Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 34 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 84 ... LastLast

A design by N. C. Sorenson. I also added an image of the main door with due to its terrific design.

William E. Higginbotham Elementary School 20119 Wisconsin built in 1926 Detroit Public Schools-Eight Mile Wyoming Neighborhood Detroit, MI. One of 80 schools in the city nominated for inclusion on the national register
    Attached Images Attached Images    

A design by C. F. J. Barnes including an image of the home from a 1922 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.

7443 Dexter Avenue built in 1918 Petosky-Otsego Neighborhood Detroit, MI.

A MacFarlane, Maul & Lentz design, including an image of the home from a 1919 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer. I would like to thank Southofbloor for helping me locate this home.

1015 Vinewood built in 1916 Hubbard Farms Historic District Detroit, Mi.

A design by Bloodgood Tuttle, including an images from a 1922 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.

2024 Atkinson built in 1921 Atkinson Avenue Historic District Detroit, MI.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; September-24-12 at 12:17 AM.

A Donaldson & Meier Design including an image for a 1922 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.

Waiting Room/Offices Mount Olivet Cemetery 17100 Van Dyke built in 1922 Detroit, MI.

A Mildner & Eisen design.

Superintendent's House/Office Gethsemane Cemetery 10755 Gratiot Avenue built in 1919 Detroit, MI.

A Smith, Hinchman & Grylls design.

Bell Telephone Building 17045 Mack Avenue built in 1928 East English Village Detroit, MI.

I didn't see any mention about the apartment buildings designed in the Palmer Park area. Many of Detroit's noted architects worked in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    I didn't see any mention about the apartment buildings designed in the Palmer Park area. Many of Detroit's noted architects worked in this area.
    Throughout the 34 pages of this thread there are images from Albert Kahn, Wiedmaier & Gay, Charles Agree, Robert West, Cyril Schley, Isadore Lewis, William Kapp, and even a church designed by Robert Derrick posted. All are located in the Palmer Park Apartment Historic District. One must look very close!

In my documentary, we have footage of many of Detroit neighborhoods which will include some of the homes mentioned here.
    "The Great Detroit? It was-It is-It will be"
    Click on www.strongdetroit.net to see a short version of the actual film.
    Click on www.indiegogo.com/thegreatdetroitdocumentary to support our efforts to complete the film.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Strong View Post
    In my documentary, we have footage of many of Detroit neighborhoods which will include some of the homes mentioned here.
    "The Great Detroit? It was-It is-It will be"
    Click on www.strongdetroit.net to see a short version of the actual film.
    Click on www.indiegogo.com/thegreatdetroitdocumentary to support our efforts to complete the film.
    Thank you
    With a thread this long, a little hijacking is expected, I have done a little of it myself on other threads. I usually do not mind but please refrain from begging on this thread. The information here is free and open to all who want to know more about the existing treasures this city has to offer. I have no interest in charging for the information available here, but when I run into a DYer I would love to know what your favorites are! With projects like the documentary a thread of its own would be more appropriate. I think a running progress report would be quite popular on here.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; October-03-12 at 03:18 PM.

A Clarence Day design.

829 Balfour built in 1928 Grosse Pointe Park, MI.

After some technical difficulties I am able to post images again. Thx Lowell! A Paul Tilds design. This building has underground parking!

The Manor House 660 Whitmore built in 1949 Palmer Park Apartment Historic District Detroit, MI.

A design by Howard A. Ladue. With Shiperd running directly behhind the home I was able to get an image of the back of the home. Also included is an image from a 1920 issue of The American Architect.

1476 Seyburn built in 1913 West Village Historic District Detroit, MI.

A Wiedmaier & Gay Design.

The Rosemor 17450 Third Avenue built in 1948 Palmer Park Apartment Historic District.

An image of the original Bath House on Belle Isle from a 1919 issue of Michigan Architect and Engineer.

Wonderful images as usual. Love seeing them. Thank You!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pkbroch View Post
    Wonderful images as usual. Love seeing them. Thank You!!!!
    YW pkbroch! I am glad you enjoy them.
    I found this article in a 1922 issue of The Architectural Record. The article shows an aspect of the Main Library one does not think about. We are very fortunate to have such a treasure here.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; October-08-12 at 08:09 PM.

Thank you for this latest article about the Detroit Public Library. I lead tours of the Cultural Center, starting at the Woodward entrance of the Library. The mosaic tile ceiling is something that I so enjoy sharing with tourgoers since most folks have no idea that there is a treasure overlooking the colonnade! A few years back I was lucky enough to walk the colonnade and take some photos of the ceiling. It is a true thing of beauty!!!

After working for George Mason, partnering with George Nettleton and Albert Kahn Detroiter Alexander B. Trowbridge moved New York. Pairing with Frederick L. Ackerman. Here are a few images of a home they designed for A. I. Searle in Miinniapolis, MN.

One of the highlights of the Palmer Park Apartment Historic District tour last Saturday the Luxor. Designed by Wiedmaier & Gay in 1928 and featuring Flint Faience & Tile Company ceramics.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; October-09-12 at 12:58 AM.

An Isadore M. Lewis design. One nice surprise on the tour this past weekend was an unscheduled tour of an unoccupied apartment.

850 Whitmore built in 1952 Palmer Park Apartment Building Historic District Detroit, MI.

A design by J. Ivan Dise and Clair Ditchy.

745 Balfour built in 1927 Grosse Pointe Park, MI.

A Pollmar & Ropes design.

1302 Kensington built in 1924 Grosse Pointe Park, MI.

By request interior images of Isadore M. Lewis' 850 Whitmore.

Page 34 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 84 ... LastLast