Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

These arthritic-looking hand signals really make guys look like goons. Both that and baseball caps on backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown diva View Post
    I, four one, would vote for her again.

I know plenty of people who would as well.

You probably are talking to too many people from suburbia
    Damn, you sound like you could be Moronica herself. Misspelled "for" with "four."
    Statement of support in next election.
    Laying blame on Brooksie.
    Name of "Downtown Diva."

Anyone want to take this bet?

I find it very convenient that this all has gone down after she went head to head with L Brook Pattinson. It seems somewhat convenient.
    Now I KNOW it's you, Mon Con. I'e said all along that it is very possible that the ONLY reason you opposed the Cobo deal is so you can say that "they" are coming for you when the indictments start rolling in.

after she went head to head with L Brook Pattinson
    L. Brooks Patterson. I don't even like the guy, but how hard is it to get his name right?

Diva, your jokeing right?

O'Reilly is no doubt going after her because of the John Conyers connection - otherwise he has no reason to bother with a local story like this one. But could we just send him Monica, lock her and that repulsive bullying creep O'Reilly in a room together, and never let either of them out to offend the public ever again.

Downtown diva Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Diva, your jokeing right?
    not exactly. My grandmother always said to me that In all mans heaven, endures yearning. wanting or ordinary deviations.

I believe in the goodness in everyone...what can I say? I look at the good side of things.

that being said, I agree that monica is doing herself no favors with the attitude...i am just not sure that she is guiilty.

by not praying for Downtown Diva, you are part of the problem!

Bearinabox Guest

not exactly. My grandmother always said to me that In all mans heaven, endures yearning. wanting or ordinary deviations.

I believe in the goodness in everyone...what can I say? I look at the good side of things.
    Christ, and people think there's too much cynicism around here. If "looking at the good side of things" means giving delusional whackjobs a second chance at fucking up my city, sign me up for the Doom and Gloom Club.

that being said, I agree that monica is doing herself no favors with the attitude...i am just not sure that she is guiilty.
    Let's say for the sake of argument that she isn't guilty. How exactly does that make her worthy of another term in office? If "she might possibly be innocent" is the best defense of her you can come up with, maybe it's time to rethink your support of her.

Congressman John Conyers influential? Despite being a co-sponsor on more bills than 94% of his collegues, 82% of his bills never make it past committee. On a percentage basis, he misses more votes than 98% of his collegues. You can't be influential in DC if you're not there. At least we know Monica isn't lonely when she's missing all those council meetings.

http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/r.../cosponsor.xml
    http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/r...introduced.xml
    http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/repstats/novote.xml

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Congressman John Conyers influential? Despite being a co-sponsor on more bills than 94% of his collegues, 82% of his bills never make it past committee. On a percentage basis, he misses more votes than 98% of his collegues. You can't be influential in DC if you're not there. At least we know Monica isn't lonely when she's missing all those council meetings.

http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/r.../cosponsor.xml
    http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/r...introduced.xml
    http://www.govtrack.us/data/us/111/repstats/novote.xml
    If you said effective, I could go along with that. Influential ? I think very.

He is the chair of the House Judiciary Committee which is a standing committee.

The reason his bills die in committee is because he is too liberal for most folks.

He fought to make MLK a national holiday, he is fighting for single payer health care. He acts as the liberal conscience to the executive branch exposing stunts like Bush's voting fiasco in Ohio to the public. He is too far to the left to ever be effective, but he is influential.

Sorry, there is no way that Downtown Diva is Monica -- Diva's spelling and grammar is too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    Sorry, there is no way that Downtown Diva is Monica -- Diva's spelling and grammar is too good.
    Excellent point. But she could just be trying to throw us off.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    O'Reilly is no doubt going after her because of the John Conyers connection ...............
    Actually, O'Reilly said during that segment that he liked John Conyers. That's what he said. Kinda surreal in it's own peculiar way. Right about now is when David Lynch is supposed to yell, "cut"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2