Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Two full baths in an apartment. Incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by gthomas View Post
    Yes, I love it! In process of being fully renovated within 30 days Yaayy! Huge Units,very spacious loft-like. All are two bedrooms, two full baths. I don't have the bay window but I have huge front-facing windows and a common area exterior space [[shared), beautiful. Very cool mix crowd of neighbors lol..fun and open-minded people of all ages.

border patrol and TSA spotted patrolling around DEMF:

http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.co...usic-festival/

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    border patrol and TSA spotted patrolling around DEMF:

http://tsaoutofourpants.wordpress.co...usic-festival/
    Is this a bad thing?

Hello,

Owner of the blog linked to [[thanks for sharing!). It's most definitely a bad thing. The power to police society is constitutionally reserved to the states. However, the federal government is now carving out exceptions: train tracks = need TSA, within 50 miles of a border = need CBP, etc. These exceptions are so broad that they cover almost the entirety of America. Think about it: what location doesn't have some form of transportation? What major city is not within 50 miles of a border [[NY, LA, SF, DC, Miami, Detroit, etc.)?

It's also a huge waste of resources. What could a border patrol agent be looking for at a music festival? Shouldn't he be... um... patroling the border? Does having an armed squad of TSA inspectors actually deter terrorism? As if "the terrorists" wouldn't just wait until they left or pick a different day/target?

Instead, these government invasions serve only to condition Americans to accept federal eyes watching them wherever they may go. If this sounds far fetched, how far fetched does, "Let's use x-rays to photograph people naked in airports!" sound to you? Yet that's exactly where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Is this a bad thing?
    --Jon

What actually tripped me out was on Monday night- there were at least 6 uniformed Detroit police officers [[in eye sight) actually checking for wristbands on the River Walk...

Quote Originally Posted by tsaoutofourpants View Post
    Hello,

Owner of the blog linked to [[thanks for sharing!). It's most definitely a bad thing. The power to police society is constitutionally reserved to the states. However, the federal government is now carving out exceptions: train tracks = need TSA, within 50 miles of a border = need CBP, etc. These exceptions are so broad that they cover almost the entirety of America. Think about it: what location doesn't have some form of transportation? What major city is not within 50 miles of a border [[NY, LA, SF, DC, Miami, Detroit, etc.)?

It's also a huge waste of resources. What could a border patrol agent be looking for at a music festival? Shouldn't he be... um... patroling the border? Does having an armed squad of TSA inspectors actually deter terrorism? As if "the terrorists" wouldn't just wait until they left or pick a different day/target?

Instead, these government invasions serve only to condition Americans to accept federal eyes watching them wherever they may go. If this sounds far fetched, how far fetched does, "Let's use x-rays to photograph people naked in airports!" sound to you? Yet that's exactly where we are.

--Jon
    What am I missing here? Detroit could use any kind of authority patrol it can get if it makes the streets safer. The only people that need be concerned are the bad guys IMHO. What are you hiding that you fear extra protection?

Bring on the Border Patrol, TSA, DNR, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, US Marshal DEA, BATF, USDA and the LMNOP if they can help clean up Detroit!

ah, the good old 'what are you hiding' argument.

guess you dont mind showing me your 'papers, please'.

Quote Originally Posted by compn View Post
    ah, the good old 'what are you hiding' argument.

guess you dont mind showing me your 'papers, please'.
    My I.D. is in order Sir!

We were camping in our backyard Saturday night [[Moross & Mack area) and the music was loud enough to keep my daughter up. I just assumed that some teenager with out-of-town parents was throwing a house party a few blocks over or something- the fest never crossed my mind. That is an amazing sound system.

What am I missing here? Detroit could use any kind of authority patrol it can get if it makes the streets safer. The only people that need be concerned are the bad guys IMHO. What are you hiding that you fear extra protection?

Bring on the Border Patrol, TSA, DNR, FBI, CIA, Secret Service, US Marshal DEA, BATF, USDA and the LMNOP if they can help clean up Detroit!

Congratulations.

You are now part of the problem.

When the citizenry becomes desperate enough to welcome ANY type of solution...especially that from beyond what is controllable BY the citizenry...then it is ripe time for a despot.

You need to do a little learning on the Hegelian Dialectic, my friend. Also, perhaps read up on Machiavelli and his treatise on what evil even a 'good' prince must do in order to maintain power.

Problem. Reaction. Solution. That is the Hegelian Dialectic.

A problem is created in order to get the populace to flinch in reaction, forcing them to welcome ANY solution proposed by the 'powers that be'. Even restrictive non-home-rule authority.

These federal agents are a problem, and as I've said before...it is a build-up to tyranny. We are ONE event away from martial law being declared...you probably are not up on the Executive Orders the President has recently signed opening the gateway for that eventuality.

Something is up, and it ain't good.

No cheers on this one,
    John

I think maybe Pavlov's Dog pissed in your Cheerios?

Occurrence Guest

As long as they are concentrating on actual real crimes and aren't busting people for victimless crimes such as prostitution or drug possession, they can put as many police officers and feds out there as they want.

Quote Originally Posted by BLGaughan View Post
    Only in the pea brain of a libtard is the presence of law enforcement [[federal, state or otherwise) in one of the most violent cities in the county viewed as a bad thing. DPD can’t provide enough officers to control the crowds so they get assistance from other agencies. This is a simple concept and requires no input from the tin foil hat society. Grow up.
    Heya, BL!

pea brain
    libtard
    tin foil hat
    grow up

You almost hit 'em all.

YOU are the one who doesn't get it. If [[more like when) the clamp comes down, and martial law is forced upon us...and foreign troops are manning the stations at intersections which allow you to get home from work [[if there is even any work then)...

Can you NOT see the logical conclusion of this idiocy?!

How can you miss it?

Oh yeah, because you are programmed to believe that since everything has always worked out in the past, that it will this time too.

Good luck with that.

The problems with the Detroit Police Force are NOT deep enough to warrant an open welcome to every paramilitary force available...especially when you don't have any idea who actually pays their paychecks and what the concerns were when they were hired.

I mean, how many TSA employees have to be discovered operating in their little fiefdoms with impunity...stealing everything from naked glances to large sums of cash, and everything inbetween?!

What can we do about that?! Absolutely nothing.

Do we want MORE situations like that? Absolutely not.

Welcome to the Neo-Nazi State. Seig Heil, go on with your ignorant drone self. I'll be here perceiving and analyzing and thinking, comparing it to history...which you obviously have no concept of. Trends are lost on you, too.

Might be the trouble with a limited attention span.

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; June-01-12 at 06:07 AM.

The Grand Prix sound is louder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Heya, BL!

pea brain
    libtard
    tin foil hat
    grow up

You almost hit 'em all.

YOU are the one who doesn't get it. If [[more like when) the clamp comes down, and martial law is forced upon us...and foreign troops are manning the stations at intersections which allow you to get home from work [[if there is even any work then)...

Can you NOT see the logical conclusion of this idiocy?!

How can you miss it?

Oh yeah, because you are programmed to believe that since everything has always worked out in the past, that it will this time too.

Good luck with that.

The problems with the Detroit Police Force are NOT deep enough to warrant an open welcome to every paramilitary force available...especially when you don't have any idea who actually pays their paychecks and what the concerns were when they were hired.

I mean, how many TSA employees have to be discovered operating in their little fiefdoms with impunity...stealing everything from naked glances to large sums of cash, and everything inbetween?!

What can we do about that?! Absolutely nothing.

Do we want MORE situations like that? Absolutely not.

Welcome to the Neo-Nazi State. Seig Heil, go on with your ignorant drone self. I'll be here perceiving and analyzing and thinking, comparing it to history...which you obviously have no concept of. Trends are lost on you, too.

Might be the trouble with a limited attention span.

Sincerely,
    John
    Are we leaving out the Catholic Church?

Are we leaving out the Catholic Church?

Are you intentionally dredging up bullshit from another discussion for no reason but to make trouble?!

Please jump in the river, Toledo needs ya!

Even with all them killer speakers, the techno wasn't loud enough to drown out the derp on this thread.

Occurrence Guest

Everyone knows JFK was shot by the same people who framed Pete Rose.

Actually, I'm conservative/libertarian and have voted Republican most of my life. This is not an issue that is decided by the letters R or D. Civil rights issues affect all of us, and no political party enjoys being strip searched at airports or having federal police breathing down their necks as they try and listen to music.

But, I'm probably wasting my breath on someone who thinks marijuana users need to be "controlled." Pro-tip: The violence in Detroit is caused by people who have no jobs and therefore turn to the streets, not because of drug usage, and certainly not marijuana usage.

Only in the pea brain of a libtard is the presence of law enforcement [[federal, state or otherwise) in one of the most violent cities in the county viewed as a bad thing. DPD can’t provide enough officers to control the crowds so they get assistance from other agencies. This is a simple concept and requires no input from the tin foil hat society. Grow up.
    --Jon

Um, how do you think Nazi Germany began? Do you think they just started rounding up Jews? Of course not. It started with small incursions on liberty, most infamously the "Where are your papers?" gambit -- i.e., abusive policing tactics.

If you've not seen frequent instances of abuse by CBP agents in this country, you're simply not looking hard enough. A couple recent examples:

CBP Seizes Funds from Innocent Traveling Family, Judge Calls CBP "A gang of armed security officers [that] bullied this family", Orders Cash Returned
    http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...y-ordered.html

CBP Officers Beat Illegal Immigrant to Death, Unprovoked
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Please educate yourself as to what is going on in this country beyond Detroit.

I have clearly missed the chapter that details how Nazi Germany began with federal police at a music festival, and have apparently glossed over the multitude of instances in this country where border patrol agents doing anything other then sitting at the border led to a police state.
    --Jon

Thanks for the backup, Jon.

Obviously, some carry grudges from other discussions here...and I've got a bit of a reputation that seems to keep them from considering my warnings. These two are just being a lame-brains...they ARE quite good at it.

I wash my hands of these guys...and this part of the discussion really should have gotten another thread on it. I only started it because of the volume level...heard WAY further upriver than any acoustic textbook says it should, LOL!

Totally with you on the encroaching tyranny, though. I see it at every intersection that they've installed cameras at...that is enough intrusion for me!

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; June-01-12 at 12:56 PM.

Can you dig up any other Anti-State swill for the illiterate?

I don't 'dig up' anything, let alone swill.

You illiterates will just have to fend for yourselves.

I am PRO-America...PRO-United States of America...that is why I'm dead-set against this continual encroachment of Nazi-like tyranny.

I've watched it progress for years. There is very credible evidence that much of our hidden Top Secret and beyond Military/Industrial Complex has been taken over by those who wish the Nazi's had won in the 40s. Many top Nazi's were repatriated to the US during the 40s and 50s, through Operation Paperclip. I believe they brought their infection with them.

But I wouldn't expect an illiterate to understand such subtleties and intricacies. Better to just throw shitbombs from the sidelines...you are on your way to being a rockstar in the upcoming Idiocracy, congratulations!

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; June-01-12 at 01:29 PM.

I think some of you need to go to the Tower to chill out... the loudest room in the world.... [[check out 5:30).... the 11 bells in Cologne Cathedral... including the worlds largest at 27tons [[24,000 kg)...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Znn5...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I don't 'dig up' anything, let alone swill.

You illiterates will just have to fend for yourselves.

I am PRO-America...PRO-United States of America...that is why I'm dead-set against this continual encroachment of Nazi-like tyranny.

I've watched it progress for years. There is very credible evidence that much of our hidden Top Secret and beyond Military/Industrial Complex has been taken over by those who wish the Nazi's had won in the 40s. Many top Nazi's were repatriated to the US during the 40s and 50s, through Operation Paperclip. I believe they brought their infection with them.

But I wouldn't expect an illiterate to understand such subtleties and intricacies. Better to just throw shitbombs from the sidelines...you are on your way to being a rockstar in the upcoming Idiocracy, congratulations!

Sincerely,
    John
    If anyone care's to take up a collection I will donate a brand new butterfly net for your Golden Years!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast