry out for more gun toting laws. Where some try to reinvest and build from within, others see the situation remedied by more prisons and harsher punishment. It's clear that public opinion is highly divided. Not to mention it is misled by special interests with ulterior motives.

I think we can all agree that the attitudes of this violent movement will not be curbed overnight. It will takes as long, or much longer to re-instill ethical behavior and a willingness to contribute into society. While I agree that a lot of options/opportunities are removed from the Detroit area, it is still far better than other 3rd world nations. School is available. Jobs, as shitty as they may be, are still offered to those who have a care to establish some sort of grounded way of life. College scholarships are still around for those who over achieve and apply themselves no matter where you live. Whether it be behind somerset, or at Linwood and Davison.

It easy for me to continually focus back on the parent[[s). We've now moved into a time where it is more than one generation that has been not fulfilling their obligations after bringing children into the world. Whether they were planned or not, our society has gotten lazy. We procrastinate our problems. We try to throw money at issues instead of taking the time and effort to unwind our knots. And finally, we resort to violence to fulfill our desires. Mainly because Detroit has proven that you will most likely get away with the smaller stuff, and have a fighting chance to get away with the big stuff. And even when you're caught, you still have a solid chance of facing only a small % of your true punishment.

It's sad how far we've dug ourselves. And I'll reiterate this last point. It will take us equally as long to dig out. I'll let you decide which way we are still headed.

This only goes to prove my theory that running from problems does not solve them. When you say "I'm moving to [[insert name of suburb) to get away from Detroit," the problem may follow you to wherever you go. In fact, long-term it only makes matters worse, as the problem isn't corrected, but allowed to fester.

A boy beats his family with a bat. Two men set pregnant woman on fire -- shoot her. A freak eats the face of a homeless man on the freeway. A grandmother shoots her grandson. Nice world we live in!!!

What? Things are as they've always been - stuff's always happened... we're just hearing about it more ---- !

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    A boy beats his family with a bat. Two men set pregnant woman on fire -- shoot her. A freak eats the face of a homeless man on the freeway. A grandmother shoots her grandson. Nice world we live in!!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-30-12 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I guess it's time to abandon Troy and Somerset Collections now. It's too unsafe there now with Detroiters moving in.

Great Lakes Crossings will be the new Somerset.
    LOL! A kid got shot there last year [[Great Lakes Crossing).

Its been a long time since I last posted on this forum....mainly because i have been on Facebook, posting art stuff. But this last turn of events, well, I go to Somerset every week. Sometimes to buy something, sometimes to ogle the latest Apple products that I cant afford right now, sometimes [like last weekend] just to get cool because I have no air at home. I am so sick and tired of having my places taken away from me. I am sick and tired of looking around me. I am fearful of those times when my daughter or my niece goes shopping or just riding their bikes. This whole statement may seem somewhat benign, maybe because i am just tired.

Good to have you back Leoqueen...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2