Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

^I was there also.
    They always but on a beautiful ceremony and what a great monument to those soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    ^I was there also.
    They always but on a beautiful ceremony and what a great monument to those soldiers.
    What did you think of the Edgar A. Guest poem I read?

Guest was approaching the height of his career when he wrote it and in his day, he was a well-known Detroit and Michigan "institution" and very popular with the the mass consumers of poetry. He was named the first [[and only) Poet Laureate of Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    What did you think of the Edgar A. Guest poem I read?

Guest was approaching the height of his career when he wrote it and in his day, he was a well-known Detroit and Michigan "institution" and very popular with the the mass consumers of poetry. He was named the first [[and only) Poet Laureate of Michigan.
    Very nice, as was the whole ceremony. I've been to the ceremony 4 of the last 5 years, only missing the year I was out of town. 2008 was my first year and I probably learned about it from the above thread in 07. I do remember researching the Polar Bears thouroughly on the internet and gathering as much info as I could around that time.