Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25

Hopefully, Fiat has a good plan for Chrysler. I wonder what's happening on the European end, if they're bringing a bunch of Town & Countrys into Fiat showrooms.

I keep wondering about the advisability of opening up separate franchises for Fiat. I have a little difficulty with the idea that Chrysler/Dodge dealer customers aren't Fiat's target when both Ford and Chevrolet sell [[or will sell) subcompacts out of their stores. I would think adding Fiat to Chrysler/Dodge dealers would do nothing worse than add customer traffic without the added expense of opening up new stores.

On the other hand, it shouldn't be all that hard to set up a new network. Real estate would be your biggest problem, at least from a physical standpoint, and there have to be enough m/t stores out there to create a dealer chain.

I was thinking the dealers might, basically, add a Fiat sign to their Chrysler signs, basically as a gimmick to attract interest in the new brand.

Won't work. According to the Detroit News article, Fiat is requiring stand alone dealerships.

At least the 500 will be produced in North America rather than overseas. A more prosperous and stable Mexico certainly benefits us. I hope it has some U.S. sourced parts.

Ford and Chrysler recall vehicles

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/for...?siteid=yhoof2

By Sue Chang

SAN FRANCISCO [[MarketWatch) -- Ford said Friday it is recalling about 33,000 model year 2010 Transit Connect vehicles for failing to meet the minimum federal vehicle safety standard. "During vehicle testing the vehicle exceeded head injury criteria requirements set by the standard," said Ford in a notice posted on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website. The vehicles affected were manufactured from Dec. 5, 2008 to May 31, 2010. Chrysler is also recalling an unspecified number of model year 2010 Dodge Nitro, Dodge Ram, Jeep Liberty and Jeep Wrangler to replace problematic brake tubes.

Sorry, gear heads and assorted lame-o's, but the hipsters win? :-D

http://www.reuters.com/article/idCNN...0100709?rpc=44

Separately, Chrysler is recalling certain 2010 Jeep Liberty and Wrangler, Dodge Nitro and Ram 1500 trucks made in the United States that may have been built with an improperly formed tube that could cause brake fluid to leak.
    Chrysler is halting sales of the affected vehicles, made in April and May of this year, until the problem covering up to 22,000 vehicles is fixed, the company said in a letter to regulators.
    Chrysler, which emerged from a U.S. government-financed bankruptcy last year under the management of Italy's Fiat SpA [[FIA.MI), will formally notify dealers and vehicle owners next month. [[Reporting by John Crawley; Editing by Tim Dobbyn)

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    Sorry, gear heads and assorted lame-o's, but the hipsters win? :-D
    We've got tons of doofus hipsters[[referred to as .........s by my daughter & her friends). They rarely use public transportation though; mostly they're driving a BMW or Audi.

Chrysler to Fully Repay $7.53 Billion in U.S., Canada Loans This Quarter

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...tml?cmpid=yhoo

I was behind an Alfa Romeo Giulietta yesterday with "M" plates. Looks like Fiat is bringing the luxury Italian brand back to the U.S. sometime in 2012 or 2013. I for one am excited at this as I drive the last Alfa model sold in the us, the fast, luxurious 164 LS.

Not a Mopar guy, but one of the moms dropping the kids off at school this morning looked pretty cool in her purple SRT Challenger.

Love the Challenger & seeing more on the road all the time. Saw a new Charger over the weekend & feel they did a good update job with a nod to the past.

Chrysler turns first profit since bankruptcy

Chrysler turns first profit since its bankruptcy thanks to growing sales

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Chrysl....html?x=0&.v=3

The company reported first-quarter net income of $116 million and revenues of $13.1 billion on Monday. The profit is a milestone in Chrysler's long road back to health after its 2009 bankruptcy. It last reported a profit in 2007.

Several trends put Chrysler Group LLC back in the black. Its sales rose 18 percent worldwide in the first three months of the year as the economy improved and buyers responded to a fresh lineup of new cars and trucks.

"Chrysler Group's improved sales and financial performance in the first quarter show that our rejuvenated product lineup is gaining momentum in the marketplace and resonating with customers," Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by fryar View Post
    Hopefully, Fiat has a good plan for Chrysler. I wonder what's happening on the European end, if they're bringing a bunch of Town & Countrys into Fiat showrooms.
    I would not mind if they sold US build Chrysler products as FIAT's in Europe [I think this has happened]

BUT

What i do not like, and i cannot ever forgive Sergio.M for doing is the desecration of the Lancia brand. i.e.

The 300C is sold as a Lancia Thema in Europe:

http://www.lancianewthema.com/default.aspx

Its disgraceful, nothing else to add, happy to report its failed to sell, do they really think that Europeans are that dumb?

Rather they shut the brand then dress it up in a frock.

Lancia is God
    , not a prostitute

Rant Over!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    I would not mind if they sold US build Chrysler products as FIAT's in Europe [I think this has happened]

BUT

What i do not like, and i cannot ever forgive Sergio.M for doing is the desecration of the Lancia brand. i.e.

The 300C is sold as a Lancia Thema in Europe:

http://www.lancianewthema.com/default.aspx

Its disgraceful, nothing else to add, happy to report its failed to sell, do they really think that Europeans are that dumb?

Rather they shut the brand then dress it up in a frock.

Lancia is God
    , not a prostitute

Rant Over!

Cheers
    Lancia has not been Lancia since long before Sergio's time at the helm. The brand has been treated like the ugly step sister since Fiat purchased the company in 1969. In looking at Lancia the company flourishes only under Vincenzo Lancia when he was designing and manufacturing well built innovative automobiles with exceptional handling.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Lancia has not been Lancia since long before Sergio's time at the helm. The brand has been treated like the ugly step sister since Fiat purchased the company in 1969. In looking at Lancia the company flourishes only under Vincenzo Lancia when he was designing and manufacturing well built innovative automobiles with exceptional handling.
    Thankyou for knowing Lancia!

The range was unique till just a few years ago, 3 of the current 6 range are still pure Lancia, so the rot is not totally set in.

Its a niche brand, small volume sales, almost forgotten by some, strong in some Euro countries, not a bright future, just in a hold, wait and see position for now.

Cheers

When the latest Viper model was revealed, Marchionne said something the effect that "this car is what Chrysler is all about." Yep, that's why your company has been bought out by the US Government, Daimler, Fiat, and etc.

Chrysler wants to be a luxury/sport cars Euro-style automobile company and a big 3 car company at the same time. I don't think that'll ever work out long-term. Chrysler either needs to significantly downsize and focus solely on the luxury/sports car end or drop the high-priced, gas-guzzling nonsense and make competitive economic cars. And here's some news for Chrysler: America will never be a growing high-end car market ever again, or at least not for a very long time, and other countries aren't that interested in American cars.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    Thankyou for knowing Lancia!

The range was unique till just a few years ago, 3 of the current 6 range are still pure Lancia, so the rot is not totally set in.

Its a niche brand, small volume sales, almost forgotten by some, strong in some Euro countries, not a bright future, just in a hold, wait and see position for now.

Cheers
    For you AUSSIE from RM auctions facebook page today.

Live from Arizona: Arguably the most desirable post-war Lancia, this stunning '56 Lancia Aurelia B24S America Spyder attracts strong interest to sell for $750,000 hammer - a new record for the model!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

For you AUSSIE from RM auctions facebook page today.

Live from Arizona: Arguably the most desirable post-war Lancia, this stunning '56 Lancia Aurelia B24S America Spyder attracts strong interest to sell for $750,000 hammer - a new record for the model!
    WOW!, great find and thanks for posting!

Now that is a *proper* Lancia, Vincenzo would be pleased!

Only $600k more than 8200 Mack!

Cheers

AUSSIE another Lancia making headlines. From Hagerty Classic Cars Facebook page.

Huge money paid at Gooding and Company this afternoon for a barn-find 1956 Lancia B24S Spider America. A rare car made rarer by its preservation. Sold at $803,000—twice the estimate.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

AUSSIE another Lancia making headlines. From Hagerty Classic Cars Facebook page.

Huge money paid at Gooding and Company this afternoon for a barn-find 1956 Lancia B24S Spider America. A rare car made rarer by its preservation. Sold at $803,000—twice the estimate.
    Great work, many thanks for posting!

Prices are starting to get silly again, Vincenzo would be pleased!

Cheers

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25