Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 114 of 116 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 2903

Hybrid View

Designed by Everett B. Arnold for J. F. Holahan. 1220 Three Mile Drive built in 1925 Grosse Pointe Park, MI.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Detroit's Wealth of Architectural Talent Tops the One Million Views Mark!

Congratulations to p69rrh51 and his awesome DetroitYES Hall of Fame thread for blowing past the ONE MILLION VIEWS mark! Such a great and informative thread. Thanks for all your research and effort that has enlightened all of us on Detroit's great architectural legacy!
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 1.12.15 PM.png
Views: 888
Size:  15.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Congratulations to p69rrh51 and his awesome DetroitYES Hall of Fame thread
    Second that! I've always had a very casual interest in architecture. I've loved the art deco buildings in Detroit and other cities since I was a kid. Also used to enjoy watching America's Castles and similar shows on A&E. I appreciate the knowledge of p69rrh51, Gistok and other posters on this forum.

Time consuming for sure and appreciated. Thank you p69rrh51

I recently found these images in a 1926 issue of The Architectural Record.

Designed by Richard H. Marr for Edward F. Fisher. 892 West Boston Boulevard built in 1925 Boston-Edison Historic District Detroit, MI. Includes images of the house from a 1926 issue of The Architectural Record.

Landscape architect: Bryant Fleming

Designed by Donaldson & Meier. Detroit Boat Club, East Picnic Way built 1890-1891 Belle Isle Detroit, MI.

Opened: June 20, 1891

Burned down 1893
    This is the first of three clubhouses for the DBC at this location. This building and the first clubhouse were both destroyed by fire.
    Image from the Burton Historical Collection, circa 1891.

Designed by Frank E. Kirby.
    1) James Battle, built in 1900 Detroit Shipbuilding Company, Wyandotte, MI.
    2-3) I
    mages of the boat from the archives of the Library of Congress, circa 1900
    4) An article/rendering of the fireboat from a 1900 edition of the Detroit Free Press.

Launched: October 13, 1900
    Commissioned: January 15, 1901
    Image of the fireboat from the archives of the Detroit Historical Society, circa 1905.

Designed and built by Lloyd Brothers Monuments Company. Grinnell Mausoleum 19975 Woodward Avenue built in 1920 Woodlawn Cemetery Detroit, MI. Includes an image of the front elevation of the mausoleum from the archives of Chip Chapman, circa 1929.

Hi Ray! We were just at Woodlawn Cemetery on this past Saturday afternoon....a beautiful sunny fall day in the D, enjoying the architecture and art as well as the awesome fall colors!

Stopped at the Grinnell mausoleum right there next to Dodge and Wilson!!

Thanks, p69rrh51, for posting! And for all the awesome info and images you've provided over the past decade+. What a great resource!!

Hey, does anyone know exactly what year Roosevelt Elementary on the Central complex was demolished? I did some searches back through the site archives and see someone said they were on the school board from 91-92 when it was demolished, but does anyone know which year? It's hard to find photos of it for some reason.

Designed by Almon C. Varney for Hubert H. Humphrey. 55 West Canfield built 1887-1888 Midtown, Detroit, MI.

Demolished: Date unknown to me
    Image of the house from the Burton Historical Collection, date unknown.

Designed by Mildner & Eisen. American Auto Trimming Company Factory, 3100 Meldrum built in 1912 Detroit, MI. Includes an article/rendering featuring the building from a 1912 edition of the Detroit Free Press.

Image from a 1916 issue of The Western Architect.

Designed by McGrath & Dohmen. Newberry Elementary School. 4045 Twenty Ninth Street built in 1928 Chadsey Condon/Detroit Pubic Schools, Detroit, MI.

Image from Wayne State University's Virtual Motor City Collection, circa 1935.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Designed by McGrath & Dohmen. Newberry Elementary School. 4045 Twenty Ninth Street built in 1928 Chadsey Condon/Detroit Pubic Schools, Detroit, MI.

Image from Wayne State University's Virtual Motor City Collection, circa 1935.
    I like that lil' greenhouse feature.
    Not a common thing.

Built by Herbert F. Hone for Bertha Engel/Albert E. Davey. 1800 Seminole built 1930-1931 Indian Village Historic District, Detroit, MI.

The days are numbered for this building.

Designed by Albert Kahn. Hudson Motor Car Company Body Plant, 9501 Connor built in 1925 City Airport, Detroit, MI.

Also known as Cadillac Stamping Plant.

The days are numbered for this building.

Designed by Albert Kahn. Hudson Motor Car Company Body Plant, 9501 Connor built in 1925 City Airport, Detroit, MI.

Also known as Cadillac Stamping Plant.

My grandfather worked here for several years as a diesetter. He also worked at Hudson's main plant on Jefferson.

Designed by Baxter, O'Dell & Halpin for W. G. Arthur Reid. 553 Arden Park built in 1914 Arden Park-East Boston Boulevard Historic District, Detroit, MI.

Designed by Baxter, O'Dell & Halpin for W. G. Arthur Reid. 553 Arden Park built in 1914 Arden Park-East Boston Boulevard Historic District, Detroit, MI.
    Wow, a craftsman home that appears big enough for today's standards! Even if to my eye it looks um, standardized. Hopefully with that they added storage, updated the utilities [[especially the electrics), and expanded the kitchen.
    Last edited by bust; November-29-20 at 01:18 AM.

This Wiedmaier & Gay design is a long way from "home."

Designed by Wiedmaier & Gay for Walter Hayes. Berwalt Manor, 760 Campbell built in 1928 Delray, Detroit, MI.

Designed by Albert Kahn, Ernest Wilby-Associate. Packard Motor Car Company Sales and Service Building, 2357 South Michigan Avenue built in 1912? Chicago, IL

Image from a 1912 issue of The American Architect.

Designed by Albert Kahn, Ernest Wilby-Associate. Packard Motor Car Company Sales and Service Building, 2357 South Michigan Avenue built in 1912? Chicago, IL...
    Very handsome. Shame what's there today: https://goo.gl/maps/1Ajh1eDjwwHzocTc8

Do the Ilitches own real estate outside of the Detroit area? Serious question.
    Last edited by bust; November-29-20 at 01:12 AM.

Designed by C. Howard Crane for the Briggs Commercial and Development Corporation. Commercial Block, 101 South Old Woodward built in 1929 Birmingham, MI. Includes an advertisement featuring the building from a 1929 edition of the Detroit Free Press.

Only two of the planned five stories were built.
    The third story is a recent addition.

Designed and built by John Finn & Son. Saint Florian Parish School, 2619 Florian built 1922-1923 St. Florian Historic District, Hamtramck, MI. Includes an article/rendering featuring the building from a 1922 edition of the Detroit Free Press.